*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

he was fantastic at the start of the season. in anyone who watches football in scotland's eyes ffs. i agree his form has dipped, so has other players, hopefully this is our dip in form over. what a massive win for us today, do not underestimate this win was massive. a big statement can be made if we beat Sj Johnstone, Stmirren and Hibs. 

I think Aribo was fantastic at the start of the season & has lost form

Kent has been consistently average at best for the whole season, his last really good game I can think of was away to Braga in last seasons Europa League, cant think of 1 game since where he's stood out

Regardless agree that the result today was bigger than the 3 points & hope it gives the players some confidence that they can play through a bad spell and still get results

Win the next 3 before the taigs in the new year and I'll feel alot better about things 

HG5 likes this
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nerves my fucking arse m8, this place is jam packed with absolute surrender monkeys, I get that a lot of our younger generation have never known what it's really like to fight for a title but some of

Huge result for these “cowards and bottlers”. Cant wait until Gerrard “fucks off back to Liverpool” I tell you what, I know who the cowards and bottlers were today and it wasn’t our players.

Sounds a bit mad, but i'm glad the way that game played out.  Up to we scored i had a real sinking feeling, another collapse was coming, i'm sure the players were none to happy either. But w

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

There was cunts calling them shitebags after 5 minutes, at 1-1 another lunatic posted "come on Rangers 15 minutes to save the season " even if we lost we would still be in the driving seat, I really don't like arguing with my own but the match threads are impossible to keep your cool in. 

Madness now I put it down to nerves I'm sober well at least till tonight and I thought we would win as we are a much better team than last season.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

it is actually very sad the mentality of teams in scotland who get an early lead against us or even at the first whistle aim to avoid defeat or keep the score down rather than play a game than improves them and the league.

there is no variety in the game at all. especially for Rangers who week in week out have to play against the exact same anti football formation. which does makeour european exploits the more pleasing as its a brand of football we rarely get a chance to practice.

good hard working victory to boost the confidence.

They really did bring it on themselves.

We didn’t even have to press - just had to wait for them to give us it back.

And Roofe’s goals, tidy finishes as both were, were the result of random bounces you get when you have too many people back and the ball’s just pinging around.

8 minutes ago, northern bear said:

There are going to be bumps in the road and today they pulled through. We would have lost or drawn that game last season. People who think the league is over are wrong. I'll start being more confident if we get through to the end of January with a decent gap. 

I have said exactly the same on a few occasions,  a decent lead going into February I might start to get confident 

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

They really did bring it on themselves.

We didn’t even have to press - just had to wait for them to give us it back.

And Roofe’s goals, tidy finishes as both were, were the result of random bounces you get when you have too many people back and the ball’s just pinging around.

i missed all the goals as i was at my work. had the phone out and was relieved when the updates came through.

but spot on. they literally kept clearing it via long ball straight to our players repeatedly.

roofe is a great player. works hard and has a good brain. cant ask for much more considering the price we paid for him.

HG5 likes this

I loved the way we time wasted at the corner near the end of the game. Must have been at least 3 corners and 3 throw ins and a couple of minutes wasted. Looks as if SG jas been drilling that tactic in on the training pitch. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just had a nosey through the thread after they scored up til half time.

Fucking hell the comments about bottlers, shitebags, cowards, cunts, 3 season in a row losers all got battered out.

Hey ho. Glad this shower of serial losers got us 3 points 👏👏👏

Fortunately our players have more character and bottle than said posters.

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

True, but looked what happened when Itten started in midweek & it didn’t work out?

Fair play to him, though, for not letting his head drop & coming up with a tidy finish for the winner!!

More i watch us against these teams, I am certain players are not the issue. Zungu itten etc were fine today. I think more ingenuity on training field to un nerve these aanky teams is needed. 

Would agree with those saying Alfie not being available hurts us from a space perspective  tho.

HG5 likes this
1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

More i watch us against these teams, I am certain players are not the issue. Zungu itten etc were fine today. I think more ingenuity on training field to un nerve these aanky teams is needed. 

Would agree with those saying Alfie not being available hurts us from a space perspective  tho.

I think you’re right mate - a lot is too predictable.

And we found where Roofe’s sweet spot is today (he must have 4 or 5 from that area by now) so the question is, how do we set him up in his zone more often?

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Frankly at HT I was too disgusted to post anything. Had to turn to alcohol to numb the pain. But all's well that ends well.

You were lucky - I’m on antibiotics that’ll make me puke if I mix with alcohol..😳

2 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Mince pie sausage roll cmon Rangers geez a goal! 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Cornish Pastie, Forfar Bridie, 2 quick goals for us would be tidy. 

Can't believe the amount of regular posters who take it personal just to dis us in the initial stages of the game of 90 odd minutes

If you were pissed off, just stay positive, and if you can't stay positive try poetry. 

The above worked well after we lost the first goal. wouldn't be surprised if Steve Gerrard was actually keeping an eye on this forum's more experienced and positive posters, and used the above to wind the players up at half time and on to greater things. 

Certainly worked., in my opinion. we even went on to score a third without Steve threatening them with more poetry. 

:whistle:

TheJacketRFC likes this
30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just had a nosey through the thread after they scored up til half time.

Fucking hell the comments about bottlers, shitebags, cowards, cunts, 3 season in a row losers all got battered out.

Hey ho. Glad this shower of serial losers got us 3 points 👏👏👏

Looked in and remembered why I don’t post much when the games on, the only bottlers were the fannys slagging the players.

Jasper Blues likes this