*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The way Saturday's game went I knew that this thread would be shall we say "a bit volatile" with a roller coaster content.   So for a bit of light amusement today I decided to check out some posts just to see how it went.   First 5 mins positive.  After their goal negative.  About 30 mins in really negative.  About 60 mins in people going apoplectic.  After about 70 mins near suicidal.  After equaliser some more positivity.   After Itten goal unbridled joy.  Frayed nerves until 3rd goal.  Then total relief and uplifted spirits.

I'm not mocking anyone because we all more or less went through the same nail-biting experience but reading back over some of the posts did make me laugh a bit.   Mind you, I don't know how anyone could actually post during the game.

It is difficult to concentrate on the game when you come in here  . 

And if I don't concentrate we invariably drop points  . I'll bet most feel that way though :lol:

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The way Saturday's game went I knew that this thread would be shall we say "a bit volatile" with a roller coaster content.   So for a bit of light amusement today I decided to check out some posts just to see how it went.   First 5 mins positive.  After their goal negative.  About 30 mins in really negative.  About 60 mins in people going apoplectic.  After about 70 mins near suicidal.  After equaliser some more positivity.   After Itten goal unbridled joy.  Frayed nerves until 3rd goal.  Then total relief and uplifted spirits.

I'm not mocking anyone because we all more or less went through the same nail-biting experience but reading back over some of the posts did make me laugh a bit.   Mind you, I don't know how anyone could actually post during the game.

I was ok until about 15 minutes in then became a bit of a mad man shouting at the tv, probably for the best were not allowed in tbh Ibrox would have been quite unpleasant until we equalised I would imagine 😂

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I was ok until about 15 minutes in then became a bit of a mad man shouting at the tv, probably for the best were not allowed in tbh Ibrox would have been quite unpleasant until we equalised I would imagine 😂

I've mentioned before it might well suit us not to have crowds yet despite us all missing it.  

• 5 months later...

Mind this game :lol: was a pivotal match of the season in terms of our mentality, it finally proved that we could get over the line even when we were playing shite.

This thread was also exhilarating to read through at the time, the way the despair when we were losing gradually begins to turn to relief when we equalise and then joy when we score the second and third goals.

Probably the most important non-OF game this season.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Here. 

How good were we keeping the ball in the corner at the end of tight games (I know it's not specific to this one). Itten was unreal at it. 

Nobody is allowed to mention Hamilton away or St Johnstone at home in the Scottish Cup though.

Hibs away was a masterclass. Benfica away not so much.

I've mentioned before how key this game was . 

If we'd had dropped anything here it would have given them a boost going into the OF game with the opportunity of wiping out the points advantage , iirc . So to go behind early on , not to panic against 11 men behind the ball and eventually overcome Motherwell , spoke volumes for our mental strength , which had been quite rightly criticised in previous seasons . 

I'd say it was this game where I really started believing this could be 55 .