Winning Mentality

sco22y

Seen this phrase mentioned more tonight in numerous posts than I can ever remember.

Do we have it? Going by tonight's game lots of good honest supporters question this. 

My own personal opinion is that:

We struggled to dominate tonight and make chances like we have done previously this year. However, our current captain (and player of the year) stepped up to take an 88th minute free kick to try and rescue the game only to produce a stunning effort and our old captain stepped in to score the rebound. 

Yes we lost a goal a few minutes later. However, I believe the passage of play I mentioned speaks volumes and I don't think that our ultimate  defeat was helped by one of our cbs going off injured. 

Like every other Rangers fan, I know that the league is a priority this year but hopefully now those players have had their wake up call. 

I believe we have winners in the shape of Tav (form), Goldson (form), Mcgregor (titles), Davis (titles euro experience), Defoe (total pro), McAllister (Captain of many clubs) and Gerrard (World class).

Come Saturday against Motherwell, it is now our players chance to prove that we have a winning Mentality. Or to at least build on the foundations of our winning Mentality. 

Fellow bears, what are your thoughts-do we have it? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've went 27 games unbeaten until tonight topped our EL group. Am devastated like everyone but cool heads are required. 

Tonight for me shows that we can't just turn up and expect a win we must give every game 100% attention. 

This Rangers team are a very very good team and I still believe we will win the league. 

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We've went 27 games unbeaten until tonight topped our EL group. Am devastated like everyone but cool heads are required. 

Tonight for me shows that we can't just turn up and expect a win we must give every game 100% attention. 

This Rangers team are a very very good team and I still believe we will win the league. 

Thank fuck. Some perspective.

49 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Seen this phrase mentioned more tonight in numerous posts than I can ever remember.

Do we have it? Going by tonight's game lots of good honest supporters question this. 

We struggled to dominate tonight and make chances like we have done previously this year. However, our current captain (and player of the year) stepped up to take an 88th minute free kick to try and rescue the game only to produce a stunning effort and our old captain stepped in to score the rebound. 

Yes we lost a goal a few minutes later. However, I believe the passage of play I mentioned speaks volumes and I don't think that our ultimate  defeat was helped by one of our cbs going off injured. 

Like every other Rangers fan, I know that the league is a priority this year but hopefully now those players have had their wake up call. 

I believe we have winners in the shape of Tav (form), Goldson (form), Mcgregor (titles), Davis (titles euro experience), Defoe (total pro), McAllister (Captain of many clubs) and Gerrard (World class).

Come Saturday against Motherwell, it is now our players chance to prove that we have a winning Mentality. Or to at least build on the foundations of our winning Mentality. 

No. The 27 previous games were won with a loosing mentality. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No. The 27 previous games were won with a loosing mentality. 

Walter Smith's Rangers team were winners. They managed to win the title with Tommy Burn's team only being beaten once. Unfortunately, your sarcasm screams hurt, which we are all feeling at this point in time. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What trophy is up for grabs on Saturday? 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We won't have it until we start winning things, it's that simple. 

I'm really fucking bemused by how posters get this complicated.

Win a trophy = Winning mentality.

Not winning a trophy = Bottling.

We were gonna lose a game eventually, thought we had some tricky fixtures over xmas didn’t see the banana skin being tonight... when they lost to Ross county the other week I wasn’t as ecstatic as my brother, my reply to him was that I wish it had been a league game...

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

We were gonna lose a game eventually, thought we had some tricky fixtures over xmas didn’t see the banana skin being tonight... when they lost to Ross county the other week I wasn’t as ecstatic as my brother, my reply to him was that I wish it had been a league game...

I said the exact same. In terms of league cups we hold the record. After last year, can you imagine what the training will be like for the rest of the week? And I'm talking about the attitude of the players and not the methods set out by the coaches. 

Its football!!, it never surprises me it was going to happen soona or later, yes tonight is a sore one,but weve battered nearly everyone in scotland bar tonight. that horse has shit, forget it we move on regroup and tighten that screw on celtic to go 16 ahead on saturday. 

1 minute ago, Rlm said:

Its football!!, it never surprises me it was going to happen soonatonight is a sore one,but weve battered nearly everyone in scotland bar tonight. that horse has shit, forget it we move on regroup and tighten that screw on celtic to go 16 ahead on saturday. 

Birthday caird pish!

The question remains:

Do you believe we have a winning Mentality? Ultimately to win the league- not a series of games. 

1 minute ago, sco22y said:

Birthday caird pish!

The question remains:

Do you believe we have a winning Mentality? Ultimately to win the league- not a series of games. 

Aye I do think we have the winning mentality to win the league. I just think we turned up tonight expecting to piss it, complacency etc. 

2 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Aye I do think we have the winning mentality to win the league. I just think we turned up tonight expecting to piss it, complacency etc. 

Well my friend, let's hope our shared optimism bares fruit at the end of the season. 

Better Rangers teams than this one have lost games 

It's about our response winning on Saturday and with a good performance is a must. 

I understand the hurt of tonight but the reaction by some is OTT

When we're on form we are head and shoulders above anything in this league. 

5 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Well my friend, let's hope our shared optimism bares fruit at the end of the season. 

No doubting we will go about it in true Rangers fashion...the hard way!

15 minutes ago, Rlm said:

That's been our problem for the last few weeks imo yes we've been winning but even from Ross County game until we scored till tonight we have been nowhere near our levels in terms of pressing or tempo. 

Tonight is a really sore one but hopefully that's enough to reset our squad and get back to doing our fundamentals again. 

We are the best squad in the country by a distance but we must earn every 3 points. 

Tonight gives they cunts hope they've seen we can be got at. Clear message must go out this weekend. 

That's what I expected to see

On 16/12/2020 at 23:56, sco22y said:

excellent post tbf mate . We do have it this year.

Although i think we have good quality players, as opposed to players with heart and desire .They have still to prove that on the vital games, as yet for me .

I disagree on the winners part . Tav and Goldson are playing out of their skins ,  they are not winners in my eyes . "yet " . No matter how well they are playing this season .Trophies and medals have to be won , before i hear all that sort of stuff about a player .

The season could be one to remember , if only stopping that lot winning their tainted 10 . Yet we have already blown our chance of winning a trebble . And that still feels raw for me, at this moment .

I couldn't answer cause thread was closed...

I wouldn't say we were sh*t, but Rangers made a right royal hash up of this and I would put it down to wrong starting 11, nerves possibly- although I'm not entirely buying that one considering how well we have played this season and I would say that the ref should have stayed as forth official because he made a good few wrong decisions etc...but my former of the 3 is the main issue which hopefully SG will realise quickly and get it right from now on. 

The weather probably played a bit part too. But...enough excuses and move on. 

I was drowning in high peeve on the night. I'm over it.... for now 😊

On 17/12/2020 at 02:01, Rlm said:

Back four in particular seemed slow and lackadaisical, I did get the impression some of the team thought it was a formality.

Archived