Winning Mentality

sco22y

We looked past St Mirren, we thought we just needed to turn up to win, on an individual game basis we have won games where the expectations, pressure and quality of opposition far outweigh the other nights cup quarter final.

We tripped over the ball, I’m confident we will get it back under control, If we shite the bed on Saturday I’m going to deactivate my account 😂

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have a winning mentality ? With only 1 defeat in 27 games we certainly do.

The underlying fear of some is that this marks the start of a slump. After we have beaten Motherwell tomorrow then hopefully we can put the anomaly of the St Mirren result into the 'strange but true' category where it rightly belongs and get back to winning football matches.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Do we have a winning mentality ? With only 1 defeat in 27 games we certainly do.

The underlying fear of some is that this marks the start of a slump. After we have beaten Motherwell tomorrow then hopefully we can put the anomaly of the St Mirren result into the 'strange but true' category where it rightly belongs and get back to winning football matches.

It was hard going watching that game and how it was spiralling especially having 8 shots on target to their 4....Really thought we had it after the Davis goal(hero). Biggest gut wrench watching the mess up minutes later.

But yeah, I still believe we have this 👍 

12 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

We looked past St Mirren, we thought we just needed to turn up to win, on an individual game basis we have won games where the expectations, pressure and quality of opposition far outweigh the other nights cup quarter final.

We tripped over the ball, I’m confident we will get it back under control, If we shite the bed on Saturday I’m going to deactivate my account 😂

Definitely complacency involved. 

I suppose the downside of not having a lot of money to spend is that you tend to either get players who are on their way up and haven't yet won anything or you get ones who are talented but haven't managed to convert that talent into silverware ... either way you have a team who needs to become acquainted with winning which as we are seeing can take time

On 17/12/2020 at 01:46, Rlm said:

Its football!!, it never surprises me it was going to happen soona or later, yes tonight is a sore one,but weve battered nearly everyone in scotland bar tonight. that horse has shit, forget it we move on regroup and tighten that screw on celtic to go 16 ahead on saturday. 

Its not losing a game that is the concern for most bears. I reckon It is:

- losing to a smaller but physical team in a game where we were easily favourite to win 1st silverware since our problems started. I have no doubt if that had been a euro team or the tims we played we would have done better. Instead it was st mirren at a shithole ground that happens to be the bread and butter business we need to succeed at.

-i have no doubt we are a technically gifted,skillful team. I do still have concerns that the players do not all want to be on the domestic stage in Scotland. That team should easily have been able to out do st mirren even with the changes made. 

- still have concerns our 433 is again about to be sussed by the opposition dross and we have no other approach than "do plan a better". This could be the one that sinks us yet again.

The next few games will tell. Unfortunately the last bullet will be a worry that is with me until we are over the line.

Teams don't go 26 unbeaten if they don't have a winning mentality.

We need that first trophy.

But I hope the players aren't as weak as the fans.

I'll be honest other night was honking but the reaction has been wild :lol:

I hate social media and forums at times like this.

We laughed at the taigs for.how bad they've been but some of the stuff I've read has been wild 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We laughed at the taigs for.how bad they've been but some of the stuff I've read has been wild 

Pump Motherwell 5-0 tmorro and we wonder what all the fuss is about 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Spot on.  We should have one thread for all the surrender merchants to spout their shite amongst themselves.  Constructive criticism is one thing but far too much utter crap on here in recent days.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

There's no overall objectivity to it all. Its feast or famine for some.

For some, even if we win tomorrow we're still serial losers until the league is won. That's fucking mental as an outlook given our win ratio this season. Some seem to prefer to have won on Wednesday but get beat tomorrow. Can't get my head round that logic.

Its murder getting put out of the cup, especially given we were odds on to win it. But to ignore the rest of this season's results and instead say we're just the same as last season for me is just fucking mental.

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We won't it will then be a thread on the next team that might beat us and give the taigs 10 Lisbon lions 

The first defeat of the season was always going to bring this reaction I think mate, part of me is glad it has happened because It’s out the way and there’s not that pressure of being undefeated. Now hopefully can go back on a winning run and possibly another 27 unbeaten 

The scaremongering that happened on here after a 2-2 draw with Hibs was OTT. We then went on an amazing run both domestically and in Europe after that.

This time around the negativity hasn't been quite as bad. I'm expecting these players to roll the sleeves up and go on a great holiday run starting tomorrow.

Just now, bluenoz said:

The scaremongering that happened on here after a 2-2 draw with Hibs was OTT. We then went on an amazing run both domestically and in Europe after that.

This time around the negativity hasn't been quite as bad. I'm expecting these players to roll the sleeves up and go on a great holiday run starting tomorrow.

Cunts can’t keep saying things feel different this year, then after one bad result complete flip and say we’re going to bottle it. 
We’re all disappointed we lost that game and we shouldn’t have, but let’s see how the players react. A good win tomorrow will be a great start.

if we start struggling the next few games then I’d start worrying 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's no overall objectivity to it all. Its feast or famine for some.

For some, even if we win tomorrow we're still serial losers until the league is won. That's fucking mental as an outlook given our win ratio this season. Some seem to prefer to have won on Wednesday but get beat tomorrow. Can't get my head round that logic.

Its murder getting put out of the cup, especially given we were odds on to win it. But to ignore the rest of this season's results and instead say we're just the same as last season for me is just fucking mental.

I argued about beating the taigs vs drawing with hibs (who scored a goal which shouldn't have counted to draw) but apparently hibs was the must win and proves we can't cope :lol:

I know what breeds serial winners and that's trophies.

But losing the other night doesn't give the taigs the huge swing they need in the most important league season since 97/98

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Its like you need to remind people we will.lose or draw games we should win

That happens the whole world over though 

44 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What trophy was up for grabs on Wednesday? 

A chance to progress to Hampden in the semi finals of a cup we haven't won for 10 years. 

Best chance to win something for the first time in 10 years. 

Failing to win a trophy in 7 attempts is pathetic. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

A chance to progress to Hampden in the semi finals of a cup we haven't won for 10 years. 

It’s pathetic mate but I think we just need to move on and hope we’re still as consistent with our league form. If we drop off now then aye we can look back and say not winning that cup probably fucked us mentally 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

It’s pathetic mate but I think we just need to move on and hope we’re still as consistent with our league form. If we drop off now then aye we can look back and say not winning that cup probably fucked us mentally 

If we'd have won the final last season I think we would have kicked on, people have been saying for too long now we need that first trophy in the cabinet then it gives the management and the players the real belief they can deliver. 

But naw we rip the arse out of it again and it's back to the usual oh it doesn't really matter pish. 

Does my fucking box in man. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we'd have won the final last season I think we would have kicked on, people have been saying for too long now we need that first trophy in the cabinet then it gives the management and the players the real belief they can deliver. 

But naw we rip the arse out of it again and it's back to the usual oh it doesn't really matter pish. 

Does my fucking box in man. 

Aye it’s daft saying it doesn’t matter, as many have said every trophy matters. Let’s see how we go the next few games mate, this forum will be an absolute rollercoaster through it but fuck it 😂

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So no trophies won. Correct?

It was a step on the way to win a trophy. As is tomorrow. Yet you'd rather have won on Wednesday but lost tomorrow. Mental.

Even if we had won but then lost tomorrow, I'd doubt your reaction would have differed. Bottlers / serial losers claims were always coming regardless of the comp, was just a case of waiting for the 1st defeat.

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Aye it’s daft saying it doesn’t matter, as many have said every trophy matters. Let’s see how we go the next few games mate, this forum will be an absolute rollercoaster through it but fuck it 😂

Who has said it really doesn't matter?

Any, single poster?

Archived