Winning Mentality

sco22y

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we'd have won the final last season I think we would have kicked on, people have been saying for too long now we need that first trophy in the cabinet then it gives the management and the players the real belief they can deliver. 

But naw we rip the arse out of it again and it's back to the usual oh it doesn't really matter pish. 

Does my fucking box in man. 

Who had said it doesn't matter?

One single poster?

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Without trawling back through threads I’d say at least one person has said that this trophy doesn’t matter 

Sorry didn't mean to quote you.

I've personally not seen a single poster saying it doesn't matter ie its irrelevant. Nonsense if so. But its hardly the 'oh usual it doesn't matter' like it's a common view as is being suggested.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So no trophies won. Correct?

It was a step on the way to win a trophy. As is tomorrow. Yet you'd rather have won on Wednesday but lost tomorrow. Mental.

Even if we had won but then lost tomorrow, I'd doubt your reaction would have differed. Bottlers / serial losers claims were always coming regardless of the comp, was just a case of waiting for the 1st defeat.

Selik got knocked out by Ross County ffs. 

Embarrassing excuses. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Selik got knocked out by Ross County ffs. 

Embarrassing excuses. 

Correct. Big teams got beat. But what excuses? What is that countering. I've said we were odds on to win and its murder getting put out.

Is there any UK team who wouldn't take our win ratio this season?

Was Wednesday a trophy won, or a step towards it the same as tomorrow is in the league?

Would you have still reacted tomorrow how you did on Wednesday if we'd won Wednesday but got beat tomorrow?

No excuses from me at all. But big picture is we're doing exceptionally well overall this season to date. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The defeat didnt matter imo

It did.

But to throw shite about winning mentality a side 26 unbeaten is wild.

Ffs I.read on here during the st mirren game that the signs were there in the Dundee utd game :lol:

had they walked off 7 1 down no.cunt could.complain.

There's a middle ground and social media and forums don't find it.

ffs cunts had conceded the league in some posts (more twitter than forums)

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Correct. Big teams got beat. But what excuses? What is that countering. I've said we were odds on to win and its murder getting put out.

Is there any UK team who wouldn't take our win ratio this season?

Was Wednesday a trophy won, or a step towards if the same as tomorrow is in the league?

Would you have still reacted tomorrow how you did on Wednesday if we'd won Wednesday but got beat tomorrow?

No excuses from me at all. But big picture is we're doing exceptionally well overall this season to date. 

Exceptionally well yet still absolutely fucked it in another domestic cup competition. 

Unbeaten in Europe, right backs topping goalscoring charts means the grand sum of fuck all until this team start delivering when it matters most. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Exceptionally well yet still absolutely fucked it in another domestic cup competition. 

Unbeaten in Europe, right backs topping goalscoring charts means the grand sum of fuck all until this team start delivering when it matters most. 

Mate I get everything you're concerned about.

But the league this season is the be all and end all.

We need a catastrophe (copyright ©️tam sheridan)

They need to beat us twice minimum win all their games and hope we lose elsewhere. 

I still believe we are a different animal and I think Wednesday bar a dead rubber is the last time bassey starts over borna bar injuries 

Yes, we fucked another domestic cup. But you'd rather we went through in that- that cup gets parked til semi end of Jan, final in Feb - to lose in the league. To lose in the big competition as we head into the key phase. What logic is that if it affects our league campaign?

Why the fuck are you talking about fullbacks scoring charts?

- unbeaten, dominant, strong lead in league.

- best campaign ever in euro groups. Also unbeaten.

Yet you're focused on Tav goals ffs as you refuse to acknowledge how strong our season has been. And I say that accepting Wednesday was a fuck up, I still reckon any UK team would take league / euro dominance despite a cup exit.

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They need to beat us twice minimum win all their games and hope we lose elsewhere. 

I still believe we are a different animal and I think Wednesday bar a dead rubber is the last time bassey starts over borna bar injuries 

I'd agree with that if we had just a quarter of the season left, but we're not even halfway. Things can change over time, a big lead can be eroded. I've still seen enough to make me think we'll win the league though.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Said it before the season started, I would sacrifice both cups, getting out of the EL groups for a league championship.

Still pissed off regarding Wednesday and will be if we lose in the Scottish cup. But a treble can wait until next season as long as we get 55 this season.

Mate Wednesday hurt big time

I avoided here cause a was fuming.

Now its cleared I know.what I.want and its none of the other 3.

Btw us being knocked out means we play again when we shouldn't have been due to the semis :lol:

The preference of rather dropping points in the league than win that cup is spasticated beyond belief.

So lets stay unbeaten but drop points for weds game, then the semi and the final. 3 points from a possible 9 and giving the beggars the chance to claw back 6 points and be breathing down our necks........

Get that idea so far to fuck and give yourself a slap if you preferred it.

47 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol: 

If we'd have won the final last season I think we would have kicked on, people have been saying for too long now we need that first trophy in the cabinet then it gives the management and the players the real belief they can deliver. 

But naw we rip the arse out of it again and it's back to the usual oh it doesn't really matter pish. 

Does my fucking box in man. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who had said it doesn't matter?

One single poster?

Do we know yet who thinks Wednesday doesn't really matter?

6 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Its not losing a game that is the concern for most bears. I reckon It is:

- losing to a smaller but physical team in a game where we were easily favourite to win 1st silverware since our problems started. I have no doubt if that had been a euro team or the tims we played we would have done better. Instead it was st mirren at a shithole ground that happens to be the bread and butter business we need to succeed at.

-i have no doubt we are a technically gifted,skillful team. I do still have concerns that the players do not all want to be on the domestic stage in Scotland. That team should easily have been able to out do st mirren even with the changes made. 

- still have concerns our 433 is again about to be sussed by the opposition dross and we have no other approach than "do plan a better". This could be the one that sinks us yet again.

The next few games will tell. Unfortunately the last bullet will be a worry that is with me until we are over the line.

Good post mate, I think just briefly we were all pissed right off with Wednesday...am glad we playing tomoro for a change, hopefully go out there gunning for a win. 

The level of consistency required to win the league now is higher than its probably ever been given the gulf in finance/class between Us / them and the rest of the league. Still don't think celtic have resolved any issues, so will drop more points. If we go into the next old firm at least 5 points ahead, i think thats a big step to winning the league. Our midfield is still our weakness in terms of creativity and goals, Arfield has stepped up but can he keep it going? Think we will continue scoring goals, but want Roofe to really cement his place by bagging the goals to win the title - looks like he's got the ability. Did to get Morelos amongst the goals aswell to retain some of his value.

Archived