If any positive can be taken

hammer93

Just looking at the fixtures for when the semi-finals are to be played weekend 23/24th of January....we are scheduled to play Ross County at Ibrox which will obviously now take place....the beggars are scheduled to play St Mirren so that game will now have to be rearranged :lol: no doubt they will rearrange the sheep game.....in saying that they may not want another game in Glasgow on the Sunday....again it could possibly still have them 3/4 games behind heading into February 

Back to winning ways on Saturday to keep the pressure on

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's strange 2 weeks ago you had the league in the bag :lol:

I didn't anything but I've been telling every one that'll listen about how January has me shifting myself. 

Even more now we have this lead mate. 

Win the next 5 games and no Rangers team should be caught with a 10 point advantage minimum. 

That's the truth mate we all know it

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I didn't anything but I've been telling every one that'll listen about how January has me shifting myself. 

Even more now we have this lead mate. 

Win the next 5 games and no Rangers team should be caught with a 10 point advantage minimum. 

That's the truth mate we all know it

I agree....the subsequent point that I'm making that if they are still those 3 maybe 4 games behind it makes it look a lot worse sitting at 22pts

The only positive is that we are not as good as we thought we were and the undefeated tag is gone. We need to graft like fug and get the win against Mwell. All other teams will have watched that last night and think that they can beat us with low block and breakaway tactics.

9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

There is zero positives about tonight 

They are positives to be taken.

These players have been flying and we are unbeaten and the other side of the city are chasing after buses and smashing polis with barriers due to poor form and everything in our end is nice and rosey. A defeat like last night is maybe what these players needed to remind them of the disastrous 2 seasons and what is at stake especially this season. I can only hope we take positives and that adds a fuel in the players belly's to go out and take the frustration of last night out on Motherwell and St Johnstone.

No matter how close we are to winning something it can be taken away with a click of the fingers.

Our one defeat of the season came in the League Cup.  That’s a massive bonus.  The only thing that matters is the league and we’re still doing brilliantly and are 13 points in front.

At the start of this season there was people on here wanted Rangers knocked out of Europe so they could focus on the league.  Nothing else mattered but the league (and I agree). Yet, we get put out the league cup last night which is the biggest Mickey Mouse competition going and there’s utter hysteria. 

As long as we go on to win the league no one will care about the League Cup.  The priority is the league, nothing’s changed.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aberdeen play Motherwell that weekend so they can't play that tie. Whilst St Mirren is the other game they still need to reschedule, already got Livi in for the midweek prior to that weekend. Another weekend without a game for them.

Aye a noticed the play Livingston away on the 20th of January.....so they will still be outstanding 2 games against St Mirren and 1 against the sheep minimum come February....aslong as we get back to winning ways on Saturday the games in hand have surely got to work against them 

There's almost always some positive that can be extracted from a bad situation, but since the negatives so heavily out-weigh the positives it's certainly nothing I'd expect anyone to be going searching for, especially when it's so raw.

This could have been us on the road to lifting our first piece of silverware for a long time, instead we fucked it against relegation battlers St Mirren. Players may well have to recover much faster than fans and therefore look for positives because they need to perform in the next game. But as a fan, I say fuck the positives.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

While I like you trying to be positive @hammer93 I am still feeling like that was a real kick in the balls last night and to be honest until we play the next two games and see how they go I will find positives hard to find. Full marks for trying.  

It wasn't meant as a sugar coating over a bad performance m8....simply pointing out that if we had won then the said weekend would have seen a 2 game swing.....they would also have played Livingston 3 days earlier leaving them only 1 game behind us....heaven forbid if they beat us and the points difference is say back down to 7....all things considered I hope to keep winning (including them) with the 3 extra games played and points on the board then psychologically it will be massive for us with the split looming large 

46 minutes ago, Swally said:

There's almost always some positive that can be extracted from a bad situation, but since the negatives so heavily out-weigh the positives it's certainly nothing I'd expect anyone to be going searching for, especially when it's so raw.

This could have been us on the road to lifting our first piece of silverware for a long time, instead we fucked it against relegation battlers St Mirren. Players may well have to recover much faster than fans and therefore look for positives because they need to perform in the next game. But as a fan, I say fuck the positives.

Fuck sake m8 last week we topped our Europa league group and everyone in here were waxing lyrical about how good we were, last nights result should come as a wake up call and reminder to not just the players and management but us also, the supporters have been guilty of getting too carried away at this early stage of the season.....especially as this is one of the most important periods of any season, the winter/festive period has always been the toughest part of any season with so many games to be played in a short period of time, it's crucial we stay strong and get back to winning ways.....if every cunt goes down the negative vibe route and players start feeling the negativity then it could or will easily unravel right in front of us....you only need to look across the city to see the effect our defeat on them had....we lost we move on a get back to winning ways on Saturday,  that for me is the only focus 

Ps sorry for seeming a bit on the positive side:thumbup:

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It wasn't meant as a sugar coating over a bad performance m8....simply pointing out that if we had won then the said weekend would have seen a 2 game swing.....they would also have played Livingston 3 days earlier leaving them only 1 game behind us....heaven forbid if they beat us and the points difference is say back down to 7....all things considered I hope to keep winning (including them) with the 3 extra games played and points on the board then psychologically it will be massive for us with the split looming large 

Yes I got your point and if we get back on the rails then it could be helpful :thumbup: but still today is too soon for it to make any difference to how I am feeling.

Our performances in domestic cup games is abysmal, but IF we can win the league then I will not be concerned about that to be honest.  

Archived