Back to Reality

.Williamson.

Last night brought everyone back down to earth after we were all guilty of getting a bit too far ahead of ourselves.

We can not allow ourselves to collapse in the league as a result.

End of the day that game was horrific but the other lot are still in as bad a period in their history as I can remember in a long time, and they still have that awful management team. One meaningless win in Europe and a win at home to Killie does not change that. They are testing out what their best starting 11 is mid season fuck sake. 

They think this is a turning point. We need to slap them back down with a convincing win at the weekend and make the gap on the board 16 points.

Make this our worst result of the season and win the fucking league, Rangers.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fear is its been 2 performance in a row. I don't think we'll need to wait long before we see if this team has the balls. 

Motherwell St. Johnstone then Hibs. Huge week before the crunch the following week. 

We're in a fantastic position tho

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

My fear is its been 2 performance in a row. I don't think we'll need to wait long before we see if this team has the balls. 

Motherwell St. Johnstone then Hibs. Huge week before the crunch the following week. 

Sunday wasn't a great performance but it wasn't poor either, the first half should have been better but in truth if we had scored 4 on Sunday it wouldn't have flattered us....tonight was a strange one...Goldson opened the scoring and for most we would all have thought that's that....we need a strong powerful performance on Saturday....if I see that I will still be content we are still heading in the right direction towards winning the league.....those cunts across the city have a mixture of things to why they are struggling, the biggest one is how strong a start we have made....we can't show any weakness or they will undoubtedly get a lift 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don’t think the weekends game against Dundee United was as bad as made out tbh.

Their goal aside I don’t remember them having many opportunities and on a different day it’s a very different score line if we took all of ours. Wasn’t as strong a performance as we have become accustomed to this season though.

We need to quickly dust ourselves off and realise we haven’t taken a hit in the league itself here. This cannot be allowed to be how they turn the tables 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think the weekends game against Dundee United was as bad as made out tbh.

Their goal aside I don’t remember them having many opportunities and on a different day it’s a very different score line if we took all of ours. Wasn’t as strong a performance as we have become accustomed to this season though.

We need to quickly dust ourselves off and realise we haven’t taken a hit in the league itself here. This cannot be allowed to be how they turn the tables 

Agreed 

If that selection, performance and result doesn't snap the management and players out of any complacency or going through the motions, we'll know soon enough.

They've been amazing this season, one collective brain fart that doesn't harm the league chances might be a good deal in the long run.

Saturday is a big test.

3 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

I don't quite acept that Motherwell at home should be billed as a big test, it should be a gimme. We will bounce right back and it's a great opportunity to do so.

That you crawled out from under your rock after those weeks of abject misery for your team aye pal? :lol:

St Mirren get a result against us and Lenny is delivering the 10 again. Fucking clown :lol:

After sleeping on it, last night might just be a blessing in disguise. The team took their foot of the gas and were punished for it, hopefully it’s a kick up the ass for the squad who were maybe getting complacent.

Dont get me wrong I’m still furious we’ve blown a chance of silverware, but I’d rather it happened in a cup rather than the league which is the absolute priority.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

So gutted I could not sleep. It's just one game which we would have won if we had played our strongest team.

Its a difficult balance because when then do some of the fringe ones gets the experience/minutes they need in case something happens to our normal starters? It worked on Poland against a very poor team, we were stronger than that last night and got found out. 

Zungu wasn't the worst midfielder but he can't yet be the only holding midfielder. Bassey cost goals having been targeted as the inexperienced weak link he is. Too many others classed within strongest 11 also failed us ie Kent, Roofe, Arfield.

Saturday we absolutely need to go strong as win at all costs.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its a difficult balance because when then do some of the fringe ones gets the experience/minutes they need in case something happens to our normal starters? It worked on Poland against a very poor team, we were stronger than that last night and got found out. 

Zungu wasn't the worst midfielder but he can't yet be the only holding midfielder. Bassey cost goals having been targeted as the inexperienced weak link he is. Too many others classed within strongest 11 also failed us ie Kent, Roofe, Arfield.

Zungu had to be played with Kamara, Aribo has been off it for a while since coming back from injury and I was surprised he started, Bassey struggled all night and the change should have happened quicker.

Decent post OP.

Given the claims league was won, we're going to be x points ahead by x game, fuck one game at atime etc too many were too confident and by contrast are now too negative. Unfortunately the implosion was always coming regardless of when defeat came, as it had to at some point, because some of Rangers Media only work on one extreme to another.

I'm still more about what we do than them, and if we can react to this then our form in going 27 unbeaten will count despite some wanting it ignored because we've apparently bottled 7/7 trophies (some of which no one actually expected to win).

The league is still very much in our hands and we simply need to keep winning and puting pressure on the scum in the trophy that really matters most.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Zungu had to be played with Kamara, Aribo has been off it for a while since coming back from injury and I was surprised he started, Bassey struggled all night and the change should have happened quicker.

The Bassey one is the biggest mistake plus eye opener.

A halftime substitution still gives 3 more opportunities to bring on 4 subs, that's when Borna should have been on.  Gerrard fully to blame. Bassey should only build up minutes in 2nd halves of games if they're in the bag otherwise he's a weak link defensively.

Next 5 league matches will show us what the players are made of and whether or not they can pick themselves and show us that they really do want this league title. 

My only concern is that I'm not sure they are capable of that. Gerrards first 2 seasons in charge show that. As soon as the players suffer any setback they usually go into hiding.

I pointed out in the match thread at half time the balance of the team wasn't right, Bassey was being targeted, and called for Kamara to be brought on probably for Aribo, who was having a quiet game.

To my surprise no subs were made, the inevitable happens, then the wrong subs are made imo.

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We were through in Poland, Paisley on a Wednesday night in the pishing rain against a team that will battle like fuck in the quarter final of our best chance yet to win the cup is no place to rotate 

Motherwell aside, I don't see a good run of results after last night. 

Simply don't trust Gerrard or the team to overcome this. 

Every time they feel a bit of pressure they absolutely bottle it and the happy clappers telling us this season is different are in for another shock. 

Archived