Back to Reality

.Williamson.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

We were almost certain to lose a match at some point. How we react to this is far more important than actually losing the match. The run up to, and including, the 2nd January now looks a lot more difficult. This is where the players will truly define themselves.

Exactly this.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all need to remember that this is probably only the second game out of nearly 30 that we haven’t played well in and out only loss of the season. 

Some players could be doing more, but you’ll get peaks and troughs from players throughout the season. 

It was a disaster of a result, but the big test is how we now deal with the upcoming 6 or 7 difficult games. Need to show we aren’t going to choke. 

Massive massive League games coming up , and a hellish run of fixtures from here till end of January , win or win most of them will ramp up the pressure on the Bheasts , lets remember , they are gash , and only 1 bad result from another pish stained bedsheet protest .

58 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

The motherwell game should be a good barometer of whether the players are as mentally fragile as some on here believe.

I seriously think it could be a perfectly timed boot up the arse to kick on in the league.

Re your last sentence, it’s got to be, mate. If this team blow the league from where they are now, it’s totally unforgivable.

Motherwell is a must-win which could propel us on. Anything less though, and their mentality has clearly crumbled. And if that happens after one cup defeat, shame on them.

We were always going to have setbacks this season. Last night was as brutal as it gets. Another cup lost and we showed the issues that has cost us last 2 seasons

As other's said it's how we respond now starting Saturday. We need to come out and put Motherwell away. Take it one game at a time and hopefully show last night was just one bad game. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Motherwell aside, I don't see a good run of results after last night. 

Simply don't trust Gerrard or the team to overcome this. 

Every time they feel a bit of pressure they absolutely bottle it and the happy clappers telling us this season is different are in for another shock. 

Your application of "a bit of pressure" seems to be entirely selective and only apply when Rangers lose a game, there have been numerous pressure situations already this season when no form of bottling it has taken place... 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Its genuinely like you've been sitting waiting for the moment to bring out the negativity and compare to last year. Probably waiting so long for the opportunity with such an unbeaten run makes the release even more explosive for you.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Your application of "a bit of pressure" seems to be entirely selective and only apply when Rangers lose a game, there have been numerous pressure situations already this season when no form of bottling it has taken place... 

How many times has a team took the lead against us this season? 

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think we all need to remember that this is probably only the second game out of nearly 30 that we haven’t played well in and out only loss of the season. 

Some players could be doing more, but you’ll get peaks and troughs from players throughout the season. 

It was a disaster of a result, but the big test is how we now deal with the upcoming 6 or 7 difficult games. Need to show we aren’t going to choke. 

I'm going to predict that we will drop points between now and the end of January, and the thing is we CAN afford to unless they go on an amazing unbeaten run and beat us at Ibrox. 

Next four games and the OF are key, and hopefully this is the wake up call and rocket that SG and this team needed. I just hope the players don't go into their shells and have learned something from last years collapse.

We'll learn a lot about this team in the next month.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Motherwell aside, I don't see a good run of results after last night. 

Simply don't trust Gerrard or the team to overcome this. 

Every time they feel a bit of pressure they absolutely bottle it and the happy clappers telling us this season is different are in for another shock. 

Have you not just described yourself there?

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Why has we generally don't go behind in games this season suddenly turned into a negative 

I know, bar last night and Hibs away we’ve barely conceded a goal domestically all season :lol: 

I’d much rather be in our position of going in front first almost all of the time than say celtic who go behind first a lot of the time and have to desperately rescue it.

38 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

We need to get over it as fans. Kind of glad there’s no crowds on Saturday cos I think the pressure would be cranked up a notch

I don’t get this tbh.

I posted on another thread last night that if you are worried about players being able to play in front of fans then surely they shouldn’t be at Rangers in the first place?

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t get this tbh.

I posted on another thread last night that if you are worried about players being able to play in front of fans then surely they shouldn’t be at Rangers in the first place?

Aye it is total humpty..

If all this fucked off tomorrow there is no danger Ibrox is 1/4 full the next home game because people are sat in the house thinking we need to be playing in an empty stadium to win the league. 

Archived