Back to Reality

.Williamson.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

If you take last night at face value then it's a blip. You're going to lose eventually and it is better to lose a betfred cup game than in the league.

However, last night is symptomatic of a deeper problem with their mindset and inability to cope under the weight of expectation. 

It's one thing playing great in europe when there is no real expectation . However to win a league you need to go out and win when the weight of expectation is upon you. When the weight of expectation is on this shower, then they bottle it.

The style of football has been much better this season. We've been able to break down teams and create space and chances, where last season we might have struggled. But last night we couldnt. As the season goes on, fatigue will set in due to the hvolume of games that are getting played and the tempo required with our style.

At the end of the day if celtic win their 2 games in hand, then Rangers are 5 points clear. That is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We have had everything in our favour and that's all we are in front.

Theyve went through their worst run in a decade, we have went through our best, but in reality we are a loss and a draw away from being equal on points. If they get ahead there is no way they will get caught.

The level of confidence/arrogance that too many Rangers fans have is ridiculous when you consider this team have blown every opportunity theyve had to get a trophy over the last few years.

I said on here a few weeks ago that the best predictor of future behaviour is the past. I got called all the "tarriers" under the sun. However, it is the truth, and too many people are delusional, drunk on the excitement of competing for the title.  In the past this team have shown themselves to be nothing other than shitebag bottlers.

If theyd managed to get a trophy under their belt with this cup then it might have bred a winning mindset. But they couldnt even beat St Mirren after a one goal advantage and a fielding a stronger side than most would have thought was needed.

When this side play well they look great. But to win a league you need mental strength, resilience to over come set backs, total confidence and professionalism. This mob dont have that.

I hope in May someone reposts this and slaughters me and I've written them off too easily, but I dont think anyone will. This team will win fuck all.

7 points not 5

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Expect us to take care of Motherwell by a few goals. Its St Johnstone away midweek that gives me the fear. 

As previous members of this forum have stated its all about our reaction to last nights defeat.

If we beat Motherwell and go 16 pts clear i will be over the moon and the pain of last night would have eased slightly. 

19 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

If you take last night at face value then it's a blip. You're going to lose eventually and it is better to lose a betfred cup game than in the league.

However, last night is symptomatic of a deeper problem with their mindset and inability to cope under the weight of expectation. 

It's one thing playing great in europe when there is no real expectation . However to win a league you need to go out and win when the weight of expectation is upon you. When the weight of expectation is on this shower, then they bottle it.

The style of football has been much better this season. We've been able to break down teams and create space and chances, where last season we might have struggled. But last night we couldnt. As the season goes on, fatigue will set in due to the hvolume of games that are getting played and the tempo required with our style.

At the end of the day if celtic win their 2 games in hand, then Rangers are 5 points clear. That is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We have had everything in our favour and that's all we are in front.

Theyve went through their worst run in a decade, we have went through our best, but in reality we are a loss and a draw away from being equal on points. If they get ahead there is no way they will get caught.

The level of confidence/arrogance that too many Rangers fans have is ridiculous when you consider this team have blown every opportunity theyve had to get a trophy over the last few years.

I said on here a few weeks ago that the best predictor of future behaviour is the past. I got called all the "tarriers" under the sun. However, it is the truth, and too many people are delusional, drunk on the excitement of competing for the title.  In the past this team have shown themselves to be nothing other than shitebag bottlers.

If theyd managed to get a trophy under their belt with this cup then it might have bred a winning mindset. But they couldnt even beat St Mirren after a one goal advantage and a fielding a stronger side than most would have thought was needed.

When this side play well they look great. But to win a league you need mental strength, resilience to over come set backs, total confidence and professionalism. This mob dont have that.

I hope in May someone reposts this and slaughters me and I've written them off too easily, but I dont think anyone will. This team will win fuck all.

If they win their games it’ll be us 7 points clear, that’s a decent gap, they are more than capable of bottling the cup final and losing to us in the new year.

2 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

As previous members of this forum have stated its all about our reaction to last nights defeat.

If we beat Motherwell and go 16 pts clear i will be over the moon and the pain of last night would have eased slightly. 

I know mate, i agree but St Johnstone away midweek still gives me the fear. 

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

I know mate, i agree but St Johnstone away midweek still gives me the fear. 

Hopefully last night some good came out of it and brought the players back down a peg or two of how easily things can go wrong.

Motherwell and St Johnstone will be licking there lips at the prospect of taking points of us but hopefully that defeat fuels a fire and rage into our players that this league needs everything they have.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

What I’m trying to remind myself this morning is that not only do the tarriers need a miracle collapse in our form but they need a miracle revival in theirs which goes far beyond January. 

That’s exactly the worrying thing. We know we have it in us just like the past 2 seasons. One wrong result in the cup and it’s derailed our season twice

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That’s exactly the worrying thing. We know we have it in us just like the past 2 seasons. One wrong result in the cup and it’s derailed our season twice

I agree wholeheartedly mate but it would be Christ walking on water stuff if they were to suddenly embark on an unbeaten run of 27 games midway through a disastrous season when they’re leaking goals left, right and centre

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s far from brilliant, it’s a fucking nightmare mate :lol: horrible feeling at times

:lol:true but it makes the wins even sweeter , and also knowing the demoralising position the tarriers are in just now too where even wins can't really be enjoyed as they are just clinging on to our coat tails 

Just now, Essandoh said:

There was definitely pressure going into the Old Firm game to be fair

Be even more pressure in the next one, that's IF we get through St J and St Mirren away undamaged, as well as Motherwell and Hibs at home. 

Suddenly our run up to the scum game is looking harder and harder. 

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

What I’m trying to remind myself this morning is that not only do the tarriers need a miracle collapse in our form but they need a miracle revival in theirs which goes far beyond January. 

This!

They are 2 in 7 domestically and we are in 10 in 11.

They need that to literally switch about and as bad as we were last night I can't see both of them happening.

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Think you’re clutching by saying the league cup semi against the sheep derailed our season in 2018 as it was in October and we went into the new year in a decent position in the league.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Be even more pressure in the next one, that's IF we get through St J and St Mirren away undamaged, as well as Motherwell and Hibs at home. 

Agree wholeheartedly 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Every old firm game feels like the biggest one ever as long as both clubs can still win the title.

They won’t pick up maximum points between now and then. Everyone seems to now be forgetting that their form currently is rotten

Wish it was Saturday already, a good response and 16pt gap will go a long way to calming the nerves. This won't be the last bump in the road, and our January fixtures are anything but easy. Win the next 5 league games, in any fashion possible, and it will give us enough room should the inevitable drop of points happen.  

4 hours ago, Billyblueblood said:

I don't quite acept that Motherwell at home should be billed as a big test, it should be a gimme. We will bounce right back and it's a great opportunity to do so.

It normally would n't if we were winning, but once you lose the pressure and doubt creep in, hence the reason celic went through, and hopefully still are going through, their current bad run. 

It's crucial we regain the fight and confidence as quickly as possible, so Motherwell is now a big game. 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think you’re clutching by saying the league cup semi against the sheep derailed our season in 2018 as it was in October and we went into the new year in a decent position in the league.

Scottish cup replay was around the time of it all going pear shaped was it not? 

Archived