Back to Reality

.Williamson.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

That can’t be right.  Rangers are 13 points clear of celtic.  They have 2 games in hand.  Even if they win those 2 games they’ll still be 7 points behind.    A win and draw more would only put us 5 points ahead, and we’re further in front than that.

They've drawn 2 more times than us

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven’t even read most of this thread, did people actually have it in there heads that we would go this season unbeaten in all competitions :lol: ?

its painful were out of a cup we had a good chance of winning but fuck me the head loss is surreal 

2 minutes ago, SRAO said:

They've drawn 2 more times than us

I thought as much.  Rangers are a clear 7 points in front of celtic.  That might not sound like much to some, but it is.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you go on to win the league.  It has been turned around in the past but more often than not a 7 point gap is too much to pull back.  If Rangers win the Old Firm game in 2 weeks that will stretch to 10 points.  Then factor in celtic’s games in hand and the points gap could end up being something like 19 on the 2nd of January.  celtic won’t be pulling that back.

We could have one hand on the title in the next couple of weeks but you wouldn’t think it reading this forum today.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I thought as much.  Rangers are a clear 7 points in front of celtic.  That might not sound like much to some, but it is.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you go on to win the league.  It has been turned around in the past but more often than not a 7 point gap is too much to pull back.  If Rangers win the Old Firm game in 2 weeks that will stretch to 10 points.  Then factor in celtic’s games in hand and the points gap could end up being something like 19 on the 2nd of January.  celtic won’t be pulling that back.

We could have one hand on the title in the next couple of weeks but you wouldn’t think it reading this forum today.

I'd agree with that. I think we'll know where we stand after the old firm.

There's still plenty of room to breath to be honest, for now anyway

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

With our goal difference you're as well counting that as 8 points 

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Want to stop looking at history, it counts for fuck all, just like you claiming we’re winning the next 5 league games to go 19 clear. Give it a rest

1 minute ago, TMB said:

3 results in the next few weeks could change it all though.

We have to be absolutely ruthless between now and the end of January.

We draw just 1 of these games before the old firm and then lose the old firm? Then we're away to a team on the 10th we've notoriously struggled with under Gerrard. All our good work could evaporate if we're not careful. 

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

With our goal difference you're as well counting that as 8 points 

Aye that tae, even during the 'meltdowns' we never really conceded or lost by anymore than 1 goal

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Want to stop looking at history, it counts for fuck all, just like you claiming we’re winning the next 5 league games to go 19 clear. Give it a rest

We can't say history counts for fuck all, then go and say last night will derail our season because of what happened last 2 years. 

Right now it's one game at a time for sure. We've had the first loss bad it as it was. Team need to own it, dust off and get back to winning Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

That can’t be right.  Rangers are 13 points clear of celtic.  They have 2 games in hand.  Even if they win those 2 games they’ll still be 7 points behind.    A win and draw more would only put us 5 points ahead, and we’re further in front than that.

Beat off us, drew with Aberdeen, Killie and St J. 

Am I missing someone? 

Now that the disappointment is starting to subside, I think losing might just be the kick up the backside they needed to get the hunger back.

When you go undefeated in the opening 27 games, it's hard not to feel invincible and become complacent.

I'm expecting this team to come back hungrier than ever from Saturday thru Jan 2.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We can't say history counts for fuck all, then go and say last night will derail our season because of what happened last 2 years. 

Right now it's one game at a time for sure. We've had the first loss bad it as it was. Team need to own it, dust off and get back to winning Saturday. 

He’s talking about titles won decades ago, we’re talking about here and now and recent events. I’d be very surprised, equally delighted if the team went on another run of unbeaten games until the end of January. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Am I missing someone? 

You must be.  Rangers are 7 points ahead of celtic.  That's because we beat them and they've drawn two more games than us, not one.  

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Am I missing someone? 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

You must be.  Rangers are 7 points ahead of celtic.  That's because we beat them and they've drawn two more games than us, not one.  

Diet tarriers took a point off them as well

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Now that the disappointment is starting to subside, I think losing might just be the kick up the backside they needed to get the hunger back.

When you go undefeated in the opening 27 games, it's hard not to feel invincible and become complacent.

I'm expecting this team to come back hungrier than ever from Saturday thru Jan 2.

I think people were getting carried away by the hype.  They seen how amazing we've been playing  since the start of the season and wanted an invincible treble winning season.  That's not going to happen and I can understand if people feel like the rug has been pulled from under them.  But the priority was always winning the league and being this far ahead in December has exceeded the expectations of most fans.  I think many need to give themselves a shake and realise we're still having an amazing season.  The league cup is gone but nobody will give a fuck when we lift the league trophy.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our setup has a bit to do with that though, i mentioned him earlier but I'll do it again, arfield has been our most dangerous midfielder this season, yet WE nullified him last night by playing him as a right sided sitting midfielder whos job is to cover tav pretty much all game

Absolutely brutal that we feel the need to have 3 sitting mids against any scottish team

100% agree with Arfield, he was the sitting player as Tav went forward last night, been more Davis/Jack this season who has done that role & it did kill Arfields game really

Even out with that though the contribution that our midfielders and strikers have made this season is far below where we need it to be, over the course of the season we'll get caught out if they dont start scoring more

Aribo

Kent

Hagi

Morelos

Itten

Only 1 I would say gets pass marks is Roofe, hes done decent enough but we really need more from the 5 above 

I reckon when we don't have Barisic and Tavernier, and either Kamara or Jack in the team, we're beatable imo. Patterson, Bassey and Zungu aren't suitable replacements yet and create a weak point in the team for the opposition to exploit. Add Helander to that and we're close to unbeatable imo.

Archived