Back to Reality

I'm still fucking fuming but I guess we were destined to lose eventually. Just a fucking riot that it happened in a cup game to the hands of a jobber club like St Mirren. Worrying signs that, yet again, we have blown our chance for a bit of silverware. Need to come out swinging after this otherwise I can see us dropping some points in the league in quick succession. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night brought everyone back down to earth after we were all guilty of getting a bit too far ahead of ourselves. We can not allow ourselves to collapse in the league as a result. End of

My fear is its been 2 performance in a row. I don't think we'll need to wait long before we see if this team has the balls.  Motherwell St. Johnstone then Hibs. Huge week before the crunch the fo

I don’t think the weekends game against Dundee United was as bad as made out tbh. Their goal aside I don’t remember them having many opportunities and on a different day it’s a very different sco

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, King Jela said:

In their rotten form they've still only lost one league game and drew one more than us.

That can’t be right.  Rangers are 13 points clear of celtic.  They have 2 games in hand.  Even if they win those 2 games they’ll still be 7 points behind.    A win and draw more would only put us 5 points ahead, and we’re further in front than that.

28 minutes ago, Swally said:

hope you're right mate

Teams fighting for titles face similar challenges every year. Last year we scraped by some early on in the season and then failed near enough all of them in the second half.

This season so far we haven't just met challenges, we've ripped the throat out of them. This is just another challenge for us to overcome with the style and composure we've shown for 30 odd games so far.

Swally likes this
2 minutes ago, TMB said:

That can’t be right.  Rangers are 13 points clear of celtic.  They have 2 games in hand.  Even if they win those 2 games they’ll still be 7 points behind.    A win and draw more would only put us 5 points ahead, and we’re further in front than that.

They've drawn 2 more times than us

2 minutes ago, SRAO said:

They've drawn 2 more times than us

I thought as much.  Rangers are a clear 7 points in front of celtic.  That might not sound like much to some, but it is.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you go on to win the league.  It has been turned around in the past but more often than not a 7 point gap is too much to pull back.  If Rangers win the Old Firm game in 2 weeks that will stretch to 10 points.  Then factor in celtic’s games in hand and the points gap could end up being something like 19 on the 2nd of January.  celtic won’t be pulling that back.

We could have one hand on the title in the next couple of weeks but you wouldn’t think it reading this forum today.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I thought as much.  Rangers are a clear 7 points in front of celtic.  That might not sound like much to some, but it is.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you go on to win the league.  It has been turned around in the past but more often than not a 7 point gap is too much to pull back.  If Rangers win the Old Firm game in 2 weeks that will stretch to 10 points.  Then factor in celtic’s games in hand and the points gap could end up being something like 19 on the 2nd of January.  celtic won’t be pulling that back.

We could have one hand on the title in the next couple of weeks but you wouldn’t think it reading this forum today.

I'd agree with that. I think we'll know where we stand after the old firm.

There's still plenty of room to breath to be honest, for now anyway

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

With our goal difference you're as well counting that as 8 points 

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Want to stop looking at history, it counts for fuck all, just like you claiming we’re winning the next 5 league games to go 19 clear. Give it a rest

1 minute ago, TMB said:

3 results in the next few weeks could change it all though.

We have to be absolutely ruthless between now and the end of January.

We draw just 1 of these games before the old firm and then lose the old firm? Then we're away to a team on the 10th we've notoriously struggled with under Gerrard. All our good work could evaporate if we're not careful. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Want to stop looking at history, it counts for fuck all, just like you claiming we’re winning the next 5 league games to go 19 clear. Give it a rest

We can't say history counts for fuck all, then go and say last night will derail our season because of what happened last 2 years. 

Right now it's one game at a time for sure. We've had the first loss bad it as it was. Team need to own it, dust off and get back to winning Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, TMB said:

Beat off us, drew with Aberdeen, Killie and St J. 

Am I missing someone? 

Now that the disappointment is starting to subside, I think losing might just be the kick up the backside they needed to get the hunger back.

When you go undefeated in the opening 27 games, it's hard not to feel invincible and become complacent.

I'm expecting this team to come back hungrier than ever from Saturday thru Jan 2.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We can't say history counts for fuck all, then go and say last night will derail our season because of what happened last 2 years. 

Right now it's one game at a time for sure. We've had the first loss bad it as it was. Team need to own it, dust off and get back to winning Saturday. 

He’s talking about titles won decades ago, we’re talking about here and now and recent events. I’d be very surprised, equally delighted if the team went on another run of unbeaten games until the end of January. 

Supersonic likes this
9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Beat off us, drew with Aberdeen, Killie and St J. 

Am I missing someone? 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

You must be.  Rangers are 7 points ahead of celtic.  That's because we beat them and they've drawn two more games than us, not one.  

Diet tarriers took a point off them as well