Wanted to see Tav and Gerrard Lift that Trophy

RockwellGers

No positive spin, we should have been able to overcome St Mirren and I'm bitterly disappointed at the chance to win a trophy going down the drain. St Mirren, Hibs or whoever, it was very important to prove ourselves here. 

I'm very angry at Rangers, really want to see a win at the weekend to keep us firmly in the premier spot in the league. Get us back to winning ways at the weekend and reinforce to us why we are capable of winning this title.

Absolutely ruined my night as much as I tried to swallow it. It's too important. A trophy down the drain. Fucking garbage.

Need to absolutely assert ourselves in the league now. Get it done Rangers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Last night has done nothing more than put more pressure on the manager. For me it's deliver the title or he's gone

That's the reality now there isn't one bear on here giving a fuck about the Scottish cup. 

Does very little to alter SGs position. If he doesn't win the title he's gone, the Scottish Cup wasn't going to change that.

They didn’t bottle anything we made too many changes,we didn’t stop running all night we made too many mistakes as well,st boo were well up for this they probably will never reach that intensity again this season,shit happens and by the way I’ve seen better Rangers teams than this one lose to lesser teams,we move on to Saturday now and beat Motherwell 1-0 will do.

The league's always been a do-or-die - I just hoped the cup would have been the springboard to adding more confidence and to get the 'duck off our back' re: trophies.

The sponsors must be devastated at the SF line up, but fair play to those left. Can't say I'll got any sort of interest in watching either match or the final though :)

This is a mere crum now . Going out may actually see what we are made of .If the league cup was won .It may have given the team confidence to go on .On the other hand ,it may have done the opposite and made us become overly confident .Now they have to refocus and there are zero excuses now .Absolutely none 

This team are absolute garbage ,when they find themselves behind in games .It has happened so often it’s frightening .Nothing like the Rangers teams I grew up watching .We almost visibly chuck it so often 

We actually did it last night and found the goal ,we don’t often find .And still managed to fuck that up 

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Last night has done nothing more than put more pressure on the manager. For me it's deliver the title or he's gone

Gerrard would be gone if he lost the league this season regardless of last nights result.  Even if we win the league he might still be off as there are a lot of other clubs interested in him after the job he’s done with Rangers.  Last night won’t have effected anything as far as Gerrard’s concerned.  It all comes down to the league and with our current points advantage I don’t see us losing it.

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

This is a mere crum now . Going out may actually see what we are made of .If the league cup was won .It may have given the team confidence to go on .On the other hand ,it may have done the opposite and made us become overly confident .Now they have to refocus and there are zero excuses now .Absolutely none 

This team are absolute garbage ,when they find themselves behind in games .It has happened so often it’s frightening .Nothing like the Rangers teams I grew up watching .We almost visibly chuck it so often 

We actually did it last night and found the goal ,we don’t often find .And still managed to fuck that up 

That’s the part that I just can’t get over. Had we lost 2-1 toiling for 40 minutes trying to get the goal and it never came then we’ve been there many times before in the last few years. We got the goal and all we had to do was see out 4 minutes without conceding against st Mirren.

Think of the UFA game and the onslaught we faced with 9 men but we couldn’t do it for 4 minutes last night.

I think the team has bottle, they showed it against Braga last year, standard a few weeks back, Benfica away after going behind. Our team isn’t the finished article, this year has seen it click better than at any other point in Gerrards tenure and now we’ve had our first lost of the season it’s time to see whether the players feel sorry for themselves or galvanise and come back stronger.

Whether it’s belief or blind faith I’m not sure but I think they will bounce back and keep the momentum in the league.

On another positive the scum will think our bubble has burst and they’ll probably stick with lennon now.

7 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

No positive spin, we should have been able to overcome St Mirren and I'm bitterly disappointed at the chance to win a trophy going down the drain. St Mirren, Hibs or whoever, it was very important to prove ourselves here. 

I'm very angry at Rangers, really want to see a win at the weekend to keep us firmly in the premier spot in the league. Get us back to winning ways at the weekend and reinforce to us why we are capable of winning this title.

Absolutely ruined my night as much as I tried to swallow it. It's too important. A trophy down the drain. Fucking garbage.

Need to absolutely assert ourselves in the league now. Get it done Rangers

If Rangers had won the League Cup but lost the league would you still have been happy with how the season panned out?  No.  You'd be on here demanding Gerrard be sacked.

All that matters is the league and we're doing amazingly well on that front.  We've also done very well in Europe which gives the club a huge boost financially.  There's your positives.  

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I've always been a 'plan for the worst, hope for the best' type of guy, why it bothers so many I have no idea :lol:

A wank and even a fenian now for bringing up past seasons :pipe:

Wank l understand, fenian is a low blow though :lol:

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That’s the part that I just can’t get over. Had we lost 2-1 toiling for 40 minutes trying to get the goal and it never came then we’ve been there many times before in the last few years. We got the goal and all we had to do was see out 4 minutes without conceding against st Mirren.

Think of the UFA game and the onslaught we faced with 9 men but we couldn’t do it for 4 minutes last night.

I think the team has bottle, they showed it against Braga last year, standard a few weeks back, Benfica away after going behind. Our team isn’t the finished article, this year has seen it click better than at any other point in Gerrards tenure and now we’ve had our first lost of the season it’s time to see whether the players feel sorry for themselves or galvanise and come back stronger.

Whether it’s belief or blind faith I’m not sure but I think they will bounce back and keep the momentum in the league.

On another positive the scum will think our bubble has burst and they’ll probably stick with lennon now.

It’s our first lost granted .But we have felt frustrated against Livvy and Hivs away .Where cheap points were dropped when I control .It will now happen again for me .

Good post mate 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s our first lost granted .But we have felt frustrated against Livvy and Hivs away .Where cheap points were dropped when I control .It will now happen again for me .

Good post mate 

Of course we will drop points again.

Winning the first one (as a group) is the hardest of all. Once they get over the hump, including the manager, I feel this current group of players can dominate the game for years.

The players didn't bottle it, the manager made incredibly strange decisions that cost us.

Not only was the Bassey decision absurd but keeping out Kamara to protect him made the left-side a weak link.

"this one is on me" is something I have heard before. An apology would have been more appropriate.

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

That's the reality now there isn't one bear on here giving a fuck about the Scottish cup. 

This season was always going to be defining for SG.  He must win the league, and I’m sure he knows it.  I’m pretty sure if he doesn’t then that will be the end.  Winning 1 or both domestic cups may give some wiggle room, but last night’s defeat is an issue and there is no denying it.

57 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Rangers had won the League Cup but lost the league would you still have been happy with how the season panned out?  No.  You'd be on here demanding Gerrard be sacked.

All that matters is the league and we're doing amazingly well on that front.  We've also done very well in Europe which gives the club a huge boost financially.  There's your positives.  

That cup mattered though, can't see how you can think otherwise. Of course the league is the main thing.

Archived