Wanted to see Tav and Gerrard Lift that Trophy

RockwellGers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

That cup mattered though, can't see how you can think otherwise. Of course the league is the main thing.

I have always viewed the League Cup as a Mickey Mouse competition.  It's all about winning the league title and becoming the Champions of Scotland again.  I understand why doing well in Europe is important as it brings in millions and millions of pounds.  If at the end of the season we win the league you wont give a fuck about last night.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I have always viewed the League Cup as a Mickey Mouse competition.  It's all about winning the league title and becoming the Champions of Scotland again.  I understand why doing well in Europe is important as it brings in millions and millions of pounds.  If at the end of the season we win the league you wont give a fuck about last night.

We are in no position to pick and choose what trophy is important or not . We haven’t won one in almost a full fucking decade. 

this isn’t a simple sacrifice the cup for the league . This team have not won a single piece of silverware yet and they really need to prove Their bottle over the next 6 months 

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We are in no position to pick and choose what trophy is important or not . We haven’t won one in almost a full fucking decade. 

this isn’t a simple sacrifice the cup for the league . This team have not won a single piece of silverware yet and they really need to prove Their bottle over the next 6 months 

The league title is all the matters.  There is no picking or choosing or sacrificing one for another.  At the start of the season winning the league was the priority, it's the priority now, it always will be the priority.  

Let say we won the League Cup but lost the league campaign.  What then?  You wouldn't give a fuck about the League Cup because it doesn't matter, Gerrard would be sacked, celtic would do the 10, etc.  The League Cup doesn't matter.  All that matters is winning the league and we're doing amazingly well on that front.

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

:lol:

Fucking hell

We've had it easy like they did after we got beat at Hearts last season. Virtually pressure-less because they were terrible. 

I know some don't like hearing that and get upset at the mere notion that we can't handle it but, well, the evidence is there. 

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

You’ve listed positives about the season overall, there are no positives about being put out of the cup by St Mirren. I am still positive about the league, but last night was not good enough and we should have done better. I think you must see that. 

Just now, TMB said:

The league title is all the matters.  There is no picking or choosing or sacrificing one for another.  At the start of the season winning the league was the priority, it's the priority now, it always will be the priority.  

Let say we won the League Cup but lost the league campaign.  What then?  You wouldn't give a fuck about the League Cup because it doesn't matter, Gerrard would've been sacked, celtic would do the 10, etc.  The League Cup doesn't matter.  All that matters is winning the league and we're doing amazingly well on that front.

If we had won the league cup and lost the league then it would have been an unsuccessful season , no one is arguing Otherwise 

The fact of the matter is we spectacularly blew our first chance of silverware in a decade . The position we were in we should have been aiming to collect both prizes and the hard reality is we have absolutely fucked one . 

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Of course it's not but I would bet my last 50p that a few of the people who are on record as saying they'd happily sacrifice the league cup for league success are now having ridiculous meltdowns.  

They can't say they'd happily sacrifice it if when we do sacrifice it they spit the dummy oot. 

I'm not meaning you mate and aye I agree we really could have been doing with the silverware from a mentality pov but we are sitting well in front in the league and even if we do drop some more points I firmly believe the beggars will drop more.

Everybody needs to calm the fuck down and leave the deranged behaviour to the shark throwers.

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

Winning the league cup would undoubtedly have given the players and management a huge boost, and increased confidence. That in turn would surely have benefited our league campaign. The league cup doesn’t exist in isolation.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We've had it easy like they did after we got beat at Hearts last season. Virtually pressure-less because they were terrible. 

I know some don't like hearing that and get upset at the mere notion that we can't handle it but, well, the evidence is there. 

Finding it hard to read that after you said we haven't faced any pressure domestically this season.

Really, really daft thing to say.

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

If we had won the league cup and lost the league then it would have been an unsuccessful season , no one is arguing Otherwise 

The fact of the matter is we spectacularly blew our first chance of silverware in a decade . The position we were in we should have been aiming to collect both prizes and the hard reality is we have absolutely fucked one . 

It's disappointing that we didn't go on to win the League Cup but in reality it was never a priority.  The league is the priority and we're currently 13 points clear with the chance to put it to bed on the 2nd of January.  I'm happy with where this team is at at the moment.  13 points clear (albeit celtic have 2 games in hand) and we won our European group which earned the club millions.  I would've bitten your hand off for this at the start of the season.  Last night doesn't undo anything, we're still having an amazing season, we're still on course to win the title.

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

Winning the league cup would undoubtedly have given the players and management a huge boost, and increased confidence. That in turn would surely have benefited our league campaign. The league cup doesn’t exist in isolation.

It’s the first trophy up for grabs as well.

Unless we win the league the teams mentality and bottle will be constantly questioned if we keep getting knocked out cups.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This is a mere crum now . Going out may actually see what we are made of .If the league cup was won .It may have given the team confidence to go on .On the other hand ,it may have done the opposite and made us become overly confident .Now they have to refocus and there are zero excuses now .Absolutely none 

This team are absolute garbage ,when they find themselves behind in games .It has happened so often it’s frightening .Nothing like the Rangers teams I grew up watching .We almost visibly chuck it so often 

We actually did it last night and found the goal ,we don’t often find .And still managed to fuck that up 

The last bit sticks in my craw more than anything mate.

Having got ourselves level, given our respective standings, they should have been on their knees.

Worst case, we control it til full time, then overrun them in ET.

Instead of which, we let them pin US back.

Poor game management at best.

Legs gone after the effort of drawing level? (Not a good sign, if so...)

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

They do.  They're separate tournaments.  Are you telling me no team has ever won the league without winning the League Cup first?  We don't NEED to win the League Cup it would simply have been a bonus.  what we NEED to win is the League title and become Champions of Scotland again.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

It’s the first trophy up for grabs as well.

Unless we win the league the teams mentality and bottle will be constantly questioned if we keep getting knocked out cups.

Realistically, questioning the manager and teams mentality if we don't win the league wont matter.  There will probably be an exodus from the management, coaching staff, and players, if we don't win the league title.  It's all or nothing now.  If we don't win this season it'll be another rebuilding job in the summer.

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

Bottled it as soon as the pressure was on. Serial losers. 

Waits for the *13 points clear* patter. 

More performances like that and they’ll soon eat into the lead. Worrying thing is we’ve seen last night so many times before 

Archived