Glen Middleton

They Gnu

7 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I've no idea why Jones gets continually lumped in with Barker or Hastie. Far better player than he's given credit for.

Agree with you on Middleton though.

Jones can be and has been a useful player for us when he’s played, not saying he should be a starter but a good squad player 

Unfortunately he’s too much of a fanny for his own good 

Despite the occasional good cameo for us he has failed to develop further. Doubt if we will get much of a fee for him so probably best for all concerned to just let him go. Lower half of the SPFL  is about his standard. Good luck to him.

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Me tae.

Don't think he's ever let us down 

Had a great season and impressed in Europe, Gerrards first season, Spartack Moscow etc, like McCrorie disappeared, and we brought in Andy Kings, Coulibaly, Ojo, Barker, Hastie etc etc Are we ever going to give youth a chance? Kennedy, Kelly, McPake next season....

I've always liked Middleton and would like to see him operate on the right of the front 3 to see him cutting in on his favoured foot. For some reason Gerrard hasn't tried him there even tho he's played there for the youths at times. We haven't got someone that's nailed that position down so would like to see him given an opportunity. 

I've said all along the kid has something about him. The fact Gerrard is willing to try him at left wing back (probably in a 3-5-2) means he must see something. Both him and McPake are ideal back-ups for Kent. I've got a feeling he is going to give Gerrard a hard decision at pre-season camp.