Glen Middleton

They Gnu

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

That is fucking horrific by Alnwick. 

Yes it’s a nice free kick but any decent keeper is saving that as it’s not anywhere near the postage stamp. There was another save in the game which the commentary were creaming themselves and it was basically straight at Alnwick.

Fair fucks to the boy, came on and essentially won the game for the saints. Lap it up son.

Free kick was terrible, shows you how much the spin merchants lap up anything when it doesn't involve us.

Crainey jiizzed himself dry by the sounds of it on the free-kick.

People who are suggesting he’s good enough for us are forgetting that he isn’t even a guaranteed starter for St Johnstone. There’s obviously a reason he is on the bench.

There also a reason he failed on loan at Hibs and Bradford.

Don’t get me wrong I like Glenn and he’s clearly got talent but he’s not progressed anywhere near enough to get a game for us. I don’t think he has really improved much from the wee 18 year old that was starting games for us and at that age you really do need to kick on to make it in football.

I hope he proves me wrong and he’s got time on his side as he’s only 21, however I can foresee at best a career for him milling about the SPFL lower end teams.

Think there’s something in Middleton. Never let us down and done some special things for the unders. Doing ok at St Johnstone, albeit not starting every week. 

Seems to have a good attitude, and is he any worse than Barker, Hastie, Jones etc? Probably not. 

Don’t think he’ll make it here, but could easily be a good Scottish squad option. 

A couple of years ago I had high hopes for Middleton. I thought that he would become a first team regular. But he has failed to develop. He will still have a career in football and could earn a very decent wage in England (lower leagues).

Just can't see him pulling on the jersey again and strutting his stuff in the CL. Ryan Kent he is not. So probably best for the club just to cash in this summer and see what we can get for him.

That said I expect Gerrard to take him to the preseason camp before making a final decision.

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think there’s something in Middleton. Never let us down and done some special things for the unders. Doing ok at St Johnstone, albeit not starting every week. 

Seems to have a good attitude, and is he any worse than Barker, Hastie, Jones etc? Probably not. 

Don’t think he’ll make it here, but could easily be a good Scottish squad option. 

Barker was an unused sub in a must win for Oxford on Saturday to make the play-offs (4-0 win).

The signing of Barker, Jones and Hastie two summers ago was awful. Both Middleton & McPake are better players.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Barker was an unused sub in a must win for Oxford on Saturday to make the play-offs (4-0 win).

The signing of Barker, Jones and Hastie two summers ago was awful. Both Middleton & McPake are better players.

I think he’s coming back from injury but doesn’t change the fact he’s awful

17 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Still looks overweight to me. Never make it at Rangers imo.

Can look at every player in the league apart from our own and say they look unfit or overweight. Think we've got the best fitness and sport scientist by far, even compared to the unwashed.