5 league games

MacBoyd

58 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need to take it one game at a time. Last night better show the team they can't take anything for granted. 

Need to start with a convincing win at the weekend. 

Too many of the support are guilty as anything for getting carried away.....social media has been awash of hilarity at the papes as people are genuinely believing that all we need to do is turn up and win....last night is a stark reminder that the hard yards have still to be worked....we start again on Saturday with 3 points, anything less and all the doubts will start to creep in big time....after Saturday we can then assess midweek 

53 minutes ago, murzo said:

Last season after Old Firm game 376593BB-78B8-4805-9835-E7FE7A97EA00.thumb.png.6e392f37e69bf7c42828b00bce48bac9.png

This season

43534CA8-45D9-4360-A4BE-BAF953452E23.thumb.png.cde64ca681deb90d5ed796f4e8eedda9.png

If you compare last season and this season it’s shows how far we still need to go before any talk of winning the league should be mentioned. The next 5 are must win, as is every game after that as well.

I don’t understand? They basically won the league immediately after Christmas.

What do your tables show us other than we would have more points on the table than they had and a bigger gap? :lol:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t understand? They basically won the league immediately after Christmas.

What do your tables show us other than we would have more points on the table than they had and a bigger gap? :lol:

It shows that we had a decent total after 19 or 20 games last season and still fucked it. This season we’ll only be a few points better off than last season if we win our next 5 games, so any talk of winning the league is way too premature.

How many "win the next 5 games". "win the next 6 games", "win next 10 games" threads we had on here in all the years ?

It seldom, or never, happens. 

We just need to concentrate on a winning mentality, and losing less points than our competition. 

4 minutes ago, murzo said:

It shows that we had a decent total after 19 or 20 games last season and still fucked it. This season we’ll only be a few points better off than last season if we win our next 5 games, so any talk of winning the league is way too premature.

Don’t mention the next five games mate ForeverandEver doesn’t like it 😭

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Talk of winning the title may well be a bit premature but nobody can doubt that we are in a very strong position to win #55 this season.

We're in a fucking brilliant position, with strong players and good team spirit. We are halfway through the season. Our main opponent is in the beginnings of a time of transition. 

The bookies have us around 1/5 to win the league, this hasn't changed from last night. 

I see no footballing reason we would throw it away. 

Tarriers will change team and more than likely manager next season anyway.

God forbid they win it from here, but I honestly can’t see Lennon staying even if they did.

So, we either win this fucking thing, and devastate them, or we blow it and it inspires them, but it will be a new set of players and management next season.

it’s up to the team and management to make sure the incomings are coming to a defeated club.

Tav is playing like a man possessed this season.

His mind is made up. No cunt is getting their hands on that trophy bar us, or cunts will be dying!

That aside and albeit we lost last night, which maybe a good thing at this point, I still don't see much to be worrying about. We weren't shite. A couple froze. We underestimated the oppo and we should never have lost that 3rd goal, but for an individual error.

Whilst disappointing, I saw nothing last night to worry us for the league and knowing it wasn't our strongest starting eleven. A good lesson learned I'd say.

We are a well decent unit and and that hasn't ended because of last night.

People need to simmer down ffs!!

Our first defeat since leverkusen on 7th aug, were now in mid December and people are talking about the season/team collapsing? 

We will beat Motherwell on Saturday and st johnstone mid week. A wee bit of belief people!! #55

59 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

People need to simmer down ffs!!

Our first defeat since leverkusen on 7th aug, were now in mid December and people are talking about the season/team collapsing? 

We will beat Motherwell on Saturday and st johnstone mid week. A wee bit of belief people!! #55

One game at a time mate 

6 hours ago, five stars said:

We've got a tough run of games, we need a convincing win on Saturday then go to Perth and show we can battle and get the points away from home.

That'll set us up nicely for hibs at home on Boxing day.

I think Hibs at Ibrox is the biggest banana skin of the lot. We’ll be fine in Perth.

Appreciate the optimism, especially on the back of St Mirren, but this season above all others has to be one game at a time.

Tom Irish’s article highlighting that a string of wins up to and including the scum at Ibrox, would leave us a minimum of 19 clear (3 scum games in hand) puts a smile on your face but the higher we build our hopes up, the more pain if and when the wheels come off.

Win, rest, repeat.

I’ve seen the draws after cup exits stat a couple of times now. So I decided to do similar but in this season’s context. Here are the four results directly after the 4 previous games we failed to win (Livi, Hibs and Benfica x2):

Rangers 2-0 Kilmarnock 

Willem II 0-4 Rangers

Rangers 8-0 Hamilton 

Falkirk 0-4 Rangers

Now varying levels of opposition for sure but each game after has been won well without conceding. Saturday should be fairly straightforward if we approach it correctly and professionally but we need to be aware of Motherwell who will be up for it despite their own patchy form as of late.

I spoke to my dad tonight who originally was and still is a big Rangers  Petershill supporter as he was a springburn lad, coming up for 89 in march next year  been there done it can remember Torry Gillick  who was a favourite when he came back in 1945 being an ex petershill player until in his eyes the greatest Jim Baxter and he said we will come good and to take each game at a time that's good enough for me :rangers:and hes seen it all :dance:

Archived