Character and bottle

Pure_Quality

The positive from the Motherwell set up today is the fact we obviously have that fear factor at Ibrox once more, they were so feart of an absolute doing they’ve sat everyone behind the ball in the final third 

they’ve had absolutely zero expectation of picking up anything today (although they nearly did) 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The positive from the Motherwell set up today is the fact we obviously have that fear factor at Ibrox once more, they were so feart of an absolute doing they’ve sat everyone behind the ball in the final third 

they’ve had absolutely zero expectation of picking up anything today (although they nearly did) 

I will be interested to see if they go 5-5-0 the next time they play at the scum dome

2 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

I just don't understand how people can be so bipolar. Everything is great and 55 is a canter and then we're losing at half time and our players and manager are being called shitebags, cunts, bottlers and incompetent.

Absolutely wild man

It’s the pressure and stress getting to folk .I do tend to steer clear of the match thread during games now .For a start you tend to get caught up in the comments rather than the game .

If things ain’t going well your feeling bad enough in your own self and the last thing you need is depression overload .

In the past Iv come off the thread when we have been losing actually thinking that some of the posters are happy we are losing just so they can vent a bit of spleen ,even though for most of them you know it ain’t true .

A few being ‘called out’ for their negativity, but they were right to be negative IMO.

We were rotten for 73 minutes and played like the Rangers of 10 months ago. We got a little lucky with the goal and never looked back. 

Delighted with the result, but worried about how we’re playing with a difficult run coming up. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

A few being ‘called out’ for their negativity, but they were right to be negative IMO.

We were rotten for 73 minutes and played like the Rangers of 10 months ago. We got a little lucky with the goal and never looked back. 

Delighted with the result, but worried about how we’re playing with a difficult run coming up. 

Can’t argue with the result mate after playing against that shite, I get more teams will follow suit and we have to be better but I don’t particularly think we were rotten. Maybe one or two underperforming but must be pish playing against that 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

It’s the pressure and stress getting to folk .I do tend to steer clear of the match thread during games now .For a start you tend to get caught up in the comments rather than the game .

If things ain’t going well your feeling bad enough in your own self and the last thing you need is depression overload .

In the past Iv come off the thread when we have been losing actually thinking that some of the posters are happy we are losing just so they can vent a bit of spleen ,even though for most of them you know it ain’t true .

Found myself missing a lot of games just to read whatever nonsense is being posted in here, just like to gauge what other fans are feeling but it’s far too extreme at times 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Totally understandable for people to still be carrying frustration from midweek too. I know we need to move forward but it's normal to resent being dumped from a cup we should have won at a canter. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The tactics of the midget republican should be found out for the St Mirren match. Hopefully we have enough about us to get 3 points from St Johnstone and Hibs. Hoping Hivs come out a bit. If they’re not adventurous it could be a struggle 

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I've just read page 24-29 of the match thread....that is the reason I very rarely venture into it anymore....the best of it is the majority of posters in those pages who are moaning, greeting, calling player shite bags, surrendering etc etc will have been laughing at the bead rattlers behaviour of late....in truth they are acting exactly the same as those fuckers....to some in here it has to be the perfect game or they are away wetting themselves

If what happened across the city isn't an insight to what negative vibes bring then we are all in for a shock....in truth there were only 3/4 posters trying to remain positive during those 5 pages....come to fuck lads I thought we were better than that

No-one was at Edmiston Drive throwing barriers and chasing the team bus so it's hardly comparable. Match threads on any football fan forum probably give rise to more extreme comments in the heat of the moment, I never ventured into them much before this season as I was used to being at all home games and some aways.

I don't keep track of all the posts i'm sure you'd find a few that were unacceptable i.e threatening violence but of course people were going to be frustrated today especially off the back of Wednesday night. It's easy enough to look back now because we did eventually get the breakthrough but there was reason enough to be worried and there's so much at stake for us this season, if we let them get 10 after building this position it will be unbearable and at this stage of the season there's still little margin for error.  

7 hours ago, dougie76 said:

Same cunts every game, with a few fenians popping their rancid heads up as usual.

Good post

7 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

I just don't understand how people can be so bipolar. Everything is great and 55 is a canter and then we're losing at half time and our players and manager are being called shitebags, cunts, bottlers and incompetent.

Absolutely wild man

Good post

6 hours ago, wully said:

Went in the match thread when we were losing and saw posters wanting to physically attack our players.

Hardcore laptop loyal members may i add, not people that have no choice but to view via a stream.

Good post 

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I was really deflated at HT but the 2nd half from 70mins onwards gives me really encouragement. 

Would've been so easy for the team to chuck it against that mob but credit where due we found away. 

I'd have said this win loose or draw but motherwell were a disgrace. Fair enough clearly they couldn't match us so had to find another way but today that wasn't football. 

Anyone with a bit of backbone in the media would call that out for the shambles it was. I'd rather my team got battered like Hamilton than do what they done today. 

Bed wetter

4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I've just read page 24-29 of the match thread....that is the reason I very rarely venture into it anymore....the best of it is the majority of posters in those pages who are moaning, greeting, calling player shite bags, surrendering etc etc will have been laughing at the bead rattlers behaviour of late....in truth they are acting exactly the same as those fuckers....to some in here it has to be the perfect game or they are away wetting themselves

If what happened across the city isn't an insight to what negative vibes bring then we are all in for a shock....in truth there were only 3/4 posters trying to remain positive during those 5 pages....come to fuck lads I thought we were better than that

Place is toxic as fuck at times. Actually think there are some posters want us to get beat so they can slag us for days. 

46 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

No-one was at Edmiston Drive throwing barriers and chasing the team bus so it's hardly comparable. Match threads on any football fan forum probably give rise to more extreme comments in the heat of the moment, I never ventured into them much before this season as I was used to being at all home games and some aways.

I don't keep track of all the posts i'm sure you'd find a few that were unacceptable i.e threatening violence but of course people were going to be frustrated today especially off the back of Wednesday night. It's easy enough to look back now because we did eventually get the breakthrough but there was reason enough to be worried and there's so much at stake for us this season, if we let them get 10 after building this position it will be unbearable and at this stage of the season there's still little margin for error.  

Tensions are high as fuck obviously mate but these morons spitting the dummy out on here right now are wallopers

39 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

M8 I know this season is huge and we all know what's at stake that's why I find the surrender monkeys a bit ott...we need to create a feeling of invincibility around the club....the last thing our players need to be hearing or reading about on any form of social media is that they are shitebags, not good enough, same shite as the previous 2 years etc etc.....I think there were still 60minutes left in the game at the point I was reading....I just find it all a bit tiresome that posters are too quick to jump on the teams back.... @Lord Lockinmade the point that if fans were at Ibrox today we wouldn't have turned it around....he may have a point if the average fan was viewing the match the same way as the posters in here who were howling and screaming how shite everyone was

I think we all believe that this team has suffered from fragility in the past....apart from a few bad moments and 1 defeat all season the players deserve a bit more backing and respect.....to win this league we all need to be pulling in the right direction bud👍

@Dan Deaconyou know the biggest thing I've noticed in a match thread....been happening for years....1 poster will slag a player off for something....guaranteed 5 or 6 of the next 10 posts are posters jumping on the bandwagon repeating what was said....todays victim was Davis....it's as comical as fuck at times

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

@Dan Deaconyou know the biggest thing I've noticed in a match thread....been happening for years....1 poster will slag a player off for something....guaranteed 5 or 6 of the next 10 posts are posters jumping on the bandwagon repeating what was said....todays victim was Davis....it's as comical as fuck at times

Aye mate its going on all the time. I get people being frustrated but surely to fuck when things ain't perfect you don't just pile more pressure on

20 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Good post

Good post

Good post 

Bed wetter

Place is toxic as fuck at times. Actually think there are some posters want us to get beat so they can slag us for days. 

Tensions are high as fuck obviously mate but these morons spitting the dummy out on here right now are wallopers

16084339392987906122390843662808.gif

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

M8 you're a good poster on here and I always read and respect your views, I was a bit taken aback when I read your comment I think it was along the lines that you've come to expect a collapse or something along those lines....now I'm not saying that you haven't been given just cause in the past for believing it was about to happen again...I was sitting watching the game with the same fear and dread....I just don't want to go on a forum and publicly declare it for hordes to read and believe we are imploding.....not that you're comment was outrageous it just stuck out a bit....some posters on the other hand should go back and retrace their posts and read them....some posters had multiple posts and everyone was derogatory and negative.....outsiders reading those posts would be having a field day laughing at us

9 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Aye mate its going on all the time. I get people being frustrated but surely to fuck when things ain't perfect you don't just pile more pressure on

Yip....this season we need to stick together....players will be reading and picking things up on all areas of social media....no cunt will tell me that players pride don't get hurt when they read all the negative stuff going on...take Duffy across the city....as he started to put in some dodgy performances the abuse and slagging he received on social media went into overdrive which made his performances and mistakes even worse....he is not alone...a host of them have suffered on social media since we beat them....we can't allow our players confidence to get shot in any manner or form this season 

Hand in the air I was questioning the mettle of this team at HT because that first half was dire and we’ve seen the same scenario play out time and again with far different results from what they earned today. Speaking for myself only, I was pissed and moaning because this team means everything and to see them not lifting their play like I know they’re capable of doing drives me absolutely radio.

There was a difference today though late in the game - instead of folding and leaking the shite goals that have been a pattern in games of this sort and are all of our worst nightmares, they found that reserve fuel supply and lit ‘Well up. Felt like winning the lottery tbh and I am quite happy to choke on my earlier rant (but fuck it, I’m an old arthritic bastard now and moaning is what I unfortunately do.

Best way to deal with my crap is take Kevin Bridges advice - send a virtual chap on the shooder and say “Enjoy yer night, pal” (code for STFU). I’m not so old that I’ll miss the hint.

4 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Hand in the air I was questioning the mettle of this team at HT because that first half was dire and we’ve seen the same scenario play out time and again with far different results from what they earned today. Speaking for myself only, I was pissed and moaning because this team means everything and to see them not lifting their play like I know they’re capable of doing drives me absolutely radio.

There was a difference today though late in the game - instead of folding and leaking the shite goals that have been a pattern in games of this sort and are all of our worst nightmares, they found that reserve fuel supply and lit ‘Well up. Felt like winning the lottery tbh and I am quite happy to choke on my earlier rant (but fuck it, I’m an old arthritic bastard now and moaning is what I unfortunately do.

Best way to deal with my crap is take Kevin Bridges advice - send a virtual chap on the shooder and say “Enjoy yer night, pal” (code for STFU). I’m not so old that I’ll miss the hint.

Take a breath mate 

Archived