Battlers not bottlers!

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's a huge result mentality wise.

Never seen much of it but by all accounts we were terrible today and didn't look like scoring for the most part. To turn that around and score 3 will do wonders for these players' confidence.

Rank rotten. Hopefully the win lifts the players out of this funk. 

As lacklusture as it was at times, that's exactly what that lot did last season. Poor games and even if they went behind they'd just find a way.

We found a way. It's not just about our own confidence but about showing other teams that we won't roll over.

We need everyone to calm down a bit.  It’s still early in the season and it seems that some fans go from us being the greatest team in the world to the worst team in the world in the space of 3 or 4 days ... actually, on occasion it’s 3 or 4 minutes.

As much as we want it to happen we’re not going to steamroller teams every week.  Yes Wednesday night was a huge disappointment, and the first 45/60 minutes today wasn’t great but we’ve lost 1 game, ONE game and it’s nearly the end of December.  We’ve played some of the best football we’ve played in years, and we’ve put ourselves in a strong position.

What the team needs is our support, no matter what happens, get behind every single one of them and hopefully we’re on our way to deliver something that 2 or 3 years back was unforeseeable.  

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think there’s a fair bit of questioning to go. Really struggled for 70 mins. 

Of course we struggled early doors, they played 11 men behind the ball ffs! It was always going to be a case of breaking them down over time! 

Individual errors from Tav & Barasic cost us a goal but it was no surprise it took us a while to get a goal! 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Great result. Still very concerning how much we looked like we’ve regressed in our play. It was 10 months agos football for 70 minutes. 

Think a lot of that’s to do with Motherwell tactics. We used to be a team where they could get a result from two banks of 5, we’ve just reminded them that we are now not the same as we were. 

20 minutes ago, CumbernauldBear said:

We need everyone to calm down a bit.  It’s still early in the season and it seems that some fans go from us being the greatest team in the world to the worst team in the world in the space of 3 or 4 days ... actually, on occasion it’s 3 or 4 minutes.

As much as we want it to happen we’re not going to steamroller teams every week.  Yes Wednesday night was a huge disappointment, and the first 45/60 minutes today wasn’t great but we’ve lost 1 game, ONE game and it’s nearly the end of December.  We’ve played some of the best football we’ve played in years, and we’ve put ourselves in a strong position.

What the team needs is our support, no matter what happens, get behind every single one of them and hopefully we’re on our way to deliver something that 2 or 3 years back was unforeseeable.  

The thread has nothing to do with any notion of being the best team in the world.

4/4 after getting knocked out of a cup we've drawn. On Wednesday this squad were branded bottlers. I've not been onto see what was said today 5 mins in after a dreadful gift of a goal but I'd imagine it wasnt complimentary. 

And here we are a further 3 points better off after a win against a team desperate to defend a 1 nil lead with their lives.

I'm fucking delighted tbh.

I spent 70 minutes preparing for a meltdown - I really don't know what to do with myself. Fucking excellent though. This gives me even more belief that not only can we cope with a bad result. We can cope with being up against it within the 90 minutes too. I think this is better for us than winning 4-0. Not for my nerves though!

Archived