Battlers not bottlers!

23 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I've seen some shit teams parking the bus, but that Motherwell team 2nd half were pathetic, and the worst I've seen yet. Cunts deserved to get Fucked, and Fuck that stevie Robinson :wanker::UK:

Yep , its easy to criticise the team but those tactics were horrific to play against. 

They were quite happy to let us have the ball and possession while they crammed 11 players in the box .

We did well to keep going and eventually get the result. 

One of the biggest things we've struggled with under Gerrard is coming back and winning after conceding first.

If I'm not mistaken, it's now 34 games we've conceded first in and this is only the 9th time we've came back and won.

However, it's the 2nd time we've done it this month now (Liege being the other). Hopefully we're finally turning that corner.

40 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The thread has nothing to do with any notion of being the best team in the world.

4/4 after getting knocked out of a cup we've drawn. On Wednesday this squad were branded bottlers. I've not been onto see what was said today 5 mins in after a dreadful gift of a goal but I'd imagine it wasnt complimentary. 

And here we are a further 3 points better off after a win against a team desperate to defend a 1 nil lead with their lives.

I'm fucking delighted tbh.

Apologies if there’s been some confusion here.  Comments weren’t aimed at you, it’s just in general there’s posts on here, Facebook, Twitter, etc etc with fans after Wednesday saying were bottlers, then same in first half today, then after the game saying we’re on our way to 55.

Some fans emotions are up and down faster than  a whore’s knickers.

Today’s result is a great one. Last season it would probably have been different.  Long may this continue but let’s try and stay calm whatever’s happening.

Motherwell were attrocious, SG even mentioned that was the first time in his career he has come up against a 5 and a 5

Even Shelley Kerr mentioned in summing up, their back 10.

disgraceful ant-football and the got what they deserved.....zilch

I went on the match thread at HT and saw someone called Barisic a coward. That was enough for me.

Now these players may have bottled things in the past but they are growing as a team and far improved to deal with adverse situations than in previous years.

I wouldn't want to be one on one in a dark alleyway with a pissed off Borna Barisic, that's for sure.

Our players are battling.

Archived