*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I don't think they do I think some on here are kidding themselves on a bit and are needing to be more honest.

His all round game in general is still good, he was pissĀ poor against Dundee United. BottomĀ line is heā€™s a striker and will be judged on scoring goals. Hopefully he starts hitting the net again, hibs would be a good time to refindĀ his goal scoring formĀ 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

If we have enough form players to leave Morelos out of OF game then I would.Ā 
Ā 

Biggest chance of losing that game is by having a player sent off.

It's a worry but I still think Gerrard will pick him as he picks him when he's available all the time we can always sub him if he looks likely to be red carded.

Too many people make too much of who our best 11 are. It's completely irrelevant. We are Rangers. We are the collective sum of our squad and our magnifient support. Whoever the manager decides to step out for each game is good enough for me given the way the season has panned out so far. We are so far removed from the last few seasons, due largely to the manager and his decisions. In SG i trust. Here's to 55!

20 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's a worry but I still think Gerrard will pick him as he picks him when he's available all the time we can always sub him if he looks likely to be red carded.

Except he didnā€™t tonight. Also his comments in the after match interview heā€™s was talking about how he expects his number 9 to get onĀ the end of the shot and reboundĀ from Hagi and thatā€™s what Roofe done then said he took him offĀ to keep him fresh for the next game. Or words to that effect.Ā I think heā€™s going to stick with Roofe for Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Except he didnā€™t tonight. Also his comments in the after match interview heā€™s was talking about how he expects his number 9 to get onĀ the end of the shot and reboundĀ from Hagi and thatā€™s what Roofe done then said he took him offĀ to keep him fresh for the next game. Or words to that effect.Ā I think heā€™s going to stick with Roofe for Hibs.

I don't think he will play before Roofe as Roofes been great but he may get in before Hagi who I thought tonight played really well.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

100%Ā  its not the first time he has benched him when fit and available.Ā 

Unfortunately for Alfredo,Ā  now he is not undroppableĀ 

There are good replacementsĀ  Ā 

I would 100% go with Roofe up top in the next two games.Ā 

Just what I needed, and probly alot more needed, a comfortable nerve free night. Thought aribo was brilliant, hagi not far behind. Everyone else was good enough. Maybe Kent a wee bit below the rest but worked hard.Ā 

That's got me more confident for the hibs game. Wouldn't mind the same teamĀ 

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Starting a striker who has scored 2 this season against a team he has never scored against?

Not for me. He has to earn the right. He hasn't even been getting the sitters on target. Goldson is more likely to score against them.Ā 

Who takes his place, bearing in mind roofe has scored most his goals from RW? He ragdolled their same defenders in the league cup final, heā€™s exactly what their defenders canā€™t handle, julien and ajer hate a battle. Heā€™s been startedĀ in games winning against celtic whereas, my memory might be wrong with Defoe, none of our other strikers have started up front when we have beat them?

4 hours ago, hando said:

Who takes his place, bearing in mind roofe has scored most his goals from RW? He ragdolled their same defenders in the league cup final, heā€™s exactly what their defenders canā€™t handle, julien and ajer hate a battle. Heā€™s been startedĀ in games winning against celtic whereas, my memory might be wrong with Defoe, none of our other strikers have started up front when we have beat them?

Defoe started a 2-0 at Ibrox.Ā 

Morelos should start every time. Those defenders cannot handle him.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

I don't think he will play before Roofe as Roofes been great but he may get in before Hagi who I thought tonight played really well.

Ā 

He doesn't have the vision nor the touch of Hagi. Very different players suited to different roles. Alfie is an out and out striker off form,Ā whereas Hagi is a natural no.1O who can cut open packed defences.

Alfie needs to make a bigger impact on starting or when coming on as a sub to get a regular starting place. He is very much needed in the campaign as is a return to form which would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Smile said:

We never thought he looked likely to be red carded against DU until from nowhere he'd made the challenge that warranted a red. On the 12th minute too. The only sure thing is that he does what he wants when he wants, sometimes unfortunately for him instinctively.Ā Its onĀ Gerrard if the gamble of what he offers outweighs the risks involved in him hopefully delivering those positives.Ā 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyļ»æArse said:

We never thought he looked likely to be red carded against DU until from nowhere he'd made the challenge that warranted a red. On the 12th minute too. The only sure thing is that he does what he wants when he wants, sometimes unfortunately for him instinctively.Ā Its onĀ Gerrard if the gamble of what he offers outweighs the risks involved in him hopefully delivering those positives.Ā 

I constantly have the fear with Morelos. He is just too volatile and unpredictable. He wouldnā€™t be anywhere near my starting line up if everyoneā€™s fit.Ā 
Ā 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Defoe started a 2-0 at Ibrox.Ā 

Morelos should start every time. Those defenders cannot handle him.

those defenders cannot handle the Morelos of the first half of last season. The Morelos this season has been a shadow of that guy.Ā 
Ā 

itā€™s a shame because he used to be the main man. Our play relied on him. Then we expected to lose him so we reconstructed our team to play to different strengths and now he is a bit part player.Ā 

Roofe, Itten, and Defoe all can be relied upon now more than Alfredo. Let him be the impact sub and earn his place backĀ 

5 hours ago, hando said:

Roofe. More than enough pace for their slow centre backs. Fuck, I could outrun them towing a caravan. Roofe is much more lethal in the 6 yard box than Morelos has been of late.Ā 

Morelos is more likely to be sent off than he is to score against them if he starts.Ā 

Morelos as an impact sub for me. Oh, and we lost the league cup final remember.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Roofe. More than enough pace for their slow centre backs. Fuck, I could outrun them towing a caravan. Roofe is much more lethal in the 6 yard box than Morelos has been of late.Ā 

Morelos is more likely to be sent off than he is to score against them if he starts.Ā 

Morelos as an impact sub for me. Oh, and we lost the league cup final remember.Ā 

Morelos is more likely to be sent off than he is to score against them if he starts.

Spot on , and if he starts that will be their main aim , no way does he start for me.....

Archived