*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought that was as sharp and impactive as he's looked in ages re his link up play. Can't ignore the sitter, but that aside I was actually very impressed with his cameo tonight.

That's my thoughts too. I know we didn't see it tonight... But I also think Kent benefits from playing with him,when he's dropping deep. Let's Kent find wee pockets of space.

As you say can't ignore the sitter and he's had a few stinking games this season. That being said... He's  had games with very little service too and he's still contributed to our performances... So I'm not overly worried. He's definitely dropping deeper and he's clearly been coached to work on his link up play.

If we were losing games and he wasn't scoring, my viewpoint would change, but I'm pretty happy with all our strikers at the moment.

If he doesn't do it then, the roofe, itten and Defoe will keep out the starting eleven.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought we were as poor with our quality on the ball as I've seen for a while. Happy to play head tennis, long balls, quite often midfield bypassed. But excellent result with the bonus of a clean sheet. Take all that every game.

Completely agree, said as much in the thread that’s now disappeared.

Some excellent touches and passes, far more than he’s offered for the last month.

edit: quoted wrong post of yours, can’t be arsed fixing it

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The issue with Morelos is if we need a goal and he's clean through no one expects him to score. 

Id rather Roofe at the minute especially against the tims. Alfredo up top would give them a lift imo

No way can he start against them. Morelos that is.

Alfie is our best striker....but on a bad run just now but some of his flicks and hold up lay offs are good just now......Defoe and Roofe are out and out strikers and should be paired with either Alfie or Cedric who provide more than just goals.

My dad missed the game and texted me there saying the bbc are saying we were poor :lol:

Meanwhile sticking a meagre two goals (leading 1-0 for most of the game) against bottom of the league Ross County is further proof that the tarriers are simply unstoppable.

I can’t wait for the 2nd.

Excellent nights work. I am sure the tarriers would have seen a tricky midweek trip to Perth for us while they had a straight forward home tie as an opportunity to close the gap. Also our first clean sheet dir a few games so hopefully the start of a run of clean sheets. 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

My dad missed the game and texted me there saying the bbc are saying we were poor :lol:

Meanwhile sticking a meagre two goals (leading 1-0 for most of the game) against bottom of the league Ross County is further proof that the tarriers are simply unstoppable.

I can’t wait for the 2nd.

Anybody watching that tonight and genuinely think we were poor simply don’t have a fucking clue about football.

Should maybe stick to tiddlywinks

Archived