*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

My dad missed the game and texted me there saying the bbc are saying we were poor :lol:

Meanwhile sticking a meagre two goals (leading 1-0 for most of the game) against bottom of the league Ross County is further proof that the tarriers are simply unstoppable.

I can’t wait for the 2nd.

We weren't great tbh. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Blues said:

I agree with bbc. I think we can play a lot better than tonight. We didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear to beat a poor St J side.

Was like the game at the piggery 

apart from st Johnstone actually forced mcgregor into a save

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

My dad missed the game and texted me there saying the bbc are saying we were poor :lol:

Meanwhile sticking a meagre two goals (leading 1-0 for most of the game) against bottom of the league Ross County is further proof that the tarriers are simply unstoppable.

I can’t wait for the 2nd.

We played well tonight took about ten or fifteen minutes to get into the game then controlled it all night, they got a wee lift when May came on second half, McGregor made one crucial save the rest was all us.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Plenty chat on Morelos taking the focus off how ineffective and lacking impact Kent was again.

1 goal in 20 now and let’s be honest, that 6 weeks at start of season is the only time he’s consistently performed in a season and a half now.

He works like a trojan but there’s no edge of the seat type stuff and you’ve got to question exactly what his role is in this team?

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

We played brilliant football against Benfica away for example..we were nowhere near that tonight

Against a 10 man team who attacked us. If St Johnstone went down to 10 men after 20 mins then came gunning for us it would have been a repeat of Hamilton at Ibrox. Europe v the hammer throwers and hatchet wielders of the SPL is not a great comparison.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Anybody watching that tonight and genuinely think we were poor simply don’t have a fucking clue about football.

Should maybe stick to tiddlywinks

We were better 2nd half but still conceded possession more than normal. First half in particular too many long aimless balls, sloppy passes intercepted. Think we won the heady tennis comp along with getting 3 points.

Play like that against a sharper team and we'd be having serious questions asked of us.

Just now, Graham said:

Against a 10 man team who attacked us. If St Johnstone went down to 10 men after 20 mins then came gunning for us it would have been a repeat of Hamilton at Ibrox. Europe v the hammer throwers and hatchet wielders of the SPL is not a great comparison.

Point taken.......I’d like us to play a bit better though....but a win is a win...3 points 

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would start Morelos against the tarriers might not get a goal but will run their shite defence into the ground 

Starting a striker who has scored 2 this season against a team he has never scored against?

Not for me. He has to earn the right. He hasn't even been getting the sitters on target. Goldson is more likely to score against them. 

10 minutes ago, The Blues said:

I agree with bbc. I think we can play a lot better than tonight. We didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear to beat a poor St J side.

They were poor because of our play. We hunted in packs when we lost possession and pretty much controlled the game. A potentially difficult game against a team who took points off the scum the other week was stunningly routine for this highly professional Rangers team.

If we raised billions for charity before kick off and cured lung cancer at half time, these cunts at the BBC would say “ aye but what about all the other cancers?”

They hate us and they are hurting.

Which is lovely.

:rangers:

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We were better 2nd half but still conceded possession more than normal. First half in particular too many long aimless balls, sloppy passes intercepted. Think we won the heady tennis comp along with getting 3 points.

Play like that against a sharper team and we'd be having serious questions asked of us.

I thought we played well tonight some nice football held the ball well at times. we’re no going to dominate every game from start to finish mate.  Was a good performance and a great three points, game ended up far more comfortable that people where expecting at the start of the tread 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

1 goal in 20 now and let’s be honest, that 6 weeks at start of season is the only time he’s consistently performed in a season and a half now.

He works like a trojan but there’s no edge of the seat type stuff and you’ve got to question exactly what his role is in this team?

Quite predictable imo. Wants to come inside then hits traffic. Too much running across the park and not forward.

Really disappointing, distinct lack of quality.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Starting a striker who has scored 2 this season against a team he has never scored against?

Not for me. He has to earn the right. He hasn't even been getting the sitters on target. Goldson is more likely to score against them. 

It’s not just about the goals mate I know a few struggle to see the bigger picture.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I thought we played well tonight some nice football held the ball well at times. we’re no going to dominate every game from start to finish mate.  Was a good performance and a great three points, game ended up far more comfortable that people where expecting at the start of the tread 

I think we were ropey 1st 15 mins, then by and large controlled game and their chances came from our sloppiness. Timing of goal helped hugely 2nd half. But honestly think for the 1st hourish our stats for loss of possession would have been as high as they have been.

I'll take that every game though if 3 points gained.

Archived