Rangers starlet couldn't wipe the smile off his face after Gers contract decision

The Dude

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per the convention in RangersMedia, here is the content of that article, so if you would prefer not to give the site the hits, you have that option. 

or if you prefer to give the site your valuable click, you can...

https://www.rangersnews.uk/academy/rangers-starlet-couldnt-wipe-the-smile-off-his-face-after-gers-decision/

Northern Irish striker Chris McKee

Northern Irish striker Chris McKee has been in prolific form this season for the Rangers B team, and the 18-year-old admits he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face when he was handed a one-year extension to his Gers contract last month, keeping him at Ibrox until 2022.

The former Linfield and Glentoran youngster has been really impressive for the young Gers this season so far and told how he put the work in over lockdown to be the fittest he’s ever been.

McKee in action for Northern Ireland under-17s (Photo by Cees van Hoogdalem/Soccrates/Getty Images)

McKee thinks that helped secure a new deal at Ibrox and has turned him into a better player as he looks to continue climbing through the ranks for club and country.

“I must admit when they told me I was getting a new deal I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face!” McKee said [Irish FA]

“Over the lockdown I got myself super fit so it would give me an edge over the other players.

“I did loads of extra sessions during the break and I’m now the fittest I have ever been and I feel it’s made me a better player which helped in getting a new contract.”

McKee has represented Northern Ireland at under-19 level and he received his first under-21s call-up last month for a European Championship qualifier against Ukraine.

The striker led the line last night for the Colts as they booked their place in the City of Glasgow Cup final, helping the young Gers to a 2-0 win over Clyde.

While he’s still only 18, McKee looks to have a really promising future ahead of him and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him head out on loan soon in a bid to get some first-team minutes under his belt.

GettyImages-1131716921.jpg

Just now, govanblue said:

As per the convention in RangersMedia, here is the content of that articel, so if you would prefer not to give the site the hits, you have that option. 

https://www.rangersnews.uk/academy/rangers-starlet-couldnt-wipe-the-smile-off-his-face-after-gers-decision/

Northern Irish striker Chris McKee has been in prolific form this season for the Rangers B team, and the 18-year-old admits he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face when he was handed a one-year extension to his Gers contract last month, keeping him at Ibrox until 2022.

The former Linfield and Glentoran youngster has been really impressive for the young Gers this season so far and told how he put the work in over lockdown to be the fittest he’s ever been.

McKee in action for Northern Ireland under-17s (Photo by Cees van Hoogdalem/Soccrates/Getty Images)

McKee thinks that helped secure a new deal at Ibrox and has turned him into a better player as he looks to continue climbing through the ranks for club and country.

“I must admit when they told me I was getting a new deal I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face!” McKee said [Irish FA]

“Over the lockdown I got myself super fit so it would give me an edge over the other players.

“I did loads of extra sessions during the break and I’m now the fittest I have ever been and I feel it’s made me a better player which helped in getting a new contract.”

McKee has represented Northern Ireland at under-19 level and he received his first under-21s call-up last month for a European Championship qualifier against Ukraine.

The striker led the line last night for the Colts as they booked their place in the City of Glasgow Cup final, helping the young Gers to a 2-0 win over Clyde.

While he’s still only 18, McKee looks to have a really promising future ahead of him and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him head out on loan soon in a bid to get some first-team minutes under his belt.

Why would you not give the site hits? We can see from the url that it’s not come from any of the rags

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

As per the convention in RangersMedia, here is the content of that articel, so if you would prefer not to give the site the hits, you have that option. 

Certainly not 'convention' to republish an article in full against the writer's wishes, as has been established previously when articles hve been c&p.

10 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He sounds promising and impressive he's with the NI Under21s , so why not longer than a 1 year extension ? 

Think it's mainly just an age thing just now. Do year-to-year deals until they are ready to step up into the first-team squad and then a decision is made on a longer-term deal.

Or how about we discuss the matter at hand instead of bickering away like primary school kids?

One thing I will say is the thread titles do come across as clickbaity and its annoying when you dont know who it's about. Perhaps a tag on the thread title with the players name might alleviate clickbait criticism.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Or how about we discuss the matter at hand instead of bickering away like primary school kids?

One thing I will say is the thread titles do come across as clickbaity and its annoying when you dont know who it's about. Perhaps a tag on the thread title with the players name might alleviate clickbait criticism.

There is no news in the "news item".  If the articles had any real merit and value, surely other members would be posting the links, the way it is with other sites? but it's always the author.  That is the matter at hand.  He's exploiting us here for his own gain.  I have an issue with that.

Interested to see how McKee progresses. Wasn't someone who was spoken about much in the past few years with more attention seemingly going to Mebude, Young-Coombes etc. Hopefully he carries on his form and gets the opportunity to test himself on loan somewhere possibly.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wit you paying him out your own pocket ?

In seven years, none of the literally thousands of articles I've written have been behind a paywall or required a subscription. I've never ran a single crowd-funder/patreon/donation page and have steadfastly refused to sell any sort of Rangers merchandise and, with the exception of WATP Magazine, I've never asked fans to pay a single penny to read, watch or listen to any of the content I've produced or been involved in. Every penny I've made has either come from a salary paid to me as an employee, payment as a freelancer or ad revenue. Other folk have their own ways of monetising their content/brand and this is mines and as long as it is viable, I'll never ask anyone for a penny to access any of my content.

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

There is no news in the "news item".  If the articles had any real merit and value, surely other members would be posting the links, the way it is with other sites? but it's always the author.  That is the matter at hand.  He's exploiting us here for his own gain.  I have an issue with that.

Same. At least create some conversation regarding the topic. Even name the thread about the young lad and creating a discussion, post the article and then go from there. Constantly creating new threads and just posting links, there is no need for it otherwise I'll just come on and post news now.com every day

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Think it's mainly just an age thing just now. Do year-to-year deals until they are ready to step up into the first-team squad and then a decision is made on a longer-term deal.

I see . Thought it might be good to tie promising ones down to longer terms but I suppose given how few actually break through , it probably makes sense . 

3 minutes ago, govanblue said:

You dont like the dude, we get it. If he annoys you that much, ignore his content.

4 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Same. At least create some conversation regarding the topic. Even name the thread about the young lad and creating a discussion, post the article and then go from there. Constantly creating new threads and just posting links, there is no need for it otherwise I'll just come on and post news now.com every day

I've posted a couple of articles over the last few days (one today). If people want to discuss the content of it, then have at it. If they just want to red the link and move on, fair enough.

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I see . Thought it might be good to tie promising ones down to longer terms but I suppose given how few actually break through , it probably makes sense . 

Aye, saves you being stuck with the 23 year-old who you thought was going to be hot shit at 17 and gave him a nice big contract.

More often than not, I see the Rangers News site as 'yesterday's news'. It is merely c&p and not journalism.

Still, sometimes I miss things so I'm not really complaining.

I watched a bit of the Colts game yesterday and was looking out for McKee. The camera was far away and there was no commentary so it was hard to pick anyone out other than Middleton & NYC.

I was impressed by #7 & # 3 if the dude or anyone else knows who they were.

Archived