Rangers should follow SPFL rivals' lead after innovative partnership announced

Hibs have announced an innovative strategic partnership with SPFL League Two side Stenhousemuir this afternoon – and Rangers should consider following their Premiership rivals’ lead in establishing their own domestic partnership.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/rangers-should-follow-spfl-rivals-lead-after-innovative-partnership-announced/

I honestly dont really see the benefit in a feeder club in the lower leagues.

Maybe if it was a championship club with decent facilities, but there aint many of them, and even less who are not complete cunts.

I really dont think we should be aspiring to taking player feedback reports from the 3rd coach at Stenhousemuir, no offence to the guy, but im not really sure he would have the kind of incite that we would need.

If it was our own Colt team, with them using our facilities and having our own coaches, I could see it working. Doing a deal with Alloa sounds absolute ball cancer though.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly dont really see the benefit in a feeder club in the lower leagues.

Maybe if it was a championship club with decent facilities, but there aint many of them, and even less who are not complete cunts.

I really dont think we should be aspiring to taking player feedback reports from the 3rd coach at Stenhousemuir, no offence to the guy, but im not really sure he would have the kind of incite that we would need.

If it was our own Colt team, with them using our facilities and having our own coaches, I could see it working. Doing a deal with Alloa sounds absolute ball cancer though.

Would absolutely much prefer a standalone Colts team but in the absence of it, retaining as much control while getting boys playing senior football is a good thing for me.

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Not for me! We need to push for a colt team in the league set up! Until then, we should have enough clout to be able to pick and choose where our players go & what level of involvement they have! 

Colts is still being pushed but isnt going to happen in the short-term at least. This would at least be a short-term fix. Its good being able to pick where they players go but being able to continue to provide the best analysis etc while at a club that might not ordinarily be able to afford it can only help them kick on

onefootwillie likes this

The reason why leagues with big clubs push colts teams instead of this concept is that doing a deal with a specific lower league club immediately gives that club a huge advantage. We do a deal with a different club and give them our best young players. Other sides surely wouldn’t be happy if Middleton, Mebude or Kennedy rocked up at one side. This is why I can’t see the logic of it or why the governing bodies don’t support the colts idea - where colts sides are ineligible for promotion so wouldn’t disadvantage teams in those leagues, but would bring more money and supporters. It is common all over the world and I see is just another backwards thinking move in our game. 

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

So now I'm not allowed to express my opinions.

I see.

Will this upcoming ban actually make his threads invisible to me?  I'd happily take that. :tu: 

If you have such a problem with The Dude then why don’t you just block him because you do know you can do that yeah?

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If you have such a problem with The Dude then why don’t you just block him because you do know you can do that yeah?

Blocking doesn't work very well.  I gave up on that years ago.

Ach, I'll just need to find a workaround I suppose.

BTW - this is an interesting article...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/12/23/the-story-of-rangers-win-over-st-johnstone-in-pictures-as-league-leaders-cruise-in-perth/

That kind of setup (and setup it would certainly be) would almost certainly lead to conflicts of interest and in my opinion,should always be outlawed. 

Would lead to the elite teams in the country having a heirachy structure in the league, or even worse the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona Chelsea, ManCity investing in lots of smaller leagues for their own ultimate end.

There's also a precedent, remember when Real Madrid and their second team Castilla both played in the Spanish cup final, leading to both playing in the top two Europen competitions at other Spanish teams expense ? 

Taken to an exrtreme would allow just one club to effectively have a monopoly on competition in their own league.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Hibs have announced an innovative strategic partnership with SPFL League Two side Stenhousemuir this afternoon – and Rangers should consider following their Premiership rivals’ lead in establishing their own domestic partnership.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/rangers-should-follow-spfl-rivals-lead-after-innovative-partnership-announced/

Reported for spamming

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Development feeder club.. Aberdeen? 😎

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Some of our up and coming kids are at a level where they can play for teams in our own division. Surely it’s preferable for them to play at as high a level as possible. 

I think it's more about doing what helps a larger number than just a few. There's probably only a couple who are at the stage of being able to consistently play in the Premiership just now (McCrorie, Middleton) although you're never going to get a formal partnership with someone in the same division.

Howsitgoing likes this