Our most important run of games for years.

Graham

Starting tonight, we have run of 8 - many tricky- straight premier league games in 35 days, before we break for the Scottish Cup - and I'll be on edge for all 35 of them because how we do will be instrumental in the destination of the title. 3 huge games building up to the 2nd of January and if we can win these 4, we will be in a fantastic position to solidify our position over the month of January and potentially have 1 foot over the line. I am, like many, treating these as one game and one cup final at a time, but still have my mind of how important these games will be.

St Johnstone Away - 23/12

Hibs Home - 26/12

St Mirren Away - 30/12

celtic Home - 2/1

Aberdeen Away - 10/1

Motherwell Away - 17/1

Ross County Home - 23/1

Hibs Away - 27/1

I can't think of a period of games any more important than this in my time (conclusion to the UC final season being the next and too young for the hunt for 10)

Huge 5 weeks - And I believe we will do it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Starting tonight, we have run of 8 - many tricky- straight premier league games in 35 days, before we break for the Scottish Cup - and I'll be on edge for all 35 of them because how we do will be instrumental in the destination of the title. 3 huge games building up to the 2nd of January and if we can win these 4, we will be in a fantastic position to solidify our position over the month of January and potentially have 1 foot over the line. I am, like many, treating these as one game and one cup final at a time, but still have my mind of how important these games will be.

St Johnstone Away - 23/12

Hibs Home - 26/12

St Mirren Away - 30/12

celtic Home - 2/1

Aberdeen Away - 10/1

Motherwell Away - 17/1

Ross County Home - 23/1

Hibs Away - 27/1

I can't think of a period of games any more important than this in my time (conclusion to the UC final season being the next and too young for the hunt for 10)

Huge 5 weeks - And I believe we will do it.

If we win all them, we win the league.

I just cant help but feel that there will be one slip up though, and I think that if we limit it to one bad result, it will still be okay. 2 or 3 and the picture changes massively.

We need to be destroying celtic moral by just looking like a juggernaut. If we grind out the wins, they will completely collapse and Lennon will start lashing out at his team even more.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That January schedule is very tough by the random computer fixture list.

Horrendous start to the season.

Horrendous January (above contributes to it and when we have typically struggled last few seasons)

Old firm game very late in the season, so they had better chance of fans back.

We are really unlucky with that computer, eh?

30 minutes ago, Graham said:

Horrendous January (above contributes to it and when we have typically struggled last few seasons)

Don't forget before the split we twice play away against all the other teams in the top 6 last season at the point the season was stopped.

The scum only play twice away to the bottom 6 plus promoted team.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't forget before the split we twice play away against all the other teams in the top 6 last season at the point the season was stopped.

Didn't even notice this... Of the 33 games is our split 17 away or 17 home? 

46 minutes ago, Graham said:

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aye, St. Johnstone finished above Hibs on PPG but Hibs had more points and are generally a better team. The random computer generator has given us 2 Away and 1 at home prior to the split vs celtic, Aberdeen, Hibernian, Livingston and Motherwell. Those 5 would be in every cunts predictions at the start of the season to make up the top 6 and will probably finish that way unless Dundee United can sneak in ahead of Livingston.

We are most likely heading into a split where we have played the other 5 teams Away twice already. Reeking.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

It's an important run of games right up until we have accumulated enough points to secure our 55th title. IMO

Ofcourse. Just there are quite a few hard games in there and not much of a breather.

2 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

Aye, St. Johnstone finished above Hibs on PPG but Hibs had more points and are generally a better team. The random computer generator has given us 2 Away and 1 at home prior to the split vs celtic, Aberdeen, Hibernian, Livingston and Motherwell. Those 5 would be in every cunts predictions at the start of the season to make up the top 6 and will probably finish that way unless Dundee United can sneak in ahead of Livingston.

We are most likely heading into a split where we have played the other 5 teams Away twice already. Reeking.

It’s not going to plan for them mate .We play like tonight and we should be good enough to beat any team in Scotland .Away or Away again 😄👍

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s not going to plan for them mate .We play like tonight and we should be good enough to beat any team in Scotland .Away or Away again 😄👍

once we went a goal ahead tnite we looked very composed and comfortable the game was never in doubt we should have scored more but happy with 3

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We need a striker that can poach a goal, the Roofe goal was exactly this. Right place at the right time!

We've missed this. Morelos scores more half chances than chances.. Or not at all at the moment. Poaching goals and half way line pingers from KR

10 minutes ago, billscott said:

once we went a goal ahead tnite we looked very composed and comfortable the game was never in doubt we should have scored more but happy with 3

Very content tonight Bill

That was potentially a banana skin .Very confident for the weekend now 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Very content tonight Bill

That was potentially a banana skin .Very confident for the weekend now 

I posted this today mainly out of nervousness and something to pass the time.. I've had a few beers now and we've just won - so now relatively confident for the weekend too. But come 11am Saturday morning I'll be bricking it again. I want to put a tick beside tonight's game but I think that's tempting fate 😂

It's important just to take a game st a time, most important game for me is Hibs at the weekend. 

in saying that, itll be important to beat celtic (obviously) however itll be just as important to follow that performance up with a convincing win ay Pittodrie and Fir Park. Otherwise itd be a pointless win, quite like what happened last year. 

There wont be any easy games here on; every team needs to be taken seriously. They know what it means to us and they'll up the ante as they always do. Need to be better than our best

Depending what happens January, we can safely say the outcome of the league with gooe confidence! 

Archived