*****The Official Rangers v Hibs Match Thread*****

Brian Fantana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs on a 10 game unbeaten run so we'll have to keep focused for this one . 

Positives from yesterday is Aribo and Hagi have stepped up their game and will give SG a selection headache and Helander was solid at the back . 

A hard fought win for Gers . 

Hopefully we see Jack returning to the the squad and he makes the bench. I'm not too fussed if he gets any game time but it would be good to at least see he is getting closer to first team action as we need all our best players fit for the run in.

I was looking at his stats before the St Johnstone game with emphasis on goals conceded as prior to that game we had a few games where we didn't get a clean sheet. Ryan Jack has played 13 league games this season and has yet to concede a goal. In the 5 games he sat out in the league (prior to last night) we as a team have conceded 5 goals.

It may be a coincidence but even before I saw those stats I always felt that we were more solid defensively when he plays. I remember in one match thread I was complaining that Tav had been caught up field on a number of occasions and only had Jack to thank that cover was provided. Someone else pointed out that this is tactical and allows our fullbacks to do as much attacking as they do which I now agree with.

Anyway. Same team for me on Saturday. I'd like to see Itten start but I'm struggling with who to drop so same team.

Alfie should play. Also big Fil should play. I know Balogan has done well and big Fil is a bit of an old style centre half but we just look a more confident side when he plays. In his interviews you can see he is relaxed and confident and maybe this transfers to the team

Think we’ll be fired up for this one, Kamara and Aribo will pull the strings and hibs will be showing up for the SPFL shite they are. Again like I said before the St Johnstone game I think this will be more comfortable that some are expecting.

There’s not a team in the country can live with an on form Rangers. 

All of the Saints up in heaven, especially Jude of that ilk will have a  busy couple of days  fielding all of the prayers for a Hibs win. Beads will be rattling furiously, candles burning brightly. Despite this, play as we can then we need fear nothing, not even Divine intervention.

Obviously this game is seen to be the most difficult of the run up to THEM, Ross,with one eye on Plopp's job will have Hibs well up for this, we will have to match their commitment and let our talent take care of the rest. This truly is the game where we can sgnal our intent, hopefuly the players go out and take the chance to dash more than a few desperate hopes.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

All of the Saints up in heaven, especially Jude of that ilk will have a  busy couple of days  fielding all of the prayers for a Hibs win. Beads will be rattling furiously, candles burning brightly. Despite this, play as we can then we need fear nothing, not even Divine intervention.

Obviously this game is seen to be the most difficult of the run up to THEM, Ross,with one eye on Plopp's job will have Hibs well up for this, we will have to match their commitment and let our talent take care of the rest. This truly is the game where we can sgnal our intent, hopefuly the players go out and take the chance to dash more than a few desperate hopes.

Catholic prayers are ignored because GOD ONLY LOVES PROTESTANTS

5 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Hibs will be overly physical and the ref will let them away with it.

At the end of the day it's just the 3 points that matter. I am sure we will get them. 

Agreed, We always seem to get these physically aggressive games before an old firm game.  I think it will be 2-1 and hopefully no injuries.

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Yep this is how I'd go. Or even Itten, Hibs will press us high and we'll need to go longer. 

St Mirren pressed us high and stuck someone tight on Golson , we can’t afford to be playing slowly from the back. We were sharper v St J and it paid dividends.

Archived