*****The Official Rangers v Hibs Match Thread*****

Brian Fantana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, .Williamson. said:

Heโ€™s the type of player heโ€™s always going to go in and out of being in form. He needs to change his play up a bit because heโ€™s quite predictableย 

That's his issue. His ability to change his play when it isn't working out. Every team in the league has him sussed and he has fuck all to reply with.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

60 mins for Kent I'd go with. Put Hagi left and Roofe right.

ย 

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Morelos for Kent with Roofe going out wide

I hear youse, though if we get a least one more i'd like to protect/give a rest to Roofe, he's so important to us at the moment.ย 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Heโ€™s the type of player heโ€™s always going to go in and out of being in form. He needs to change his play up a bit because heโ€™s quite predictableย 

They keep showing him inside and he hasnt once tried to go outside.ย 

Very predictable and his control has been off. But could very well be the guy who scores the 2nd.ย 

We need to take advantage of the spaces that will be left as they push forward, so Kent should stay on to exploit this. We're playing fine and pretty dominant but another goal or two would be very welcome. Don't fancy a squeaky bum time with five minutes to go and it's 1-0.ย 

Watching the replay of that goal again you can see that Gogic is all over Aribo and fouling him like fuck as he made the pass. I mentioned it a few times but Hibs have been doing that all game and getting away with it. Most of the timeย we are retaining possession but it is stopping some of our moves and not allowing us to do our usual free-flowing attacking play. Needs nipped in the bud. Gogic getting booked at the end of the firsthalf should help.

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He's having a good season so far, a few MOTM'S, including the last game.

Thereโ€™s a few on here that just talk pish about him tbf (surprisingly not me :lol:)

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Scotland player in next year no doubtย 

Already played for them I think mate, certainly been in a squad.

The one thing about Kent is he's still involved in a lot of what we do.ย ย 

OK the final product isn't what it was , but he's still contributing with these wee one twos around their penalty box and its keeping the move going .ย 

Their only chances of scoring are dead balls and their leftย  back has Tav on toast.

For us I want the tempo to be raised to what it was for 10 mins around the goal.

Goldson is a top defender but he is so pedantic on the ball. Hence they stand off him and let him have it.ย 

Just now, Siam69 said:

ย 

I hear youse, though if we get a least one more i'd like to protect/give a rest to Roofe, he's so important to us at the moment.ย 

Unless we are 3 goals up then Roofe has to stay on. This Hibs team are still very dangerous and a goal back for them would put us in a precarious position. Roofe stays on until we are very comfortable. Kent and Hagi are much more expendable.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

its the giving the ball away cheaply, he near cost us a few times.ย  teams put two and three players on him, its understandable but the way he gives the ball away is going to cost us.ย 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

They keep showing him inside and he hasnt once tried to go outside.ย 

Very predictable and his control has been off. But could very well be the guy who scores the 2nd.ย 

Aye I had literally just said Hagi is a very frustrating player and he scored about 30 seconds later so Kent will hopefully get a hatrick nowย 

I don't think Kent is having as bad a game as some are suggesting. Yes he's given possession away a few times but equally I have been sitting here watching and wondering how he has managed to keep the ball when he has looked odds-on to lose it when he has used his skill to make some room in a tight area. He was involved in the build-up to the goal too.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I don't think Kent is having as bad a game as some are suggesting. Yes he's given possession away a few times but equally I have been sitting here watching and wondering how he has managed to keep the ball when he has looked odds-on to lose it when he has used his skill to make some room in a tight area. He was involved in the build-up to the goal too.

Iโ€™m with you, he set up the goal, thought he was doing ok.ย 

Archived