Aribo 7.5

Kamara 7.5

Hagi 7

Roofe 7

Kent 6

Arfield 6

Zungu. 6

SuperAlf  7.5

Arfield done nothing in 5 minutes. Zungu did next to nothing. Kent did nothing all game. Goldson and Balogun didn't do much wrong.

All 6/10? 🤣🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, Vision said:

Roofe's a striker

He isn't nailed down as a striker though. In fact the last 2 games and only 2 other games this season (Hamilton away and Dundee United at home I think) are the only games he's played as a striker. 

That's 9 or 10 goals from the inside forward positions, something we could be using from Kent's inside forward position right now. 

No need to persist with Kent hoping he comes good. Been a passenger for too much of the season now. 

Just now, King Jela said:

He isn't nailed down as a striker though. In fact the last 2 games and only 2 other games this season (Hamilton away and Dundee United at home I think) are the only games he's played as a striker. 

That's 9 or 10 goals from the inside forward positions, something we could be using from Kent's inside forward position right now. 

No need to persist with Kent hoping he comes good. Been a passenger for too much of the season now. 

It's all about opinions :lol: if we put Roofe out there, then we're relying on Alfie to find his shooting boots and to essentially do what Roofe has been doing the last couple of games. It's a catch 22.

Although Roofe can play the position it would only really be on a temporary basis, Kent doesn't just play LW he tends to do a lot of roaming in different positions as well.

Just now, Vision said:

It's all about opinions :lol: if we put Roofe out there, then we're relying on Alfie to find his shooting boots and to essentially do what Roofe has been doing the last couple of games. It's a catch 22.

Although Roofe can play the position it would only really be on a temporary basis, Kent doesn't just play LW he tends to do a lot of roaming in different positions as well.

I know he does. That's why I called it the 'inside forward position'. Don't see any problem with putting Roofe out there, even if temporarily. 

When Morelos plays, regardless of form, we seem to win.  

Trying Roofe out there with Morelos up top and Hagi to his right and bringing Kent or Itten on to mix it up if its not working is the point of having a big squad, is it not? 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I know he does. That's why I called it the 'inside forward position'. Don't see any problem with putting Roofe out there, even if temporarily. 

When Morelos plays, regardless of form, we seem to win.  

Trying Roofe out there with Morelos up top and Hagi to his right and bringing Kent or Itten on to mix it up if its not working is the point of having a big squad, is it not? 

Morelos started in the 2 domestic games we dropped points.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We didn't even draw when he was missing vs St Mirren :lol:

Good effort but. 

But that's a different argument. You said initially if he plays we tend to win. We didn't in 2 games we've dropped points.

Now you're talking about us losing domestically when he didnt play. You're accurate, we didn't in the cup. 

Its not any type of effort, there's 3 domestic games we've not won and he started 2 and missed one. Oh and we know why he missed that one. Thats factual.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But that's a different argument. You said initially if he plays we tend to win. We didn't in 2 games we've dropped points.

Now you're talking about us losing domestically when he didnt play. You're accurate, we didn't in the cup. 

Its not any type of effort, there's 3 domestic games we've not won and he started 2 and missed one. Oh and we know why he missed that one. Thats factual.

We do tend to win if he plays though, do you think those 2 draws disprove that? 

If he's played 17 or so games and drawn only 2 that's still a team that tends to win more, no? 

Its a daft point to cherry pick and debate about. You've obviously had a shite Christmas. 

1 hour ago, The Blues said:

Player ratings

McGregor 7

Tav. 6.5

Goldson  6

Balogan  6

Barisic 6.5

Davis 7

Aribo 7.5

Kamara 7.5

Hagi 7

Roofe 7

Kent 6

Arfield 6

Zungu. 6

SuperAlf  7.5

I thought Balogun was rotten today. I know we had a clean sheet but he looks slow and disinterested at times. Kent also was way below par. 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Roofe has before and can fill the inside left position. The notion that Kent is somehow irreplacable is nonsense. 

He's well overdue getting dropped. 

want every player to do well but said on another thread Kent is doing nothing to guarantee him a start every week  

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

We do tend to win if he plays though, do you think those 2 draws disprove that? 

If he's played 17 or so games and drawn only 2 that's still a team that tends to win more, no? 

Its a daft point to cherry pick and debate about. You've obviously had a shite Christmas. 

We've barely lost or dropped points all season. To highlight his influence in that we win when he plays, despite him starting the 2 games we dropped points, is nonsense to make him seem more valuable. We tend to win when any player plays this season ffs 🤣

I've had a great Xmas cheers 😁

1 hour ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

I thought Balogun was rotten today. I know we had a clean sheet but he looks slow and disinterested at times. Kent also was way below par. 

Same, he seems to be caught out a lot and uses his pace to get back, id rather he didn't get caught out at first 

Today wasn't pretty at all but we got the win and that is all that matters. These are the wins we forget about but they mean just as much as the 3/4/8 nil wins.

I wasn't happy with the line-up and would have preferred us starting with Helander, Arfield and Morelos because I think at Ibrox we play much better against domestic opposition with one holder and more attacking options.

Despite this we still missed some decent chances, especially from set pieces, and we could have been 3 or 4 up if it wasn't for Hibs' goalie. Even Andy Walker admitted as much fs.

More than anything today, and the last fortnight, I've noticed that teams really are trying to catch us out full back to full back defensively but teams just cannot get the balance right with it apart from St Mirren and that night we got it wrong and weren't up for it.

Teams are happy to sit in for as long as possible against us but when they try to hit is down the wings they have nothing centrally becuase we out-number them or they dont have enough time to get up the park. It happened against Dundee Utd, Motherwell, St Mirren and today. I'm happy for us to give up the wings like that rather than central positions inside the posts. It must be working considering we're conceding 1 goal in every 4 matches.

Overall a big 3 points considering how the match went. I say it every season but if we win 8 games in three 10 game blocks and 7 of the last 8 we'll win the league or be very unlucky not to. It also helps me not get too down hearted when we drop points!

The first 10 we won 8 and this 10 we have won all of them so we are far and away above my expectations and that's taking out the huge points advantage we have just now. For me we run our own race in the league.

If we go and win at least 8 of the next 10 in the league we will be extremely close to the title by the start of March.

On to St Mirren!

Archived