Arfield Injury

Brackley Bluenose

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

And when he does get stuck in it’s generally a measured & thought out tackle/message rather than a rash lunge out of nowhere.  

I agree with what you’re saying but I haven’t read the full thread so I’m not sure if you’re comparing him to someone?

It feels like it’s possibly Morelos but he is a player we absolutely need to be starting next week. We are weaker without him and just have to take the risk with his temperament 

33 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The only change I would make there is Balogun for Helander. Whilst I like Helander his lack of pace worries me especially if they play the Thumb and Edouard. 

Helanders positional sense and raging of the game is good though, but don't know if that would be enough. 

Aside from Benfica away, Helander looks the much better defender to me. His positioning, his ability in 1v1s, his marking and even his threat in the opposition box are all far superior for me.

Balogun’s certainly quicker but against better players, I think he looks less secure. Even against lesser teams, including yesterday, he gives off a feeling of being a wee bit vulnerable. 

Big Fil has strolled it against them in the past and being left footed, brings better balance and passing lanes down that side.

Think out team for the game against the tarriers pretty much picks itself now tbh 

McGregor 

Tav

Barisic 

Goldson

Helander 

Davis 

Aribo 

Kamara 

Roofe 

Morelos 

Kent 

surely that will be the team only other player you could maybe make a case for is Hagi but don’t think he’ll start 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree with what you’re saying but I haven’t read the full thread so I’m not sure if you’re comparing him to someone?

It feels like it’s possibly Morelos but he is a player we absolutely need to be starting next week. We are weaker without him and just have to take the risk with his temperament 

Not comparing him to anyone tbh.  
Just feel that he has that wee bit more nous in general regards to when & where to put the boot in.  

11 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Aside from Benfica away, Helander looks the much better defender to me. His positioning, his ability in 1v1s, his marking and even his threat in the opposition box are all far superior for me.

Balogun’s certainly quicker but against better players, I think he looks less secure. Even against lesser teams, including yesterday, he gives off a feeling of being a wee bit vulnerable. 

Big Fil has strolled it against them in the past and being left footed, brings better balance and passing lanes down that side.

He looked a bit suss against Motherwell, I think it was, where he was caught out with lack of pace. 

I don't disagree with you however, they both have their pros and cons, so I'll trust whoever the manager picks. 

3 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Just feel that he has that wee bit more nous in general regards to when & where to put the boot in.  

Fair enough mate, as I said I didn’t read the whole thread. Just seen a few others saying about leaving Morelos out in the Morelos thread and wasn’t sure if that’s what you were getting at

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The idea of Zungu playing against them next weekend gives me the fear.

Looks for far too much time on the ball. Shouldn’t have been near the St Mirren game and shouldn’t in a million years be near the derby

Also, he’s clumsy in the challenge - if he plays against them, it’ll be a red card waiting to happen.

I seem to remember a lot of games against celtic in the 90s where we were worried when a key player was missing, and it ended up not mattering and we got the job done. 

I realise that was a golden time and what a lot of options we had, but we still relied on key players and stressed about them being out of action. We have a strong squad and I think we'll fuck them. 

On 28/12/2020 at 01:39, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The only change I would make there is Balogun for Helander. Whilst I like Helander his lack of pace worries me especially if they play the Thumb and Edouard. 

Helanders positional sense and reading of the game is good though, but don't know if that would be enough. 

See I think Balogun gets caught out of position much more than Helander and his pace makes up for it.  Helander also has old firm experience which I think is huge and he was part of the team that strolled the first old firm.  He is also more of a threat at set pieces where they have been shown to be weak imo.  

14 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

I seem to remember a lot of games against celtic in the 90s where we were worried when a key player was missing, and it ended up not mattering and we got the job done. 

I realise that was a golden time and what a lot of options we had, but we still relied on key players and stressed about them being out of action. We have a strong squad and I think we'll fuck them. 

Andy Dibble coming in for Goram comes to mind immediately!  What a game that was.

2 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Arfield and Jack will be huge losses especially with our run of games coming in January

Have time to bring in cover at least. Got to be a few options available. 

With Jack it's about time he either picks us or Scotland because he's not got the body to do both and we pay his wages. Too long he's sat out since he's came here with injuries. 

On 27/12/2020 at 18:22, Amokachi said:

If there’s one thing I don’t think Arfield has when it comes to tackling it’s nous

He is about the least subtle player at fouling we have, his attempted tackle that caused the injury was the case in point. Often he’ll do things like pull a players shirt but then just continue to hang off the players shirt until the referee blows for the blatant foul 

He will be a big miss in the OF for his work rate and willingness to get stuck in so hopefully the injury isn’t too bad 

Archived