*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Im worried about next two games now, we dont look impressive, badly need to get any sort of win in this one to not hand the tarriers a boost going into the OF, and tbh right now id take 4 points out the next 2 games

We’ve won 12 league games on the bounce. We were very good in the second half v Motherwell, training session on wednesday night there, very good first half today. 

that’s incredibly harsh mate

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve won 12 league games on the bounce. We were very good in the second half v Motherwell, training session on wednesday night there, very good first half today. 

Defo.

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Was going to say, just won 12 in a row and folk are talking about accepting draws. Absolutely nothing for us to fear, and accepting 4 points out of 6 is a shite attitude if you’re challenging for a title 

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Think the whole leagues figured out his game and he cant change........

Happens with a lot of wingers after defenders in the league suss out the tricks and step-overs. Would say he has still been a big game player in some recent OF’s and should play.

41 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The space in behind Tav today would have been punished had we been playing them today. They'll target that next week.

St Mirren will be looking to exploit it on Wednesday, never mind the scum next week. 

Not being funny mate but Tav has been leaving that kind of space all season. The reason we get away with is because our deep lying midfielders squeeze across the pitch and press that space when the opposition have the ball preventing the centre halves from getting isolated. They’re extremely well versed in it, to the point it works like clockwork hence why we’ve scored so many goals yet conceded so few. 

To be expected, our form has dipped the last 3 or 4 games yet we are still managing to win in the league.

I would rest Davis & Kent for the OF and play Zungu & Morelos.

In a perfect world, I would rest Tav. he looks tired in the last two games. But he is our captain and he must march on.

My preference is Helander but I thought Balogun was excellent today. Tough call on that one.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

To be expected, our form has dipped the last 3 or 4 games yet we are still managing to win in the league.

I would rest Davis & Kent for the OF and play Zungu & Morelos.

In a perfect world, I would rest Tav. he looks tired in the last two games. But he is our captain and he must march on.

My preference is Helander but I thought Balogun was excellent today. Tough call on that one.

Fuck that that's no a game for him imo 

I would go with a slight tweak this game. They were compact and got at our fullbacks missed Morelos. 

Kent needs rested. I thought he was poor today. Hagi in good form

Morelos

Hagi                             Roofe

Aribo   Davis  Kamara

Tav  Goldson   Balogun  Barisic

Mcgregor 

40 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yeah there is positives, however defensive lapses are creeping in again that werent there 6 weeks ago, better teams take advantage of them (tarriers especially seem to have got a bit of wind behind them going forward) 

Recent games have shown signs of tiredness or something creeping into our game, motherwell goal we were sleeping, st johnstone were the better team in the final 3rd till their keeper sold the opener, today we were utter dung for most of the game, you say the first half we were good, thats debatable, average imo, definitely should be better especially at home

To me something is missing, canny put my finger on it but something has changed in the dynamic of the team, we seem slower, more sluggish and at times out of ideas when on the ball

As i said 4 points from next two games imo id bite someones hand off for, means we either finish the OF game still 16 points clear or we are 17 clear depending on how the results went, 

39 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Was going to say, just won 12 in a row and folk are talking about accepting draws. Absolutely nothing for us to fear, and accepting 4 points out of 6 is a shite attitude if you’re challenging for a title 

Why when that 4 points keeps you 16 ahead or puts you 17 ahead, 

To me the most important thing is to finish next sat 16 points clear minimum, that means they require snookers, so if that was offered to me right now id take it, 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why when that 4 points keeps you 16 ahead or puts you 17 ahead, 

To me the most important thing is to finish next sat 16 points clear minimum, that means they require snookers, so if that was offered to me right now id take it, 

Why would you accept draws after going 12 on the bounce? Why even think we’re only going to draw one of these games? Expectation should be maximum points 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah there is positives, however defensive lapses are creeping in again that werent there 6 weeks ago, better teams take advantage of them (tarriers especially seem to have got a bit of wind behind them going forward) 

Recent games have shown signs of tiredness or something creeping into our game, motherwell goal we were sleeping, st johnstone were the better team in the final 3rd till their keeper sold the opener, today we were utter dung for most of the game, you say the first half we were good, thats debatable, average imo, definitely should be better especially at home

To me something is missing, canny put my finger on it but something has changed in the dynamic of the team, we seem slower, more sluggish and at times out of ideas when on the ball

As i said 4 points from next two games imo id bite someones hand off for, means we either finish the OF game still 16 points clear or we are 17 clear depending on how the results went, 

Missing Ryan Jack. 

Archived