*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Doubt we'll start Bassey and Zungu so if we go with Borna and our normal midfield yeah I think we'll have enough with or without Morelos, though id hope he starts for Kent.

Arfield was anonymous too last game and he'll also miss out so I'd say at least 3 changes from the last time even if Morelos doesn't start which hopefully strengthens us from the line up at the defeat.

All outstanding points.

30 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

If Ryan Jack doesn't get any minutes then I can't see him being thrown back into starting eleven v septic.  Which is a huge blow imo

I took from SGs post match that Jack won't be back until after the OF, although he did say no time scale.

57 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Bizarrely he might bring in Jones for this . I dont think he should but he'd run them ragged. 

Try rest Kent, Davis  and roofe for Saturday.  Start Alfredo too 

Tried resting players in the League Cup game and we all know what happened

I'm concerned about this game. It will be a tough one mentally for the players.

I dont think we've played really well since Ross County away. St Johnstone was decent but we were lucky to go 1 up when we did.

We need to start strong, get 2 goals and manage the game well. St Mirren have nothing to lose and will have confidence from the last result.

22 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Is it fuck. No sure if folk realise this but we have Sheep (A), Motherwell (A), Ross county (H) and Hibs (A) after the next 2. 

I’ll comfortably say if we win all of them it’s finished, a seriously huge ask. Even 7 wins and a draw would be excellent. 

We would be 10 points ahead 11 with GD. Kill them off this week. They will not recover from it. 

Archived