*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Like everyone else, was a bit concerned by this game.

Nerves are gone every game at the moment unless we're at least 2-0 up and cruising.

But was quite routine,  nothing fancy, but certainly nothing worrying either.  

Clean sheet, no injuries, Roofe and Morelos scoring was great for us. 

Taigs are over their sticky patch now, though 7 points lost over it. 

Won't be an easy game, but it's must win for them, pressure on them for first time in years.

I think they're just about to enter a tough little run of fixtures.

Admittedly they have won a few now but you would struggle to hand pick better fixtures to get back to winning ways over the last few weeks. Still got to win them though. Thought Utd could have caused them problems but not to be.

Regardless, we just need to keep winning.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Obviously would prefer it if we blew teams away every week, but in a 36 game season or whatever it is, there's no chance of that happening. 

3 points, clean sheet and no injuries isn't sugar coating it. That wins league titles. If the clean sheets and wins start drying up, then I will worry. The form will pick up again, but the fact we are grinding victories shows a tougher side to the squad and a will to win.

Totally agree, let’s not forget this is their first defeat in 13 games, albeit we really should have seen an end to that run in the cup. Hib's were on an unbeaten run prior to us dealing with that at the weekend also. Not vintage performances but stubborn teams to break down and necessary wins in hopefully our way to 55...

The amount of overreactions you get on here after every one bad pass or shot or dribble does my head in not even Messi literally plays perfect 90mins every game.

Thought it was solid enough today thats 13 straight wins on the trot now and we go into this game the favourites and deservedly really happy with what we have done since losing in the cup.

On to the scum and finish their little run of form.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think they're just about to enter a tough little run of fixtures.

Admittedly they have won a few now but you would struggle to hand pick better fixtures to get back to winning ways over the last few weeks. Still got to win them though. Thought Utd could have caused them problems but not to be.

Regardless, we just need to keep winning.

Love to see Lennon change things for our game, Brown and Duffers in, and we skelp them.

He thinks had it bad from Bears, those cunts would want to string him up :lol:

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

They exploited keystone cops defending where 2 guys under no pressure let it rattle around between them til they lost it.

Even then, It needed a deflection to put it in.

I’d say they were sharp to make it happen, but it was a long way off great!

Almost like you are unhappy with how this and similar goals are scored every week. It was a goal from pressure applied from us. Great goal and had to be executed by 2 guys who were on top form in an attacking manner.

19 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Let's no sugar coat that game by saying 3 points, clean sheet and no injuries - that was fuckin terrible

It has been a gruelling few months and we're now starting to get stretched in the squad in midfield, but the players are giving everything and answering everything in the league. 

I said before the last few games if we won 4/4 I'd be delighted and I'd believe we have 1 hand on the title. We're 1 win away from that. 

There is absolutely nothing negative to speak about us today. We're doing the job we have to do. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Love to see Lennon change things for our game, Brown and Duffers in, and we skelp them.

He thinks had it bad from Bears, those cunts would want to string him up :lol:

The fact Hazard, Soro, Turnbull etc have done okay to well against shitty teams has probably made his job all the more difficult.

I don't see any tarrier selection that scares me. Soro and Turnbull old firm debuts? I'll take that. Brown playing? I'll take that! His head will be fried not knowing who to play especially knowing it's all gonna be on him!

Buzzing for Saturday!

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

The fact Hazard, Soro, Turnbull etc have done okay to well against shitty teams has probably made his job all the more difficult.

I don't see any tarrier selection that scares me. Soro and Turnbull old firm debuts? I'll take that. Brown playing? I'll take that! His head will be fried not knowing who to play especially knowing it's all gonna be on him!

Buzzing for Saturday!

I think he'll play Brown. I think he'll regret it and get slaughtered for it.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think he'll play Brown. I think he'll regret it and get slaughtered for it.

I think he will. I think he may even play them all. I don't think he'll play 2 up top although to be honest you can never 2nd guess that gimp.

I think Christie might get dropped as well. I can see them using the following 6 in a more conservative formation.

McGregor Brown Soro

Turnbull Elyounoussi

Edouard

26 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Are people forgetting that sometimes that is what is required to win titles . It’s not 38 games of total free flowing football . Sometimes you have to grind out the shite . As long as we keep winning I don’t give a fuck 

No team in World football does plays free flowing silky winning football evert week.. its total fantasy. Its amazing that football fans, that see this every season, forget it so easily. Nothing wrong with today. Saturday will be a completely different game. Gauging anything on todays performance is silly.. going to Paisly is never ever pretty. We CAN do pretty, and we will, but we are able to adjust to ugly and effective as today proved. Bring them on, I say!

Archived