*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

10 minutes ago, marka1979 said:

I wonder if jones or edmunson will make the bench.

It’s a tricky one, if we were to suffer a cpl of injuries or red cards on Wednesday both would have to be serious contenders for the bench again the tarriers.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MisterC said:

I think this would be a good opportunity to try out a 352 formation with Goldson, Balogun and Helander as the three central defenders. Tav and borna wing backs, midfield 3 with morelos and roofe up front

Why change a formation that’s working wonders for us in a crucial must win game mate 

6 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

In all honesty wouldn’t mind Kent getting dropped and a front 3 of Hagi Morelos and Roofe 

Even Hagi on for Kent at, or just after halftime, and Itten for Roofe. Let Morelos get the full 90 minutes. That may depend on scoreline at that point though. 

9 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Even Hagi on for Kent at, or just after halftime, and Itten for Roofe. Let Morelos get the full 90 minutes. That may depend on scoreline at that point though. 

Think Hagi deserves to start tbh, last 3 games he’s been very good. 

7 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Pretty sure Kent will be rested and Alfie will start with Roofe also starting.  Really important game this and we we need to be at them from the start. 

I'm not sure whether players that are going to be starters, or at least participate in an Old firm game should be totally rested the game beforehand. 

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'm not sure whether players that are going to be starters, or at least participate in an Old firm game should be totally rested the game beforehand. 

Think Kent needs resting regardless of the OF coming up.   Nobody knows, could go with the OF starters and let them start on Wednesday as well.  To be honest I dot care who plays as long as we win the next two games.

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They won't be winning this one imo.

SG set the wrong starting line up last time .

Even he admitted that .

Strongest starting 11 please Stevie!!!!!

League game. 

We get three points for winning vs St Mirren.  We get three points for winning against the Schum. Strongest starting 11 against St Boo please..

Morelos got to start this 1 for me. Even though Itten a big lad he doesn’t posses the physicality that Alfredo does. 

The ball didn’t stick in the cup game, it will with Morelos leading the line, I’m confident Gerrard will get it right this time, he’s done well learning from his mistakes. 

The likes of Kent and Hagi, or whoever plays, need to get so much closer to the main striker more support. Even Morelos will be able to do little against a packed defence on his own.

This is why If've pushed for three strikers up front for a while now just like the Klopp team he models his team on.

Archived