*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Morelos has been hounded on here for nearly a full calendar year now. 

Yet Ryan Kent doesn't get anywhere near the same grief, why? 

He needs dropped,yesterday. 

People seem convinced he will magically show up at the weekend despite being honking for what seems like months. Think because he's had a couple good games against them folk automatically think he's just going to turn the switch and play out his skin despite the form.... Which is quite frankly ridiculous

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Thing is, he never stops looking for the ball and trying to get something going. May not always come off for him, but it's hard to fault his application 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because there’s been no tarrier media witch hunt against Kent with words like petulant and liability constantly used for some of our fans to jump on 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

People seem convinced he will magically show up at the weekend despite being honking for what seems like months. Think because he's had a couple good games against them folk automatically think he's just going to turn the switch and play out his skin despite the form.... Which is quite frankly ridiculous

We paid £1m for Alfredo and he's worth his weight in gold to us. 

£7m for Kent and he's been a massive letdown. 

Spent half of that on Hagi and the boy has delivered more imo, more consistent as well. 

Aribo for £300k and he's getting back to his best with each passing game, the numbers will start to come for him. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Spent half of that on Hagi and the boy has delivered more imo, more consistent as well. 

Aribo for £300k and he's getting back to his best with each passing game, the numbers will start to come for him. 

Kents not reached anywhere near the heights we thought he would since we signed him. He looked better on loan from an individual standpoint. 

It's all about the team and I get he's been a vital part in where we are and that can't be ignored but for the money we paid and the ability we all know he has I expected more from him. 

Granted our options aren't great with wingers so maybe we need to look to being in a better option than Jones and Barker to push him... Not that it should be needed. 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And a 300 grand right back that's been putting our "creative" players to shame for 6 years.

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Kents not reached anywhere near the heights we thought he would since we signed him. He looked better on loan from an individual standpoint. 

It's all about the team and I get he's been a vital part in where we are and that can't be ignored but for the money we paid and the ability we all know he has I expected more from him. 

Granted our options aren't great with wingers so maybe we need to look to being in a better option than Jones and Barker to push him... Not that it should be needed. 

I think decent early season form from hagi, aribo and barker lit a fire under Kent but when their form dipped away so did Kent's.

47 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'd much rather a player that shows up against hibs, accies, killie etc instead of one that might show up against the filth

Should get a chance to show his stuff on Wed, it he doesn't perform again then he doesn't deserve a start at the weekend 

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

A draw on Saturday leaves the door slightly ajar. Two wins this week shuts it. 6 points, and nothing less.

I agree that two wins shuts the door & no doubt gerrard is going to be aggressive with there defensive frailties,  but if it’s a hard fought game that ends a draw it’s a better result for us, they are then relying on snookers it’s out there hands.

Just now, Glory awaits said:

I agree that two wins shuts the door & no doubt gerrard is going to be aggressive with there defensive frailties,  but if it’s a hard fought game that ends a draw it’s a better result for us, they are then relying on snookers it’s out there hands.

Yeah, it’s better for us. But it’ll give them the chance to build on their recent ‘better’ form, and seeing the gap close through those games in hand will give them further confidence. Those bastards know how to win things, we don’t. We need to make sure it’s not an option for them.

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Shambles of a kick off time. Lots of us will be working and even for the likes of me working from home it's not feasible having the game on while I work.

I agree, but if gerrard & the management think bringing this forward 5 hours helps us by even the smallest margin on Saturday I’m for it.

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

I agree, but if gerrard & the management think bringing this forward 5 hours helps us by even the smallest margin on Saturday I’m for it.

Fair enough, if the management team are happy then that's what matters. 

2 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Wasn't great last time we played there late midweek either...

Archived