Rangers star's injury setbacks 'frustrating' Gers boss in title race

The Dude

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has admitted that he is “frustrated” as Ryan Jack’s return from injury was delayed again – and confessed there isn’t any time frame on the Scotland star’s recovery.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers-stars-injury-setbacks-frustrating-gers-boss-in-title-race/

14 minutes ago, Malkster said:

His Scotland call ups have seriously affected his time on the park for us.

Time for a rethink Ryan

Too true, if playing for the national team in any way curtails his club career then he needs to chuck it.The  club is his living after all. The tartan army give him a hard enough time anyway.

Thats a blow . 

He's the ideal player in the games that we have to be a bit more defensive minded . 

Obviously c.....c on the 2nd , but with away games to aberdeen , hibs , and motherwell in January , I'm hoping he's back sooner than later . 

3 hours ago, Malkster said:

His Scotland call ups have seriously affected his time on the park for us.

Time for a rethink Ryan

His injury happened against Aberdeen. If anything, playing for Scotland enhanced him because he looked like he was getting back to his best again just before the injury.

I get the hatred for the national set-up but that wasn't the case here. And if Ryan Jack wants to play international football then I will support him.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Thats a blow . 

He's the ideal player in the games that we have to be a bit more defensive minded . 

Obviously c.....c on the 2nd , but with away games to aberdeen , hibs , and motherwell in January , I'm hoping he's back sooner than later . 

Yip and that's why the manager isn't happy.  This coming month is massive and exactly the games we need Ryan Jack.

6 hours ago, dee9 said:

Actually think he's seriously underrated by a section of our support. 

Huge player for us. 

Not sure I'd agree he's underrated, the majority seen to acknowledge his importance.

There is however a growing frustrating over his inability to stay fit for a sustained period.

23 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Not sure I'd agree he's underrated, the majority seen to acknowledge his importance.

There is however a growing frustrating over his inability to stay fit for a sustained period.

Lad is a diehard no surrender Bear.

Not a world class player yet, but plays our out of his skin for us. 

100 percenter 

I love Ryan he'd be in my team every week but he's no reliable enough injury wise I'd seriously concider selling him. 

I always remember Walter selling Thomson to Middlesbrough and been gutted thinking wtf but ultimately it proved the correct decision as we got 2 million for a player that was clearly gonna struggle to remain fit. 

Ryan Jack for me is in the same boat now. 

31 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I love Ryan he'd be in my team every week but he's no reliable enough injury wise I'd seriously concider selling him. 

I always remember Walter selling Thomson to Middlesbrough and been gutted thinking wtf but ultimately it proved the correct decision as we got 2 million for a player that was clearly gonna struggle to remain fit. 

Ryan Jack for me is in the same boat now. 

Unfortunately I'd tend to agree at the minute, if he's fit come may and there's interest, cashing in may be the best option.

18 hours ago, philiprfc said:

Just hope he's back by the 2nd.

I was hoping he might get some minutes v st. Mirren but the weather forecast at kick off is 1 degree, so even if he is fit? I doubt if he will be risked, so I don't see him being available to face septic.  Which is a huge blow 

Archived