• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gheorghe Hagi knows.......   And speaking on a TV station in his homeland the Rangers star's father issued a robust defence of his son. It was put to Hagi Sr that Ianis signed to be a s

He's 21, you are not going to get a 21 year old who performs brilliant every game at Rangers now... If they did they would be off to bigger leagues.  What we have is a hugely talented young man w

I hope we are starting to see him flourish and have the impact that I personally think he is capable of. He still has to prove me right of course. In my opinion he showed a wide range of attribut

Posted Images

Just now, Professor_Chang said:

We have at times the worst group of fans I know.   About 2 months ago people were writing him off and now we are singing his praises.  He is a young boy with massive potential.  He is the type of player who will try passes etc that a few times wont come off but when the do you're getting a goal.  At times I am thankful we arent in Ibrox at times because the abuse him and some players would be getting at times is shite.

Same thing happens at every big club, it’s part of the pressure of being at a club that expects silverware year in year out 

22 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

We have at times the worst group of fans I know.   About 2 months ago people were writing him off and now we are singing his praises.  He is a young boy with massive potential.  He is the type of player who will try passes etc that a few times wont come off but when the do you're getting a goal.  At times I am thankful we arent in Ibrox at times because the abuse him and some players would be getting at times is shite.

If you read the post again you might realise that it's quite analytical and balanced. With an optimistic edge. I'm hardly going mad praising him 

Colin Traive and OhW like this

Read a thing before he signed that said he’ll infuriate Rangers fans because he gives the ball away more than anyone in the team, but that he does that because he’s always going for the game changing pass. Doesn’t play it safe and always tries to create. No point in drilling that out of him, because it’s his biggest quality. 

I’m not sure I ever see him as a nailed on starter for us, but a great asset in the squad. 

gmcf likes this
1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Read a thing before he signed that said he’ll infuriate Rangers fans because he gives the ball away more than anyone in the team, but that he does that because he’s always going for the game changing pass. Doesn’t play it safe and always tries to create. No point in drilling that out of him, because it’s his biggest quality. 

I’m not sure I ever see him as a nailed on starter for us, but a great asset in the squad. 

I dont know a single Rangers fan that has said Hagi infuriates them,so whatever you read must have been pish.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

I wonder how much impact his dad being here has on him. He has properly upped his game recently and his dad has been here for 3 weeks. Maybe we should bring his dad in as a coach 😂

Didnt know that his dad was over here, if its the case then that will help him for sure you would think.

Last couple of games he has looked like the player we thought we had signed. He did however deserved to be dropped earlier in the season as he wasn’t playing well. Hopefully this is the start of him maturing as a player and becoming more consistent.

He has the potential to reach the very top.

It's a shame when he is running he looks like he's towing a caravan. You can see he has the vision, close control and a footballing brain streets ahead of most in our team though. 

Think his best position is behind the striker in a sort of CAM role.

Shows the strength in depth of our squad that he has hardly been given any game time this season.

Seems to be that classic luxury player complete with real quality and the vision to unlock stubborn/stacked defences. Fortunately, the core of the team is so strong defensively that we can afford such a player on the field - especially against teams that just want to sit in. Hopefully he pushes on and seizes his chance.

3 hours ago, Sket said:

I dont know a single Rangers fan that has said Hagi infuriates them,so whatever you read must have been pish.

Plenty have said he’s shite...

It was coming from a fan from his previous team. Idea being that he’s frustrating, but will always create something. 

The only thing Hagi lacks is pace in my opinion. However, some of the greatest players in the world lack pace but still get the job done. He has 2 good feet and isn’t afraid to take a shot. He also has a great range of passes and his work rate can’t be argued with. We need to be patient with this boy because I think he will be a massive player for us. He will no doubt have further dips of form but in the long run he’ll be a goodun. 

Don Logan 2 likes this
5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The lad's a player with the vision and ability no other possesses. 

Think he'll prove his worth in spades. 

Quicksilver brain, fantastic vision, great range of passing, runs like he’s in stuck in treacle.

The last one detracts from the first three.