Ianis Hagi

RockwellGers

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Read a thing before he signed that said he’ll infuriate Rangers fans because he gives the ball away more than anyone in the team, but that he does that because he’s always going for the game changing pass. Doesn’t play it safe and always tries to create. No point in drilling that out of him, because it’s his biggest quality. 

I’m not sure I ever see him as a nailed on starter for us, but a great asset in the squad. 

Exactly this. We keep slating our DMs (Davis gets it more than most) for the sideways passing and playing safe if the splitting pass is not on. Hagi tries for those passes that provide the quality we need in the final third - but of course they won’t come off most of the time, which is fine, once can be enough. 
listening to folk that can’t see the bigger picture doesn’t help. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consistency is the key, still a young boy with not much first team fitba about him, can see he lacks pace but having a footballing brain  makes up for that, personally was frustrated by him when he kept giving balls away, abit like kamara does but has cut it out.

Only defoe and arfield are on the same wavelength when it comes to playing through a packed defence imo, he needs to make a name for himself not because of his Dad but his own game, I hope he becomes the key player we all want, at time he will be a luxury player that needs carried, thats ok aslong as he performs.... good positive few weeks for young Hagi, hope it continues. Hope he builds himself up abit too physically!

32 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Consistency is the key, still a young boy with not much first team fitba about him, can see he lacks pace but having a footballing brain  makes up for that, personally was frustrated by him when he kept giving balls away, abit like kamara does but has cut it out.

Only defoe and arfield are on the same wavelength when it comes to playing through a packed defence imo, he needs to make a name for himself not because of his Dad but his own game, I hope he becomes the key player we all want, at time he will be a luxury player that needs carried, thats ok aslong as he performs.... good positive few weeks for young Hagi, hope it continues. Hope he builds himself up abit too physically!

He's a very raw talent mate. Gerrard and his team seem pretty good a development. They've done great with Kent, Kamara and Jack and I think the fitness team will build home up.

I think next season he'll be great.

I'm glad to see him getting regular game time again but I still think he can play better. His contribution to goals in the last two games are crucial but his overall play in the game can still improve. 

He is still very young with a bright future but my opinion has cooled a bit to what I thought of him when he first arrived on the scene. But if he is on the end of goals and assists and not much more, then he will have a big part to play in the second half of the season.

Just now, Grundy said:

Are you in a position to elaborate on this ?

Basically I had a lengthy debate with Gorgeous and a former Captain of Industry on twitter regarding Galloways claims of defending the union while simultaneously holding the view Northern Ireland doesn't exist. A day or two later my employer was contacted by one of the parties highlighting comments I'd made and claiming I'd damaged the company's brand. 

Archived