Average rangers players you loved

stevemac

Another thing to pass the time til matchday.

We have been blessed with some fine players over the years, gazza, Laudrup etc. And for younger bears to an extent jelavic, prso and so on.

But who were your favourite average joes in your time? For me as a younger bear id probably say halliday, not the best player but it was hard to dislike him, he wasn't good enough for where we need to be but he certainly did a job for us the majority of the time. Be interesting to hear of bears a bit older who can share their stories of players that weren't the best but are fondly remembered for whatever reason.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Davie McKinnon , always gave everything . 

In fact , at the start of the Souness era I got taught a lesson by an older bear when he said he wasn't good enough . I explained that I liked him because he gave 100%. He said look around you , there's 40,000 here that would give 100% and they're not good enough . 

Changed my outlook completely . 

Alex Cleland, 600k for him and Gary bollan I’m sure combined , went on to be first choice right back for a few very successful years , needles to say coz he came from Utd for little money he was shite according to most but he was anything but 

I used to love Reyna.  I realise he is not average at all but he wasn't one of the stars of the team at that time with the more glamorous players being Kanchelskis, Gio, Mols, Albertz, Amoruso, Numan, Ferguson, De Boer etc.  I thought Reyna was absolutely top class.  His goal against Parma lives long in the memory too.

Archived