Average rangers players you loved

stevemac

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Reyna, Rod Wallace, Walters, Neil McCann and Craig Moore :confused: :lol:

More filed under never been aware of them in the slightest until they signed by those posters. Or indeed to be fair people did not have so much info and access to info as now. Having said that I get your general point😃

5 minutes ago, badjon said:

More filed under never been aware of them in the slightest until they signed by those posters. Or indeed to be fair people did not have so much info and access to info as now. Having said that I get your general point😃

Aye but you can do that with a never ending list of players then mate.

Every player starts off relatively unknown, even more so nowadays because they’re bought on the cheap from foreign countries, but that doesn’t make them average 

8 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

Bit of a prick now but Kirk broadfoot, at the time was pretty effective especially in europe, plus he skinned McGeady at the tattie dome.

Honestly though why has this guy turned into a complete tosser against us? 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The best example of this is Andy Halliday. Loved the guy but he didn’t have the ability

Its actually mental to think we are 4 pages in and nobody else has even mentioned him.

Don’t you worry @AndyHalliday mate, I’ve your back

93C8F85B-2A8C-4C89-A04D-6B4B7027F3EC.jpeg

0127EB1B-5D29-40D3-AACD-ABA02C207583.jpeg

A2BB3FA5-412A-4698-8E29-F5ACF504C352.jpeg

887D3D95-641C-4E5D-9A7F-0C4E77724712.jpeg

He had a handful of standout performances at one point, a really solid run and contribution I recall. Effort was always there but was never going to be a mainstay. 

He is a good example right enough, I really struggled to think of anyone average that I loved. Maybe Bo Anderson and Edu for those immortal winning goals but not sure they were even average. 

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The best example of this is Andy Halliday. Loved the guy but he didn’t have the ability

Its actually mental to think we are 4 pages in and nobody else has even mentioned him.

Don’t you worry @AndyHalliday mate, I’ve your back

93C8F85B-2A8C-4C89-A04D-6B4B7027F3EC.jpeg

0127EB1B-5D29-40D3-AACD-ABA02C207583.jpeg

A2BB3FA5-412A-4698-8E29-F5ACF504C352.jpeg

887D3D95-641C-4E5D-9A7F-0C4E77724712.jpeg

I’m no sure if your at the wind up or not but he was mentioned in the opening post....

31 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

He had a handful of standout performances at one point, a really solid run and contribution I recall. Effort was always there but was never going to be a mainstay. 

He is a good example right enough, I really struggled to think of anyone average that I loved. Maybe Bo Anderson and Edu for those immortal winning goals but not sure they were even average. 

I think the best examples are going to be the players we had coming back up through the divisions because for the most part they’d get nowhere near a proper Rangers 11.

Waghorn was another player I liked but again I wouldn’t want him now 

Chris Burke, Russell latapy and Alex Cleland for me. 

Burke looked like he was going to be a star but injuries and form slowly killed his time at us, always hoped and wished he'd been better. 

Latapy wouldn't get a look in at how football has turned out these days but you had to admire the way he played when he was on about 80 fags a day. 

Cleland was great for us even if Del piero almost killed his career with that turn in the stadio Del alpi. No frills and gave everything he had. 

P.S could kris boyd be thrown into the average player category for us? Yes his finishing around the box was class but his footballing ability was definitely bang average for me. 

Archived