Average rangers players you loved

stevemac

another of my favourites is Clint Hill. don't think we expected much when we signed him, but he was probably the best player in that god awful season. and he scored THAT goal too. class. Genuinely loved being here too, you could tell.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zurab Khizanishvili

Big eck used him sparingly at rb until Moore got injured. The big man slotted in fine at cb looked solid and classy for a couple of months. 

Got dropped for Moore coming back just in time for an OF game. Don't think he played for us again. 

John Brown probably?  £350,000 from Dundee but always seemed to score against us.  Turned into a terrific signing & a great competitor.

Not sure about Gordon Durie being an average player when he signed?  50+ odd goals for Chelsea an average of a goal every 2 games?  Wonderful treble in the cup final v Hearts too. 

51 minutes ago, stevemac said:

another of my favourites is Clint Hill. don't think we expected much when we signed him, but he was probably the best player in that god awful season. and he scored THAT goal too. class. Genuinely loved being here too, you could tell.

I thought he was pish and hardly any upgrade, if any, on Wilson and Kiernan but I did love the big man, even before THAT goal, THAT goal just sealed it. Great guy. 

Chris Burke - was one of the only bright spots in the 03/04 season, his performance in the NY game at Parkhead that year when we got dicked was a good one and really showed up guys like Arteta, Lovenkrands and Ricksen who were all pathetic that day.

I liked Gregg Wylde - always put a shift in for us, him and Papac were a good hard working combo down that side in the run in to the 10/11 season.

Derek McInnes - don’t think he ever let us down as a player. Put in a lot of solid performances in the 96/97 season when we had a large numbers of injuries. Think he played over 20 league games that season. Also came into the side for the 98/99 cup final to win a treble despite only playing a handful of games.

Kirk Broadfoot - replaced one of the in form players in Europe and played a huge part in getting us to a European final. A handy player to have on the bench.

Tony Vidmar - had as good a Rangers career as Arthur Numan despite not having the same ability and being a Bosman signing. Extra points for his background as a Slovenian-Italian-Australian, some combo 😂 

3 hours ago, the old guard said:

Nigel spackman, apart from that passback he was reliable and solid. 

Spackers for me as well mate.  
Ultra dependable (passback aside) and any interviews he done he was bang on.  
Not in the same league but always put me in mind of the late great Ray Wilkins the way he spoke & played.  

Hamed Namouchi.

One of the few players in Ecks later years that tried to do little different things like wee first time balls round the corner off the outside of the boot and things like that. Never came off most of the time for him but you could see the brain knew what to do but the body rarely followed.

16 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

Tom Forsyth..Had the heart of a lion, RIP!

Tom Forsyth was not an average player. He was an international standard defender who could have played for any of a number of big clubs. Kenny Dalglish never managed to get the better of him over many seasons. One of my all time favourite players. RIP.

44 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Hamed Namouchi.

One of the few players in Ecks later years that tried to do little different things like wee first time balls round the corner off the outside of the boot and things like that. Never came off most of the time for him but you could see the brain knew what to do but the body rarely followed.

I thought namouchi was utter dog shite. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

WC semi finalist, CL finalist, 78 Sweden caps. Definition of average is getting wilder by the hour.

Tbf, if they're average for us then their cv before us doesn't count for much imo. 

No to say he's an average player in general but if he was average for us then he falls into the category. 

Archived