Maurice Johnston

beararse

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

The only people who I know that were bitter and upset about this signing (and to this day still very much are) are all celtic fans. Johnston was a great signing for us and he looked genuinely happy every he put the ball in the back of the net for (which incidentally was frequently). 

I was meaning because he wasn’t the first Catholic on our books by any stretch of the imagination.

Fabricated nonsense to make us look like the weirdo club built on religious foundations 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think this has been the case since the end of the nine in a row era 

Never quite got the whole thing tbh. I work with some of the most kafflicky people around and they don't bless themselves before we start work.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I was meaning because he wasn’t the first Catholic on our books by any stretch of the imagination.

Fabricated nonsense to make us look like the weirdo club built on religious foundations 

No, I knew that but it really amuses me how they bang on about us being ‘sectarian’ which quite rightly you point out as being nonsense, then they literally ostracise Johnston because he signed for ‘us’. 
There is only one club in Glasgow founded out of religious segregation, and it isn’t ours... 

National News ay 10 went with it.  Talking garbage as-per saying it was the first.

I remember coming off a night shift at the Steelworks and day shift guys showing the papers with the headline that he was signing.  Hard to believe especially after the photos were going about with him next to BM with tarrier top.  I think he said that picture was a bit of a set up.

Remember it well.

One of my works directors at the time was well connected at Ibrox and sat in the directors box each week.

He knew I was an out and out blue nose and that morning he called me into his office and said you better sit down. There was I thinking shit what have I done wrong when he told me Mo Johnstone was signing that afternoon. 

7 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He was a cracking player.

My Old man never went back once he signed :stevieg:

i must admit i never went back till he was gone we had a perfectly good striker and after his act at hampden with his red card  and his crossing himself as he ran off. i dont do religion but he was only winding up the the fans and i have nothing against players from any background just did,nt like him at all ,it was just souness being souness  mccoist was perfectly good before he came .

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Never quite got the whole thing tbh. I work with some of the most kafflicky people around and they don't bless themselves before we start work.

And that touching the grass thing coming on and off the pitch. Is it meant to make them play well, protect them from injury or what? 

11 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

And that touching the grass thing coming on and off the pitch. Is it meant to make them play well, protect them from injury or what? 

I get that it's some sort of religious thing but whenever I see any player crossing himself can't help thinking, if there really is a God then I hope he has more important things to take care of than a bloody fitba' player playing well.

31 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Superstitious nonsense!:lol: I notice some players even hop onto the pitch!? That'll work.............:hmmm:

58 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I get that it's some sort of religious thing but whenever I see any player crossing himself can't help thinking, if there really is a God then I hope he has more important things to take care of than a bloody fitba' player playing well.

And that leads us to the old question, what happens if both the penalty taker and the goalie cross themselves?

50 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Superstitious nonsense!:lol: I notice some players even hop onto the pitch!? That'll work.............:hmmm:

Hop on to the pitch on your “lucky” foot, kiss your tattoos, cross yourself then point up to dead people in the sky. Some players are halfway across the pitch by the time they’re finished.

Archived