We’ve had ‘best’, ‘worst’, ‘average’ - which player disappointed you the most?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basile Boli Champions League winner and was brutal!! 

Injuries was it not?  Cracking player excellent commentator and coach now

I never thought he was as bad as it was made out in the media up here.  I met him in Asda once, he noticed me recognising him and asked me where he could find some kind of posh ham.  i sent him t

Posted Images

Alves obviously, don't think he appreciated why he was here,and never settled to a big commitment, thought he was bigger than the club, and just wanted to stay fit for a couple of years and make the Portugal squads, yet played great for Parma soon after leaving us. 

My own biggest disappointment was Kevin Thomson. Was the better half of the partnership with Scott Brown, we got Thomson, they got Brown and I was happy. Was okay, solid enough, but never really showed the potential I thought he had. 

16 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Alves obviously, don't think he appreciated why he was here,and never settled to a big commitment, thought he was bigger than the club, and just wanted to stay fit for a couple of years and make the Portugal squads, yet played great for Parma soon after leaving us. 

My own biggest disappointment was Kevin Thomson. Was the better half of the partnership with Scott Brown, we got Thomson, they got Brown and I was happy. Was okay, solid enough, but never really showed the potential I thought he had. 

Because of injuries, and Scott brown is a wank.

jintybear and Sparkle like this
57 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Shame for Rozental, Prodan was away captaining Romania while doing fuck all for us iirc, minty's fault.

Don't believe that is right m8....my recollection was that we ripped up his contract as we couldn't get him fit.....he went back to a team in Bucharest and within 3-4month he was playing/captaining Romania.....I certainly don't remember him back playing with Romania whilst still on our book....memory could be playing tricks mind ye😅😅

Jamie0202 and Kaydubya11 like this

Oleg Kuznetsov . Looked every inch a world class player in the pre-season game he played against us before he signed and also his debut against st.mirren . After his recovery from injury , he just seemed happy to see out the remainder of his contract without contributing too much (goal in the 4:2 game apart )

Boli was seen as the marquee signing that summer , but never really showed the sort of form we had expected , probably not helped when Walter thought it would be a good idea to play him as a wing back in the AEK match . Several others have struggled to live up to reputations gained elsewhere , or found the Blue shirt too heavy .

Kris Boyd in his second spell certainly deserves to be mentioned in this thread .

1 hour ago, Pure_Quality said:

That's who I immediately thought of too, great shout.

Closer to home, Andy Webster looked tremendous at Hearts and did nothing for us due to injuries. Another from Hearts was Allan Johnston who looked quite decent and did very little for us.

And paul Ritchie 

Michael Ball - Quality player in there and I remember thinking it was a huge signing at the time getting such a highly rated young English full back albeit for big money. Injuries ruined him really though. Do I remember it right as well that he had a clause where we'd have to pay Everton £1m if he played so many games so we just stopped playing him?

Letizi - Over 100 games for PSG and a French international goalkeeper but I just remember him being absolutely woeful.

Dan Eggen - Was very good in the 98 World Cup for Norway. Did he come on as a sub once for us?

Amokachi likes this
2 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Michael Ball - Quality player in there and I remember thinking it was a huge signing at the time getting such a highly rated young English full back albeit for big money. Injuries ruined him really though. Do I remember it right as well that he had a clause where we'd have to pay Everton £1m if he played so many games so we just stopped playing him?

Letizi - Over 100 games for PSG and a French international goalkeeper but I just remember him being absolutely woeful.

Dan Eggen - Was very good in the 98 World Cup for Norway. Did he come on as a sub once for us?

Two belters in Eggen & Letizi.  

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Don't believe that is right m8....my recollection was that we ripped up his contract as we couldn't get him fit.....he went back to a team in Bucharest and within 3-4month he was playing/captaining Romania.....I certainly don't remember him back playing with Romania whilst still on our book....memory could be playing tricks mind ye😅😅

Could be wrong mate but as I remember it we signed him without a medical and he'd just had a serious injury, minty was gonna sue and ensured he never played for us to reinforce his case, he was with us for 2 seasons before going on loan, I'm pretty sure he played for Romania during that time.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Could be wrong mate but as I remember it we signed him without a medical and he'd just had a serious injury, minty was gonna sue and ensured he never played for us to reinforce his case, he was with us for 2 seasons before going on loan, I'm pretty sure he played for Romania during that time.

Did we not get rid of the guy who was in charge of the medical (Stewart Hillis , I think ) ? Pretty sure it was Advocaat who insisted that the deal was put through , probably for a Euro deadline .