We’ve had ‘best’, ‘worst’, ‘average’ - which player disappointed you the most?

Sparkle

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

LOL 

Nicoll called him for what he was, Jimmy told me that personally sitting next him on a train from Queent st to Haymarket, Jimmy still stays in Fife, been lucky enough to meet him a few times and in the same company, caretaker manager for 3 games in that brutal end, ALVES was the biggest con of the LOT on the way back up, frightening the money he was on, complete disheartened bastard who made a good career of being a hardy bastard

Did you honestly just say “lol”. You’re one for the watch list.

Julien Rodriguez, Jerome Rothen and Cristian Nerlinger are three I'd have in the disappointing basket.

Nerlinger showed he was a class act now and again but he was just done physically and never played more than a handful of games at a time because of his knee. 

Rodriguez and Rothen were both players I really liked when they were at Monaco and got to the final of the Champions League but both never did it here. I thought Rodriguez would have been helped by PLG coming in but I don't think he played much?

don't think players like rozental should be included here

i remember being hugely disappointed when he fucked his knee, but it happens and not the player's fault

so was more disappointed with the bad luck of it all instead of being disappointed in the player.

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

Thats what I mean . Ripped the piss out that mob but was pish for us 

03/04 in general was grim. Barry, Numan, Amoruso, Numan, McCann and Caniggia out the door to be replaced by Ostenstad, Capucho, Vanoli and Emerson all in the worst, cheaply made strip we have ever had. Definitely felt like the end of an era back then.

Most disappointed with

Salenko - biggest shitebag ever

Capucho - probably the worst signing ever as didn't try a fuck

Guivarch - as per Capucho

Rothen - couldn't believe how shite he became

Boli - Just didn't settle

Clement - just didn't fancy it

Negri - what an absolute waste

Flo - £12m for not a lot back

Most disappointed for

Mols, Rosenthal, Prodan and Durrant - horrific injuries destroyed their careers.

Duncan Ferguson  - hung out to dry

18 hours ago, Inigo said:

Was a bit disappointed with Frank De Boer. Thought he'd light it up here and he didn't really.

He was ok ,nowt special but was on the wind down big time .

Biggest disappointing one for me over the years Jonas Thern .Watched as good a performance anybody has done against Scotland in recent memory .When he signed for us he never came anywhere close to that .

2 hours ago, raging blue 1972 said:

Most disappointed with

Salenko - biggest shitebag ever

Capucho - probably the worst signing ever as didn't try a fuck

Guivarch - as per Capucho

Rothen - couldn't believe how shite he became

Boli - Just didn't settle

Clement - just didn't fancy it

Negri - what an absolute waste

Flo - £12m for not a lot back

Most disappointed for

Mols, Rosenthal, Prodan and Durrant - horrific injuries destroyed their careers.

Duncan Ferguson  - hung out to dry

Might need to look at flos goal return 

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

03/04 in general was grim. Barry, Numan, Amoruso, Numan, McCann and Caniggia out the door to be replaced by Ostenstad, Capucho, Vanoli and Emerson all in the worst, cheaply made strip we have ever had. Definitely felt like the end of an era back then.

People say mccoist had it hard as gaffer, look at what eck had to do, essentially told to dismantle a treble winning team and rebuild with loans and freebies, the man still got us 2 CL group campaigns and a last 16 berth as well

If i remember correctly, between ecks first full season and when he left, the debt was down by 30million quid, in that time he won 2 leagues, 2 league cups and a scottish cup plus made the CL groups twice with one time getting to the last 16 (a season which we played 10 euro games and only lost once) 

Archived