We’ve had ‘best’, ‘worst’, ‘average’ - which player disappointed you the most?

Sparkle

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent years Grezda for a couple of million was really disappointing.  We'd just signed Borna who said Grezda was the best player in a decent Osejik side.  Feels like a knee-jerk signing now as Croatia's stock was high and we'd just played a decent team in that league. I really expected it to be smart business at the time.

Seemed to have a terrible attitude, swanning about instagram when he wasn't even getting into the squad.   Just a signing that pisses me off every time I think about it.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Diouf. Can actually remember papaguy, must have been 8-9 years ago, summed him up perfrctly. Nicer guy than I thought, worse player though. 

Beattie was another one, thought he'd do well. 

Barton. Rossiter. Jerome Rotten. 

Diouf was scum and should never have been allowed near our jersey. The fact he was also not very good just adds to that

20 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Kanchelskis was disappointing, apart from a few great moments.

Not really his fault but I always think of the 5.5million we supposedly paid for him a few months after Murray got rid of Gazza for 3million.  Although Gazza was effectively finished by that time, I still can’t help thinking the final home loss against Kilmarnock was made for him to come on as sub and produce a moment of brilliance.  What might have been.

19 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thern was another one who came with a big reputation and failed to shine (apart for that goal, which alone may have made it worth signing him if we’d won the league on the back of it)

Thern came and suffered injury problems all season tbf, fully fit he canters the league back then

As a threesome, Fanfan, Rodriguez and Hemdani looked like a good set of signings in 2005. We got the captains of Monaco and PSG (IIRC) and a Marseilles stalwart. 

Didn't live up to that billing. Hemdani was the best, but for me even he tends to be overrated.

12 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Never got to grips with the physical side of the scottish game , but he was a better centre half than the other one that PLG signed that summer .

couldn't head the baw either :lol:

dean furman that's another one, the next lampard 

at least he signed papac 

26 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Sendaros and Russel Martin, I thought “they've played in the premiership surely they will do a job in Scotland”

Cunts couldn’t have kept hens out a midden.

Everyone Paul Leguen signed.

Sendaros :lol:

Played as glaikit as he looked.

6 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Had sooo many really poor signings, ultimately cost us hundreds of millions. We must have the worst signing history in club football! 

The taigs have been worse, especially this season. 

They’ve wasted millions on shite that’s made them worse off than what they would have been if they hadn’t spent. 

It’s brilliant watching that bitter wank spend big on shite like Barkas and Duffy and feel the need to play them due to the cost of them

19 minutes ago, Swally said:

Although he was converted to fullback I’m still over the moon we signed big Sasa. I had forgotten he was originally signed as a CB. 

Turned into a great player :tu:

He done really well to re-invent himself at Left back , but in the position we signed him to play he was brutal , the performance of him & Hemdani as centre backs against st Johnstone in the league cup at Ibrox was the stuff of nightmares . No wonder Walter brought in Weir & big Ugo , in fact before they arrived , he preferred Svensson .

Archived