Covid

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Big Sam has his own agenda and is shamelessly using COVID to push it.

It’s shocking tbh.

He is only interest is another few weeks to work with his team before they play another competitive game.

He doesn’t give a fuck about infection rates.

That's what I thought,  it's ok for w.b.a. to want it, but you won't find liverpool pushing for it to happen 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re now past halfway with tomorrow being game 21 of 38. Presumably the same issues that ruled null and void as not even worthy of discussion (primarily rebates to Sky, BBC, BT Sport etc) last season are still there so you would assume the same outcome, ie points per game. The scum fixture takes us close to 60% of our fixtures played.

Don't think we have anything to worry about as a decision to handle this season differently would be transparent cheating on a whole other level.

Essential that we keep our lead and extend it if possible.

Average points per game is the precedence no matter how many games played / in hand.

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’d be 2 or 3 games away from 75% played 30 days from now. 

Points per game- Rangers

75% of games played- Rangers. 

Null and void- I can’t imagine what will happen if they do that after giving out the title just 9 months ago. 

Makes it all the more important to keep winning up until any temporary suspension happens, if it does.

22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We cannot do anything about political decisions but once everyone has faced all teams home and away then they can call a winner. But N&V is then off the table. 

They can do whatever they want mate they just call a vote get all the diddy teams on side and wala... 

I think they know there would a severe backlash from us if they went down the null and void route, I think what they would  more likely do is halt the season for three or four weeks to try and break our momentum and give the tarriers a chance to strengthen before the window shuts then sort themselves out for a big push at the title after the restart and hope we don’t regain the form we were in. 

Hopefully this is all just shite though and the season plays out uninterrupted.

No reason for anything to be cancelled, there are no fans at the games and the players are being tested constantly. They aren't contributing to the increase in cases in any way. Never cancelling the old firm on the basis "people will gather", that's a lot of pish imo

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

On about a 2 week break in England as more players get infected. Fat Sam wants it stopped despite taking a job during it. Its the top story on sky sports news. They are blaming the new strain. 

The spfl and celtic will see and opportunity here. Sturgeon may even cancel the old firm as people will mix to watch it. If it stops I struggle to believe the season would be completed.

We need to be at the front of this and Gerrard has to talk about it imo, celtic set the agenda in March.

Give yourself a slap pal.

Even the Coronavirus knows we are on 🔥

It's nervy stuff just now. We have the HUGE game  against st mirren which will be tight, we will probably only win by the two goals imo.

We conspire strongly as a team to get 55 as we have been lately then I am a very happy man. 

2 nil Rangers. Both penalties.:craphead:

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re now past halfway with tomorrow being game 21 of 38. Presumably the same issues that ruled null and void as not even worthy of discussion (primarily rebates to Sky, BBC, BT Sport etc) last season are still there so you would assume the same outcome, ie points per game. The scum fixture takes us close to 60% of our fixtures played.

Don't think we have anything to worry about as a decision to handle this season differently would be transparent cheating on a whole other level.

Essential that we keep our lead and extend it if possible.

There was no comment from the broadcasters as I recall at the time. Talk of TV refunds etc was only ever put forward by those supporting termination by PPG. Read recently Sky treated it as a Force Majeur and refunds weren't sought from SFA in line with the risk presented.

The precedent was the authorities selecting an option for clubs to vote on (PPG), others being discarded due to clubs apparently not showing much interest (including N&V) and clubs then voting on the selected option. If more clubs sway towards N&V I do think that could be brought to the table should the league cease early again.

Unless the scum win on Saturday then N&V is their best way of stopping us winning the league. Us getting it in our own hands and them needing favours is huge. 

I think a covid break is very possible, even probable, and its very naive of folk to not forsee N&V being a huge credible risk to us winning a title.

7 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Big Sam has his own agenda and is shamelessly using COVID to push it.

It’s shocking tbh.

He is only interest is another few weeks to work with his team before they play another competitive game.

He doesn’t give a fuck about infection rates.

He is quite blatantly trying to use covid to help his team stay up, and the fact that he's on at least a £1m bonus if he keeps them up 

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

:lol:

You, I and the entire world population know they will not fucking do that! Cunts in charge of the game don't know the meaning of precedent....

Evidently neither do posters on here. The precedent would be it going to a vote of clubs. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There was no comment from the broadcasters as I recall at the time. Talk of TV refunds etc was only ever put forward by those supporting termination by PPG. Read recently Sky treated it as a Force Majeur and refunds weren't sought from SFA in line with the risk presented.

The precedent was the authorities selecting an option for clubs to vote on (PPG), others being discarded due to clubs apparently not showing much interest (including N&V) and clubs then voting on the selected option. If more clubs sway towards N&V I do think that could be brought to the table should the league cease early again.

Unless the scum win on Saturday then N&V is their best way of stopping us winning the league. Us getting it in our own hands and them needing favours is huge. 

I think a covid break is very possible, even probable, and its very naive of folk to not forsee N&V being a huge credible risk to us winning a title.

Refunds were definitely sought. 

It's being talked about in England, Clubs already being consulted, because quite a lot of players are testing positive, and the overall Covid situation in England is getting bad. It's for 2 weeks. There is absolutely no indication of anything remotely like the EPL being stopped early, anywhere. It won't happen, either in England, Scotland or anywhere else in Europe this season. Does anyone seriously think Scotland would decide to do it whilst nowhere else?

It's also not the same as last season, where there was so many unknowns re the Virus, everywhere closed, nevermind no vaccines etc. 

Calm down ffs!

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The vote was just the mechanism for the decision. Saying a vote is a precedent is a bit like saying court is the precedent in legal terms.

The precedent was giving the decision to the members to make. There's no solid rule in place.

Fuck sakes man it should be obvious by now to people how the SPFL work, get the clubs on side with whatever they want to do then push through a vote, don’t know why people are arguing with the Dude on this because if there’s any hint of the league being halted it will 100% go to a vote by the clubs to decide the outcome.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Evidently neither do posters on here. The precedent would be it going to a vote of clubs. 

That presupposes that the club have a voting paper with more than one option on it.

Doncaster removed the logical option before the clubs had their say.

He hasn’t a leg to stand on if, with fundamentally the same problem again, he recommends/suggests/forces a solution so unthinkable last season, it wasn’t even offered as an option.

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

That presupposes that the club have a voting paper with more than one option on it.

Doncaster removed the logical option before the clubs had their say.

He hasn’t a leg to stand on if, with fundamentally the same problem again, he recommends/suggests/forces a solution so unthinkable last season, it wasn’t even offered as an option.

No it doesn't.

Archived