Covid

MacBoyd

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Was it at the levels initially claimed, that would have crippled the game? And if as I read Force Majeur was the view then how would this impact then/ now on N&V?

They weren't at the levels claimed that would cripple that game as we never went with the nuclear option and there were other considerations (extra games being one)

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They weren't at the levels claimed that would cripple that game as we never went with the nuclear option and there were other considerations (extra games being one)

Yes but that apparently formed some of the basis for the argument against N&V. The nuclear option.

I'd assume the same argument stands notwithstanding the extra games matter.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes but that apparently formed some of the basis for the argument against N&V. The nuclear option.

I'd assume the same argument stands notwithstanding the extra games matter.

I believe so - although everyone I've spoken to has been absolutely adamant there is no plan or desire to halt football.

I’ve said it before

We should stop hugging after a goal.  It’s madness. I work front line with covid patients.  They think this bubble gives them protection but it’s utter madness. It’s no surprise that it spreads throughout teams. The incidence in football clubs is no less that the national incidence. God knows how governments allow it.  It’s unnecessary contact and it could yet end the season early!!!

16 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

EPL have released a statement, they're talking about it now on Amazon Prime before the Liverpool game.

No 2 week break, fixtures to go ahead as planned.

I'd say that puts that to bed.

Hope so, but whilst Sturgeon rules the roost and thrives on power, influence and control then I'm loathe to be that confident.

We'll be in tier 83 by March, think professional football will be at risk by then too.

Archived