Players You Wanted Us To Sign, But We Never Did.

Fuck it, we’ve done everything else at this point :craphead:

Could be a player who was linked with us but a move never materialised or a player you just think would have done well for us.

The big one for me is Robbie Fowler. We signed Flo in 2000 for 12 million (and his record wasn’t as bad as people make out) but to think that just a few months later Leeds paid a similar fee for Fowler always makes me wonder what could have been if we had targeted Fowler instead.

Even when he left Leeds for Man City in 2003 I still think he could have been a great signing for us (think he was about 28 at that point) but by that point he was probably outwith our reach financially as the excess spending of the Advocaat era caught up with us.

But yeah on paper I think he had absolutely everything required to have come up here, scored a shit load of goals and potentially fill the void left by McCoist in terms of being a born, guaranteed, clinical goalscorer.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jardel

I remember us being linked with Vialli when he was still at Juve,  before he moved to Chelsea,  would have been a class signing for us.

Luckiest tarrier ever. His first league title as captain fantastic only came after we were docked 10 points.  His best years as the pedo's captain was 2016-18 under Rodgers with Dembele, Griffith

Posted Images

I'll be very controversial to start.

Scott Brown. One of they players you love to hate but at his peak, puts a shift in every game and riles up opposition players. We've missed that in our midfield since Ferguson. 

He's long past it now, but he was a great signing for them. 

Thomson equally could have been great for us if not for the injuries.

jaywalker and TamCoopz like this
3 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I'll be very controversial to start.

Scott Brown. One of they players you love to hate but at his peak, puts a shift in every game and riles up opposition players. We've missed that in our midfield since Ferguson. 

He's long past it now, but he was a great signing for them. 

Thomson equally could have been great for us if not for the injuries.

A cunt for a battle and one everyone hates, wouldve been good but fuck him, made a career out of being adored by tarriers 

PromDeAnglais likes this
2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Almost done a deal when he was leaving Barcelona. Would've been ridiculous here.

Add Messi and Iniesta to that as well for me.

We said he could only play in European games if he wanted though? Can’t imagine him on a shite away day, would move fucked his career more than it already was through injury 

13 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

We said he could only play in European games if he wanted though? Can’t imagine him on a shite away day, would move fucked his career more than it already was through injury 

Aye never believed that part somehow. We would've never paid that amount for him just to play in europe for us. 

I remember Rangers being linked with Robin Van Persie a few times - when he was first coming up in the Netherlands at Feyenoord when Advocaat was manager and then maybe when Warburton was manager? Not sure how serious the links were though.

Also remember being linked with Klaas Jan Huntelaar. 

Both those guys would have scored boat loads!

DiamondDan likes this

Jardel was definitely a sore one. Would have been sensational up here. Went on to prove himself a top striker. Boy was desperate to be here as well.

Used to be linked with tonnes of top players back in the day. Was financially realistic, but the league we were in fucked the chances of getting them. The likes of Shevchenko, Klinsmann, fat Ronaldo and Bergkamp were all touted for us at points.

6 hours ago, TexasGers said:

I remember Rangers being linked with Robin Van Persie a few times - when he was first coming up in the Netherlands at Feyenoord when Advocaat was manager and then maybe when Warburton was manager? Not sure how serious the links were though.

Also remember being linked with Klaas Jan Huntelaar. 

Both those guys would have scored boat loads!

RVP said Advocaat needed to sell players before he could buy him.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Jardel was definitely a sore one. Would have been sensational up here. Went on to prove himself a top striker. Boy was desperate to be here as well.

Used to be linked with tonnes of top players back in the day. Was financially realistic, but the league we were in fucked the chances of getting them. The likes of Shevchenko, Klinsmann, fat Ronaldo and Bergkamp were all touted for us at points.

Can you imagine R9 in Scotland :lol: He'd have had about 60 goals by December.

I remember really wanting to sign Julien Faubert at the time until it came out that he snuck out of the talks to go sign for West Ham.

kelvd1873 likes this
3 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Can you imagine R9 in Scotland :lol: He'd have had about 60 goals by December.

I remember really wanting to sign Julien Faubert at the time until it came out that he snuck out of the talks to go sign for West Ham.

He must be the only player in the world to have both Real Madrid and Kilmarnock on his CV.

SkylineBlue and graeme_4 like this