Players You Wanted Us To Sign, But We Never Did.

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I'll be very controversial to start.

Scott Brown. One of they players you love to hate but at his peak, puts a shift in every game and riles up opposition players. We've missed that in our midfield since Ferguson. 

He's long past it now, but he was a great signing for them. 

Thomson equally could have been great for us if not for the injuries.

Brown was anonymous pre Sevco. 

Scott Brown. One of they players you love to hate but at his peak, puts a shift in every game and riles up opposition players. We've missed that in our midfield since Ferguson. 

Fuck off 😂😂

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Brown was anonymous pre Sevco. 

Luckiest tarrier ever. His first league title as captain fantastic only came after we were docked 10 points. 

His best years as the pedo's captain was 2016-18 under Rodgers with Dembele, Griffiths, Forrest, Roberts, Sinclair, Armstrong, McGregor and Rogic all playing alongside him and winning games while he swaggered around the centre circle. 

Just now, M0NTANA said:

Were we not close to signing Ruud Van Nistelrooy? He then go injured deal fell through and he signed with United after?

I recall we were sniffing around looking to pick him up for £12-£13m but a deal was then struck for Man Utd to take him for £18-£19m. He then got injured but Man Utd were happy to wait until the following summer to get him. Something along those lines anyway. We ended up with Flo who I think was the wrong sort of player for us at the time.

1 hour ago, the sliver fox said:

I remember us being linked with Vialli when he was still at Juve,  before he moved to Chelsea,  would have been a class signing for us.

I’ve heard Vialli say he’d had dinner with Walter and Murray and pretty much agreed to sign but Chelsea came up last minute and he’d always wanted to stay in London 

A pity because he was a brilliant player even in his later years 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I’ve heard Vialli say he’d had dinner with Walter and Murray and pretty much agreed to sign but Chelsea came up last minute and he’d always wanted to stay in London 

A pity because he was a brilliant player even in his later years 

He did, I remember reading at the time he was quoted as saying "Rangers want to make me the King of Scotland".

As said in the posts above, Jardel was a sore one, he would have been incredible for us.

Get this to fuck. The cunt never kicked his arse for them until we went down in 2012. Made to look like a superstar by the dross that laid down to them after that. Fuck him and fuck them. 

EDIT: Just noticed several other posters said the same. Thank fuck. 

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Get this to fuck. The cunt never kicked his arse for them until we went down in 2012. Made to look like a superstar by the dross that laid down to them after that. Fuck him and fuck them. 

He agreed to join Rangers with Thomson (they were known as “the twins” at the time for some reason) and handshakes all round until the contract was ready.

Petrie and Lawwell then got together (can’t say for sure who initiated it) and got the player to go back on his word to Rangers and join the scum instead.

The morals and scruples of a future scum captain, even before he joined them.

Bullet dodged.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

One that could still happen, I guess but I really like the look of that Allan Campbell at Motherwell. Think he's on a free at the end of the season but will no doubt go to the Championship or Hibs as his next move.

:lol: no no nooooo.

21 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He agreed to join Rangers with Thomson (they were known as “the twins” at the time for some reason) and handshakes all round until the contract was ready.

Petrie and Lawwell then got together (can’t say for sure who initiated it) and got the player to go back on his word to Rangers and join the scum instead.

The morals and scruples of a future scum captain, even before he joined them.

Bullet dodged.

I don’t think that’s true. As far as I know Walter never wanted Brown, he only wanted Thomson. 

1 hour ago, GaryStevens02 said:

Chris Waddle, For some reason I always expected him to join us but it never happened. Don’t remember if he was ever rumoured or not.

Matt Le Tissier would be another. 

He ended up at Falkirk tae ,

The one that sticks in my mind as a player back in the day ,Don’t think there were any strong links but loved him as a player .Edgar Davids 

Psycho Pearce . 

Souness made a concerted effort to get him when he was at Notts Forest but Cloughie stood firm . Nobody had really heard of him at that point but in the next year or two went on to make a name for himself . 

Would have fitted in perfectly . 

Archived