Players You Wanted Us To Sign, But We Never Did.

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Scott Allan would have been perfect for our team when we were linked with him and would have kicked on IMO, but turned his back on his youth and chased the money. 

No he didnt, hibs never once accepted our offer, allan had the choice of hibs or multiplying his wages big time at celtic, there was absolutely no guarantee we'd have went back in for him that jan, 

Back in the day my da had some contacts in Ibrox and told me "we're about to sign a high profile catholic,if we're gonna sign one of them then we might as well get the best one we can"

In those days no player was outside our budget,so i went to school telling everyone that would listen that we were signing Maradona..............we signed Mo Johnson  :rofl:

So Maradona for me

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

No he didnt, hibs never once accepted our offer, allan had the choice of hibs or multiplying his wages big time at celtic, there was absolutely no guarantee we'd have went back in for him that jan, 

Cheers Scott Allan’s da 

Batistuta - could have got him at 30 years old for £10m.  Murray didn't think was any resale there. Fuck selling him lol

Shevchenko - we matched the 9m AC Milan bid and got him for.

Ronaldo - think we matched his buyout (20m?) but choose Inter Milan

Jardel - bombed his trial - later transpired he had a toe problem (and think kept it quiet)

Viali - choose Chelsea (what a free that would have been)

John Hartson - failed medical............. (i'm joking lol)

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Stubbs played a huge huge part in that deal to Celtic also.

Bitter cunt.

2 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

Batistuta - could have got him at 30 years old for £10m.  Murray didn't think was any resale there. Fuck selling him lol

Jardel - bombed his trial - later transpired he had a toe problem (and think kept it quiet)

Forgot about Ginola

4 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

No need to joke about Hartson, he's a bitter bastard towards us now but seemingly he was in tears at failing his medical with us, he definitely wanted to sign but the prodan farce put us off with Hartson previous knee injuries

He'd have fucking ran riot for us up here, instead he did it for them, absolutely hated him against us, big amo and moore could barely handle him

7 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

He went to Roma for the highest record fee for a 30 year old ever apparently so I don't think that is right...

37 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You must know him or something with how much you back him up :lol: 

21 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

I did not know about Shevchenko. One of my all time favourites. That would have been sensational. Any of them would have been. I knew Vialli could have but only chose Chelsea so he could live in London.

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He went to Roma for the highest record fee for a 30 year old ever apparently so I don't think that is right...

Jardel never signed cause of u could only have certain amount of non eu players aswell iirc ,or work permit or something ,think he just made up most his post tbh 

56 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

just looked this up mate - I know its a tabloid but does refer to it - maybe started scoring beginning of season and price went up.  Fuck just noticed was 23 years ago lol- time flies

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12334065.batistuta-can-go-to-Rangers-for-10m-look-whos-back-and-look-whos-the-next-ibrox-target/

oh and believe vierri went for 30m or so at 30 but you prob mean at the time

Archived