***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

9 hours ago, CR3 said:

You must be shite at football manager.

Kent shows up in these games. As much as I appreciate Hagi’s recent scaffed shots that have turned into goals against the lesser teams he’s not proven he’s got enough and ready to get torn right into this mob imo. All but Kent for Hagi

CR3 1-0 @ForeverAndEver 

Same scoreline on Saturday please.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Huge, huge game this. Already dreading counting down the minutes to kickoff on the day. 

Saturday is all I can think about. Woke up early this morning well before my alarm for work and I sat thinking about Saturday.

Irs crazy what these games do to us.

5 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Saturday is all I can think about. Woke up early this morning well before my alarm for work and I sat thinking about Saturday.

Irs crazy what these games do to us.

I woke up this morning and thought the game was tomorrow then I realised still two fucking days to go 😩

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

I think Barasic has been told to reign in a bit or at least be sensible, he barely put in a cross yesterday but defensively he was very sound. I think this old firm will be like the last, tav and barasic mainly on defensive duty only going up when they need to, most our play might be through the middle with tav or barasic in support of that attack but the other covering with (presumably) davis covering the open space. 

Yeah and I think our 2 full backs not crossing as much in the last 3 games leads up to this game. 

Everything has been into feet and on the deck and the taig defenders can’t deal with the ball on the deck. 

3 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Yeah and I think our 2 full backs not crossing as much in the last 3 games leads up to this game. 

Everything has been into feet and on the deck and the taig defenders can’t deal with the ball on the deck. 

They cant deal with set pieces, corners or crosses either tbf

so basically their shite and we will have a range of ways to pepper their goal! 

Just now, They Gnu said:

Never mind perhaps you can get involved in a drunken battle with another jakeball on RM🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Never mind perhaps you can get involved in a drunken battle with another jakeball on RM🤣🤣

Bit early for that mate, maybe later 😆

Too many folk happy with a draw, thing is is this game is also about psychological aspects.

a draw suits them and then it makes the other 2 old firms and league fixtures nervy. and then they'll get a air of confidence and go on a run, bit of support in January window and who knows.

we beat them; their heads goes down again, doubts about the personnel and manager and our lead goes to 10 and gives us a much bigger cushion

EDIT: removed the point fuck up 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Too many folk happy with a draw, thing is is this game is also about psychological aspects.

a draw suits them, it reduces the points to 6 (games in hand no counted) and then it makes the other 2 old firms and league fixtures nervy. and then they'll get a air of confidence and go on a run, bit of support in January window and who knows.

we beat them; their heads goes down again, doubts about the personnel and manager and our lead goes to 10 and gives us a much bigger cushion

How does a draw reduce the points to 6 surely it stays the same? 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

a draw suits them, it reduces the points to 6 (games in hand no counted) and then it makes the other 2 old firms and league fixtures nervy. and then they'll get a air of confidence and go on a run, bit of support in January window and who knows.

Absolutely. A win totally demoralises them - and maybe even persuades their board not to bother spending in January when they'll probably have a new manager coming in the summer. I think there's also a golden opportunity to really break their keeper Barkas if we can win comfortably. 

8 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Do we not get a point for a draw like 😂 in what universe does a draw reduce the points? 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fuck a draw! It's at home and they are shite. They couldn't even manage a shot on target at the piggery ffs.

Their defence is a shambles, and they are meant to be playing their 5 million pound goalkeeper who is atrocious. Their players will be nervous too as they aren't used to playing catch up. 

I'd be very disappointed if we drew to that mob at Ibrox. We should be winning it with a clean sheet. Don't give the cunts a glimour of hope. 

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t think they’ll play that 4-4-2 they’ve been playing.

i think they’ll drop the Thumb and play 3 at the back.Duffy and Bitton in for Thumb and Jullien.

I think that’s their Plan B. They like Griffiths off the bench for impact and, much as they need the win, they know that a defeat leaves them (at best) a net ten points behind a team unbeaten in 22 games. “Taxi for Lennon” time.

They could well play for the draw to keep their manager in a job.

11 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Does anyone elses heart race a little when thinking about these games days in advance?

Felt close to heart attack on a few occasions usually during the game though, my Mrs is convinced that’s how I’ll leave this world said every big game she’s sitting waiting for the call 😆

Archived